How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

This should have been the first post I made in here (given the title). Le sigh.

Was passionately never going to go the mesh head route (while sitting on the Fence of Indecision). When I looked around at the Sea of Mesh Heads (with unrezzed floating eyeballs, brains and body parts from one end of a sim to the next) I was afraid of looking 'samey' and 'not me' anymore, but a little voice inside kept saying, "you know you want one; you know you're going to get one". It taunted me incessantly until I finally caved.

And then a friend commented recently that the new head really doesn't look too different to the old one. Amazing what you can achieve with a little slider magic and makeup :)  (Floating eyeballs be damned!)

Before: Standard head, Maitreya Body/eStyle Diamond Skin:

597a639706977_1StandardHeadMeshBody.thumb.png.827e915190e2dc91b4b8ad71692e892a.png

After: Catwa Catya Bento Head/Maitreya Body, YS&YS Skin Tone 04:

597a63c0a576b_2MeshHeadSameClothes.thumb.png.4b338808616686d0922daf6b841698d0.png

• Like 14

8 hours ago, RavenWildheart said:

Was passionately never going to go the mesh head route (while sitting on the Fence of Indecision). When I looked around at the Sea of Mesh Heads (with unrezzed floating eyeballs, brains and body parts from one end of a sim to the next) I was afraid of looking 'samey' and 'not me' anymore, but a little voice inside kept saying, "you know you want one; you know you're going to get one". It taunted me incessantly until I finally caved.

And then a friend commented recently that the new head really doesn't look too different to the old one. Amazing what you can achieve with a little slider magic and makeup :)  (Floating eyeballs be damned!)

597a639706977_1StandardHeadMeshBody.thumb.png.827e915190e2dc91b4b8ad71692e892a.png

597a63c0a576b_2MeshHeadSameClothes.thumb.png.4b338808616686d0922daf6b841698d0.png

Lovely! ^_^

• Like 4

15 hours ago, RavenWildheart said:

Oh.  Very nice!

Don't let Clover see these ....
Actually I think she would like the darker eyes of the original better.  I like the way you no longer need the artificial shading and highlights around the nose and other facial features to hide the system mesh's flaws. It moves from looking airbrushed to a more natural skin.  And it is still obviously you.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Oh.  Very nice!

Don't let Clover see these ....
Actually I think she would like the darker eyes of the original better.  I like the way you no longer need the artificial shading and highlights around the nose and other facial features to hide the system mesh's flaws. It moves from looking airbrushed to a more natural skin.  And it is still obviously you.

Rhonda knows me well! I'm envious of how well others can get bento heads to look like their standard faces. I'm still not there yet.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 2:23 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Old memories brought around some bad thoughts and harsh feelings.

I need to find something beautiful and hit it until those feelings go away.

Snapshot_112.thumb.jpg.7d8d3947e300fdbee0934b3123419d69.jpg

This is a striking outfit. (Ok there is a bad, dad level pun there, sorry) but it is.

• Like 3