Jump to content
Parx Oran

Why Isn't There a Combat Section in the Forums?

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Parx Oran said:

you're good m8. If education were the right place, then roleplay related posts would go in there as well. education to my knowledge is to teach people how to use certain features second life has such as meshing, scripting, etc. 

Primjumping could go in there, but the only community that practices that is the SLMC and would fit nice and snug in a Combat subforum.

There really arent enough of you to warrant a subforum to be honest. I looked at traffic numbers from all 20 SLMC sims and they didnt even add up to the traffic number for a single rp SIM (chose the one I play on). Hell when I played bloodlines even a year ago there were clans with higher number of members than most of the traffic numbers for SLMC sims and they don't come on arguing for their own forums. Combat obviously isnt a massive percentage of SL players as you claim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 3:24 PM, Parx Oran said:

none of my questions have actually been answered.

 

Actually, they have been answered ad nauseum, you refuse to accept it.

ASKED AND ANSWERED. With that said...

dead horse.jpg

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

There really arent enough of you to warrant a subforum to be honest. I looked at traffic numbers from all 20 SLMC sims and they didnt even add up to the traffic number for a single rp SIM (chose the one I play on). Hell when I played bloodlines even a year ago there were clans with higher number of members than most of the traffic numbers for SLMC sims and they don't come on arguing for their own forums. Combat obviously isnt a massive percentage of SL players as you claim

a combat subforum wouldn't be just for the SLMC as I've stated earlier. VICE, GOR, DCS, CHAOS, MCE and so on so on make up a massive portion of the game.

I bring up SLMC a lot because I've been there for many years.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

ps: As for Parx: he seems like an all right guy. I think he overestimates the importance of his community to Second Life in general and I personally am getting really tired of the suggestion that residents not involved in combat sims/groups spend all their time in BDSM/RLV/Sex places (not so much from him, but from some of his fan club). As in any discussion conducted in mixed group, arguments FOR will succeed or fail on their merits, as seen by the group. Arguments AGAINST usually fall flat on their faces.

1

on the contrary i'm fully aware that the slmc in comparison to many other communities is rather small, and the ones that have posted that are from opposing military groups that genuinely dislike me. 

I'm still gathering a list of many active communities that dwarf the SLMC in size that are in support of a combat subforum. Many of them are actually roleplay groups imagine that.

I feel like people argue just for the sake of wanting the thrill of arguing and having the slimmest chance at getting to say "I told you so" and dismiss any valid points anybody could have made. I've gone into this with an open mind in hopes other have, but have been met with bias purely because I come off like a dick.

Stop focussing on my personality, everybody and their mother knows I'm insufferable. Focus more on the positive outcome, and weigh them next to the potential negative. You will find that all it can do is expand and assist a very largely participated-in activity which is shared across most SL communities.

Edited by Parx Oran
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

on the contrary i'm fully aware that the slmc in comparison to many other communities is rather small, and the ones that have posted that are from opposing military groups that genuinely dislike me. 

I'm still gathering a list of many active communities that dwarf the SLMC in size that are in support of a combat subforum. Many of them are actually roleplay groups imagine that.

I feel like people argue just for the sake of wanting the thrill of arguing and having the slimmest chance at getting to say "I told you so" and dismiss any valid points anybody could have made. I've gone into this with an open mind in hopes other have, but have been met with bias purely because I come off like a dick.

Stop focussing on my personality, everybody and their mother knows I'm insufferable. Focus more on the positive outcome, and weigh them next to the potential negative. You will find that all it can do is expand and assist a very largely participated-in activity which is shared across most SL communities.

I am not arguing for the sake of it, nor because I dislike combat nor for the thrill. I am merely stating it because if you get a combat forum then another group wants a forum, then another. Till you blink and there are 100 subforums here making the place unusable. Argue instead for a "niche interests" forum and I would support that. A catch all place for things that dont fit elsewhere/

You claim as well to be a massive percentage care to estimate how many active combat players there are in 1000's so we can see what you think is an massive percentage?

Edited by KanryDrago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

I'm still gathering a list of many active communities that dwarf the SLMC in size that are in support of a combat subforum. Many of them are actually roleplay groups imagine that.

Once again, you're arguing for inclusion in the RP section.

The close connection between RP and combat comes as no surprise to many of us. Imagine that. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cozmo Boa said:

Combat that doesn't involve RP is large enough with a diverse amount of groups, systems and players to warrant a subfourm.

define large, give us an estimate of numbers 1000? 2000?5000? 200,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combat and RP are similar in that they are both widely participated in activities. The reason I'd say that they're two sides of the same coin is that every popular roleplay sim be it gorean, DCS or otherwise include combat alongside their roleplaying activities.

