A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

You HAVE to check it out!!! It's said that it's loosely based on Bowie (swoooon) and his glam era. They did ask him to use a couple of his songs in it, but were turned down (he was very particular what he would allow his music to be used for). AWESOME MOVIE!!! 

Sounds like it.  By coincidence, just bought a "documentary" (of public film/TV clips and performances probably) of Bowie's Glam period.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

You HAVE to check it out!!! It's said that it's loosely based on Bowie (swoooon) and his glam era. They did ask him to use a couple of his songs in it, but were turned down (he was very particular what he would allow his music to be used for). AWESOME MOVIE!!! 

I had to go back and find my original quote / your original quote because I forgot the movie title. When I saw it was "Velvet Goldmine", I remembered that Bowie had a song by that title. Were you aware of the song?

*Edit* Wikipedia says the movie title was inspired by the Bowie song, but Bowie refused to license the song for the movie as the main character was a "blatant ripoff" of Ziggy Stardust. Interesting!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 1

Yes right, in year 2018 there's a woman dancing inside in her very high ARC "Anti inspect shield", of which we know that it does not shield anything at all.
Linden Lab should quickly trash all of those from SL so that they are only a bad memory. :S>:(
:ph34r: And at the same time they should punish all who have ever designed those things. xD

Anti-inspect-shield.jpg

• Haha 2

*wonders if there's a way to derail a derail thread*

Ah..that might just have done it. 

And since it's already derailed, I wanted to go back and thank Dillon for thanking me for the "Five Word Story Game" thread. It's been a lot of fun (though exhausting) to read through all the posts and try to make a coherent story (although, that's definitely not the point) out of it. I hope that all those participating in it are enjoying it. 

I can't take credit for the original idea. Someone else had done it many years ago in the forums and I just resurrected it, like a zombie. And like a zombie, it has totally taken over and will be running amok, eating the brains of other forum dwellers until someone has the good sense to lop it's head off with a shovel. 

We now return you to your local derailment

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That Five Word Story thread is fascinating, I agree. I've lost track of how many times the story has taken an unexpected bounce and careened off in a new direction.  I really enjoy watching creative minds in free association mode.  The five-word constraint makes it a lovely challenge and keeps the story from being hijacked easily by any one person.  It's a good zombie.  Thank you, Tex.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/19/2018 at 11:26 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

You get that; I'll go with the chicken and diced jalapeno wontons (for some reason I've never liked the taste of cilantro) and I believe I'll have a nice porter with those.

https://nutritionfacts.org/2016/12/06/why-some-like-cilantro-and-others-hate-it/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2018 at 12:16 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

They didn't want anyone to wear what they were wearing. They didn't want anyone copying their style.  Thought they were better than most others. 

They were the B!tches, to be sure.

I haven't seen one of those shells in a long time.

If I see someone wearing nice clothes, I will usually ask them where they got it as a way of complementing them.  Either that or just hit the "What's she wearing" HUD and see it all at once.

• Like 1

I'm some kind of weird outlier then. I love cilantro but I can't stand stink bug smell. I avoid them like the plague (I've never actively and knowingly avoided the plague, but I imagine I'd be fairly vigorous in such an endeavor). We get fairly high numbers of stink bugs around the end of summer and if I have to get some out of the house I try to do so in such a way as to disturb the noxious things as little as possible. I definitely wouldn't use my Dyson to clear them out, unless I had the convenience of a nearby disposal volcano.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.