Where's your favorite place to hang out?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm going to say that the general purpose of this thread is to help find each other new places to visit.

My favorite area to hang out is the Sudden Stop furry sandbox. I have made many friends in my happy little community, and they are more like my second family now.

Whether you're a furry or not, where do you say your favorite place to hang out is?

NCI, went there as a scrub to get help with learning how to customize my avatar. Now I go there to chat and help others with their technical problems.

I play tech support on prettt much every single game I've ever played. So finding a place to do that on SL is nice.

I usually play on Radeghast when I'm there since I can play on a laptop from 2003 instead of having to use my desktop. And that's fine since nothing much goes on there that really needs a 3D view.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

Blakes Sea, over it, on it, or under it .   And now I've seen AmandaKeen's piccy.....Baja Bay.  (Love that Helo! :P )

There is another place or two, but we'd need an Adult rating for me to list them.

Only if you intend to show images or the very names themselves contain filtered words.

That said I'm usually found at home, at The Ark or at Aerie Isle. Most of my other hangouts are long gone now.

Agreed about Blake Sea - when not at home, exploring, or Glytch-hunting Get a boat and explore that way - lots of waterways in SL - and a helicopter, or blimp or balloon for exploring land-locked places. Lots of fun (And a rez-zone radar helps, too).

3 hours ago, Qa Boa said:

Agreed about Blake Sea - when not at home, exploring, or Glytch-hunting Get a boat and explore that way - lots of waterways in SL - and a helicopter, or blimp or balloon for exploring land-locked places. Lots of fun (And a rez-zone radar helps, too).

I agree about the rez-zone radar.  It's like passing places on Scottish roads,  when you spot one, remember it, you never know when you might be reversing the mile or so back to it.  Or in SL, re-rezzing your boat after the sim crossing ate it.

My favourite places to hang out are usually music/dance spots. I like crowded places where I can right-click/inspect what other avatars are wearing!

Muddy's, Big Daddy's, Frank's Place Jazz Club.... and FMD, which is, and I quote, "Home to SL's Sexiest and Most Fashionable Avatars".

• 4 weeks later...

"Dark Wishes" is one of my common haunts, occasionally seen at "Restrained Freedom", but as far as the seas are concerned, I always liked "Ahab's Haunt", as its usually empty, has some deck chairs & pool floats by the lagoon (and the sandcastle mer tails...), has TWO rezzing areas by the north and south jetties, and... 

Has the Bones of Leviathan, which are large enough to be visible in the SL Satellite View World-map...

• 3 years later...

Random haunts:

• Mainland and Bellisseria shores while on our yacht 95% of the time
  • tonarino when I want peace and quiet because it reminds me of my hometown
  • The Bali-inspired retreat and Zen garden in Quinarius
  • Lush landscapes like the Soul2Soul series, or It All Starts With A Smile @ Eventide South
  • Koreatown and the Indian shisha den in Kiyori where I am incessantly AFK while working, or pretending to be lol
  • I no longer frequent bars but when I do, it’s jazz lounges like sanmyaku / Pino 1971 or Frank’s

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I hang in two places more than others...

Elven Forest (friendly to fae and non-human though humans are welcome and they have three scheduled dance parties every weekend):

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Elven Forest/241/217/23

and,

my friend's sim, Lemongrass Forest, which is also fantasy/nature and public with nice places to explore and riding trails if you like being on horse-back (also lots of good places for photos) and a scheduled dance every Friday:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rheetopia/147/145/55

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, IamCyran said:

my friend's sim, Lemongrass Forest, which is also fantasy/nature and public with nice places to explore and riding trails if you like being on horse-back (also lots of good places for photos) and a scheduled dance every Friday:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rheetopia/147/145/55

Great discovery, thank you for sharing!

• 1 year later...

Interesting locations noted here.

I'll have to come back in world soon (if I can forget about Open Sim for a hot second) and see if any of them still exist! :)

ETA: I love RP areas where Residents can roam around as observers. My favorite right now is Insilico.

Edited by JeromFranzic

On 11/9/2022 at 7:12 AM, MALIFAX said:

I ask myself the same question, what are the most crowded hangouts lately (Nov 2022) ?

Crowded does not always mean good. A lot of busy places there is rarely local chat talk. It's good for people watching but most ignore people or are afk. 

Off the top of my head, Muddy's has local chat going a lot. I like to look for events that encourage chatting in local. I like to hop around places in the Destination guide and look at people's picks in their profiles. 

• Like 2

Right now, it's Bliss Lovers.

I found this place a few weeks ago, Shiva, the creator, has made a truly blissful place for people to come, to enjoy the lush scenery, explore .. and appreciate.

It's a great place to dance, under an enormous sun. Intriguing statuary and a monumental tree.

If you see Shiva there, please pay respects. Bliss Lovers is truly a work of art.

If you see me there, please say hello.

Bliss Starship 2.jpg

BlissDino1.png

BlissHanging.jpg

HopeSmile.png

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 2:12 PM, MALIFAX said:

I ask myself the same question, what are the most crowded hangouts lately (Nov 2022) ?

511 always has 50-90 avatars.

Peak has a good crowd too, usually 40-80.

Exhale is also loaded most of the time.

Warehouse has plenty of avis when it's open.

On Friday night (Eurotime), The Chamber is open access while Lexx is DJ'ing, 40-80 avatars for 4 hours.

If it's Saturday, Nuit will be full, even before it opens.

From singers Katiaportugal & Alleycat usually have a crowd of 30-40.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 4:20 PM, Nick0678 said:

Exhale is also loaded most of the time.

Just don't go to Exhale looking for IMs/conversation. Except for the sometimes incessant chatter in nearby where people are spamming gestures in the chat, no one has ever spoken to me or my male alt in 2+ years of visiting. Not a peep. Never seen so many blank-eyed avatars in one place. FogBound is a good place for nice chatter.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.