Combat and RP are different in that one requires full attention to your surroundings, reaction time, precision, tactics, and many other ingredients. (Combat) And the other requires creativity, communication, story telling, attention to detail, patience, and again more ingredients. (Roleplay)

Give an estimate:

 

Okay in order to do this I'll take the 3 most participated in activities in SL (Sex, Roleplay, Combat) Do a search for each of the keywords, and add up the top 5 result's traffics. Since roleplay is a term used in sex, I disabled adult results for combat and roleplay. I even went to the trouble of visiting these sims to see if the advertised activities were being done there. For combat, I searched the individual meter systems, as not very many people advertise as "combat sim here" they are mostly labeled "DCS2, GOR" or otherwise. I went through the trouble of finding roleplay sims and groups that I know are prominent such as the GOR hub (which to be fair includes all 3 activities, but I gave it to roleplay for being good sports) 

------------------------------------------------------------ Sex ------------------------------------------------------------

78944 - Flesh and Fur AFK F*cktoy's

78835 - oRgAsMs Adult free sex lounge porn cinema &  Dance Club

74724 - Escort Oasis

70342 - Knotty Beach

68517 - * Public Disgrace *

TOTAL = 371,362

------------------------------------------------------------ Roleplay ------------------------------------------------------------

48503 - Angel's and Demons

24460 - Midgar

33315 - GOR HUB (good average for gorean sims)

15580 - Hatsune City

14573 - OUTBREAK

TOTAL = 136431

------------------------------------------------------------ Combat ------------------------------------------------------------

56427 - INFERNAL VILLE

39763 - [TBW] THE BALANCE WAR

21569 -  Brasil Rio de Janeiro

14656 - Tulagi

13868 - Babylon City

TOTAL = 146283

So we can see that my claim many pages ago that "most of SL is smut" is true, as neither roleplay, or combat even come close to being up where sex is. There is overlap between all 3 activities, but I allocated the sections based on their position in each search result to remove any bias.

From this, we can see that combat and roleplay are pretty much the same as far as activity measured by land traffic goes.

Another interesting statistic is how many people were AFK in each of these activities. It's hard to tell who's afk and whos not in sex sims, and tbh i didn't want to stick around and study it. Roleplay was predominantly AFK. out of my short visits to each roleplay sim, i looked at the minimap to find moving dots, cammed around using the area search to see if I could at least hear and see typing animations and I didn't see much of anything. It was like a scene from the twilight zone, everything was frozen. In the combat sims however, people were running around shooting, and slashing at each other, in other corners, people were conversing, and in the higher traffic sims admittedly it was pretty dead aside from TBW (always something goin on at TBW)

I'm certain SLMC would make it on the list if we allowed people to AFK in our sims, but if we did, people would get a false statistic on whose active and ready to fight so we have a tendency to safehub people who AFK on our sims.

 

anyways take with this what you will, I put in my daily effort towards this. 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

Combat and RP are similar in that they are both widely participated in activities. The reason I'd say that they're two sides of the same coin is that every popular roleplay sim be it gorean, DCS or otherwise include combat alongside their roleplaying activities.

Combat and RP are different in that one requires full attention to your surroundings, reaction time, precision, tactics, and many other ingredients. (Combat) And the other requires creativity, communication, story telling, attention to detail, patience, and again more ingredients. (Roleplay)

Give an estimate:

 

Okay in order to do this I'll take the 3 most participated in activities in SL (Sex, Roleplay, Combat) Do a search for each of the keywords, and add up the top 5 result's traffics. Since roleplay is a term used in sex, I disabled adult results for combat and roleplay. I even went to the trouble of visiting these sims to see if the advertised activities were being done there. For combat, I searched the individual meter systems, as not very many people advertise as "combat sim here" they are mostly labeled "DCS2, GOR" or otherwise. I went through the trouble of finding roleplay sims and groups that I know are prominent such as the GOR hub (which to be fair includes all 3 activities, but I gave it to roleplay for being good sports) 

------------------------------------------------------------ Sex ------------------------------------------------------------

78944 - Flesh and Fur AFK F*cktoy's

78835 - oRgAsMs Adult free sex lounge porn cinema &  Dance Club

74724 - Escort Oasis

70342 - Knotty Beach

68517 - * Public Disgrace *

TOTAL = 371,362

------------------------------------------------------------ Roleplay ------------------------------------------------------------

