Far too serious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

A CD is (other than a financial investment) a "Compact Disk."  Originally called a worm drive (write once, readonly drive) it was the death of Floppys.

A thousand years from now, there will not be a single 20th/21st century CD player in working condition. There will, however, still be some from the 19th century...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphon

I have friends in Vermont who have a large disc player in the 2nd floor foyer of their 3 story home. Its lovely music permeates the entire house when they play it. For romantic evenings, they have a small (compact) disc player in their bedroom.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

A thousand years from now, there will not be a single 20th/21st century CD player in working condition. There will, however, still be some from the 19th century...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphon

I have friends in Vermont who have a large disc player in the 2nd floor foyer of their 3 story home. Its lovely music permeates the entire house when they play it. For romantic evenings, they have a small (compact) disc player in their bedroom.

I have been looking into laser turntables, but damn they cost as muach as a car...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_turntable

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2018 at 2:26 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Why do people take things far too seriously? An emoji, a question, a reply, all of it is so meaningless in the grand scheme of life yet some take them as personal affronts. Do they really have egos that fragile? 

The simple answer is...yes.

The not so simple answer is....it depends.

I take very little in life seriously, because if I did, I'd have cracked up, thrown in the towel and given up on all things a very long time ago. Most people assume that I take everything  thuper thereal, but they're wrong ? 

There are some things I do take very seriously though. I don't get offended  very easily, it takes quite a bit of blatant asshatery to cause that. I usually bow out of conversations when I find my hot buttons triggered (no not THOSE buttons..sheesh...pervs)  and stop participating altogether in the discussion. That keeps me cool as a cucumber in the crisper, and makes getting over annoyances with people(what they do/say) much easier too :) 

On 8/21/2018 at 1:26 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Why do people take things far too seriously? An emoji, a question, a reply, all of it is so meaningless in the grand scheme of life yet some take them as personal affronts. Do they really have egos that fragile? 

The world may never know..?

36 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The world may never know..?

Every forum I've been on has had hot heads, and flamers, and it only takes two to make a never ending fight. What always happens, is that nobody wins because the verbal ping pong just goes on and on. So I usually keep out of it, as the best fix. Who knows why some people have hair triggers????  I have little enough time in SL without living in a forum war (although it may appear that I live here........)

Just saying.:)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.