48503 - Angel's and Demons

24460 - Midgar

33315 - GOR HUB (good average for gorean sims)

15580 - Hatsune City

14573 - OUTBREAK

TOTAL = 136431

------------------------------------------------------------ Combat ------------------------------------------------------------

56427 - INFERNAL VILLE

39763 - [TBW] THE BALANCE WAR

21569 -  Brasil Rio de Janeiro

14656 - Tulagi

13868 - Babylon City

TOTAL = 146283

So we can see that my claim many pages ago that "most of SL is smut" is true, as neither roleplay, or combat even come close to being up where sex is. There is overlap between all 3 activities, but I allocated the sections based on their position in each search result to remove any bias.

From this, we can see that combat and roleplay are pretty much the same as far as activity measured by land traffic goes.

Another interesting statistic is how many people were AFK in each of these activities. It's hard to tell who's afk and whos not in sex sims, and tbh i didn't want to stick around and study it. Roleplay was predominantly AFK. out of my short visits to each roleplay sim, i looked at the minimap to find moving dots, cammed around using the area search to see if I could at least hear and see typing animations and I didn't see much of anything. It was like a scene from the twilight zone, everything was frozen. In the combat sims however, people were running around shooting, and slashing at each other, in other corners, people were conversing, and in the higher traffic sims admittedly it was pretty dead aside from TBW (always something goin on at TBW)

I'm certain SLMC would make it on the list if we allowed people to AFK in our sims, but if we did, people would get a false statistic on whose active and ready to fight so we have a tendency to safehub people who AFK on our sims.

 

anyways take with this what you will, I put in my daily effort towards this. 

 

 

 

See where this goes wrong....type unnatural into places search...a total para rp sim

traffic 33293 doesnt appear on your list at all for rp yet would be second or third biggest on your list and that is just one rp sim. Also you cant just take the top 5. If there are 10000 sims of type x but you only include the top 5 and only 5 combat sims then taking the top 5 skews the results.

 

As I have asked before give us an estimate of how many active combat players there are in 1000's so we can judge what you call a massive percentage.

The reason I keep hammering at this is that I am a profile perv. I look at what groups people belong to and yes they can hide some but folk generally only do that of the strange kinks.. with the exception of gor I dont think I have ever seen anyone with a combat group in their profile. I constantly run across people with sex/bloodlines/Motorcycle/Tinies,dinkies/Games/Breedables/Krafties/Yachting/Aircraft etc in their groups. How can this be I ask myself when you are such a massive percentage of the players. Simple answer is I dont think you really are a massive percentage I think all of those other interests far outweigh you in the number of people doing them and most of them dont have their own forum.

 

Once again estimate for us the number of active combat players where combat is their main concern

You cite a massive percentage surely you have a feel for that number else how can you state a massive percentage

 

Edited by KanryDrago
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Point blank: Combat belongs in either RP or Games depending on nature.

There is zero need for a Combat subforum despite your claims otherwise and further if there were such a need then Linden Lab would have included such a subforum well before now or perhaps you forgot how long Second Life has been around and how many iterations of the forum have come and gone.

You want a Combat section so badly, go make your own forum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

i looked at the minimap to find moving dots, cammed around using the area search to see if I could at least hear and see typing animations and I didn't see much of anything.

If standing still and NOT enabling those cheese "permanoob fossil" typing animations is your definition of "obviously AFK" no wonder you are so out of touch with modern SL that you think you are the most important part of it.

People who are talking via local chat, tend not to run while doing so, as moving and typing at the same time is a pain in the ass, and most people these days turn off the typing noises and bad priority 2 animations, or those get squashed by their AO.

And people communicating in IM's and Group chats, also don't use noises and anims hen chatting...

As for yourt 'scientific survey...  Pathetic... you basically typed sex in a search engine, and assumed that represents ALL the non combat non RP activity in SL, oh and you left out shopping, I know for a fact there's ONE shopping group that has more than 85,000 members, hell the Maitreya group has 83,000, and that's just ONE store..

I'm also amused that you classify 'Gor' as combat, rather than the "bdsm slave play" you and your buddies seem to despise so much.

If you'd searched for BDSM instead of sex,  the traffic figures for the top 5 results would have been...

89729, 84577, 71374, 66238, 65575

Searching for 'bondage' brings up a different list, ditto sex, or latex or dolls, or any damn keyword you want, your assumption that searches must be made on each brand name of combat and added, but that the rest of sl is just 'sex & roleplay', is again myopic to the point of making your 'figures' almost meaningless.

Even your claim that the Gor hub at 33k is a "good average for the gorean sims" is suspect. a search for Gor pulled up some different results.

Top of the list was "House of V" a bdsm club that is not in fact a gorean rp sim at all, or a combat sim of any kind, with 44500.

The next 9 places are all Adult sims, and range from 18000 to 25000, the Gor hub isn't one of them, the first Moderate Rated region, comes in at 11th place with 17000, and it's also NOT a Gorean roleplay/Combat sim, its the  "We <3 Role-Play" event sim.

Yet somehow you are claiming that the "good average for the NON adult Gor sims is 33000"

If you are trying to use figures to prove that the "Insignificant PvP PandaTime Cabal" are the big noise in SL, try using real figures... Falsified figures just make you look foolish...

And finally, your hatred for RP and Adult rated activities, means that you missed 3 urban roleplay/combat sims with traffic figures in the 33000-39000  on a search for "combat" so your deliberate falsification of your results didn't even work out in your favour.

Pathetic... 1/10 for effort, consider your self demoted to Bootcamp Washout 5th Class, and assigned to permanent KP
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Ohhh...

Combat results 435, best traffic  56k

DCS results 88, best traffic 56k 

VICE results 43 (adult non combat locations included 59), best traffic 15k

15 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

For combat, I searched the individual meter systems, as not very many people advertise as "combat sim here" they are mostly labeled "DCS2, GOR" or otherwise

Yeah... You kinda got that ass backwards too... As usual...

PS... BDSM results... 1746, best traffic 89k...

Suck it down Panda-Boy...

 

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave my reasoning for the placement by visiting the sim, and seeing what i saw. There is overlap between all 3 subjects. I placed them accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everybody, just chiming in to read the posts. Some of you guys have made some pretty eloquent points, and I think the SLMC having its own sub-forum would be a good idea. However, considering that other communities, many of which are larger, do not have their own section, then I can understand why we wouldn't have our own section of the forums to begin with. That said, I think we should, as LLCS is an "official" combat system built within LL regions and parcels as a function you're free to use. It's as close to an "official" system you can probably get within SL.

With that being said, I feel as if character assassinations, such as this:

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:03 PM, Parx Oran said:

You're very bad at twisting words. If you want to make me out like the bad guy, you need to be taking direct quotes from me, and rearranging them so it seems like I'm mega Hitler. I can get you in touch with the SLMC's finest on the subject, Wyatt Vanistok.

Are not only the opposite of what is essential for the SLMC in terms of representing ourselves outside the SLMC, but also not the way the rest of the SLMC feels, speaking from personal experience interacting with the various groups within the SLMC as a whole. Reading through many of these posts, I've noticed that many of the non-SLMC people have brought up very valid points. Paraphrasing here, some have said that other, larger communities do not have their own section, or that the SLMC simply isn't large enough. Your response, Parx, in the quoted post, was to accuse people you're trying to persuade of twisting your words, playing the victim (make me out to be the bad guy), mentioning Hitler,, and then mentioning me as if people outside the community have any frame of reference as to who this "Wyatt Vanistok" is. Which is me. Through that, you're not only changing the subject, but also ironically making the SLMC look even worse by mentioning somebody that you believe to be this prime example of a terrible person within the community.  If I were you, I wouldn't mention the people in the community you yourself believe to be terrible, chiefly because it doesn't help persuading those outside the SLMC of our legitimacy as a community.

I'm not going to defend such misdirection's as this isn't the place nor time to do so. However, I will be happy to do so upon request.

If we're not being granted a place in the forums, I disagree with that, but I can understand why with the reasons given. If people were to have the perception that the SLMC isn't a place with decently respectful people in it, then you've blatantly demonstrated that by arguing with the people you are trying to persuade in such a disrespectful manner.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I am Vaukreyn Animebutts, leader of Kobi's group, the Coercion Combine. He is clearly confused, as we are indeed a medium-heavy RPing group based in a LL damage sim. It is right that our threads are moved to the roleplay section, as we are a roleplaying group, but the rest of the SLMC are not roleplayers. 

He will be reprimanded for embarrassing our group, and we here at the Coercion Combine deeply apologize for this verbal defecation. Thank you for your time.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Oh, boy. Now we get Internecine Flaming.


 

Roast Panda, in a spicy Napalm sauce!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the recent posts here between various people involved in the combat regions are representative of what would occur in a combat sub-forum here, I can understand LL not wanting to take on having to moderate that sub-forum.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...