How does your avatar look today ?

• Replies 37.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my current avatar. She's an Usagi Child ^.^  

i was wondering around a SIM one day, and some dude private messaged me tellin' me he loved my look... he was very polite and kind, asked me to stop running and turn my AO off for him, so i did... the

Not a GREAT picture but i was working on this avi last night. :3 I'm obsessed with my face.

Posted Images

This is the kind of lighting and shadow I was trying to achieve (unsuccessfully) earlier. One of the things I've discovered is that what appears on my screen in the viewer, and in the preview panel for snapshots, is not always exactly what the resulting png file looks like. In particular, I have to crank my Shadow Blur setting to about double the supposed "maximum" (i.e., 8 rather than 4) for it to really appear in the png file.

Is that usual? Is there something I need to set on my computer, or in my viewer, so that what appears on screen is reflected properly in the snapshot?

Moonlight-through-Leaded-Glass 1.png

• Like 18
18 hours ago, Angelina String said:

Found it here:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/neve-coat-snow-nuetral/10675697

It was either this or the one with plaid collar ;)

Oh boy Angelina you really shouldn't have done that............. :)

Now I know about Neve............

Now I have to go through all their stuff.  I'm up to page 26 of 154 and spending too much money already.........

What really worries me is how many stores are still out there for  shoes, hair, dresses and so on that I know nothing about...........................

The Neve style is nice and restrained and some of the stuff is 'must have'. It's that simple.    So it's back to the Marketplace.........haha!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yay for sweater season! Raw shot, only cropped. Been playing with DIY spotlights -- here in one of the Weekend Ruiner sets. Daeberethwen Arbenlow has a great tutorial video showing how to make some simple spotlights. Video embedded below...

saga-1027.thumb.jpg.7bafc1fc87feb92a8372c2e5bd1def5c.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Heads-up for anyone looking for a new photoshoot location. The Baroqued Gothical event has hundreds of tiny photo boxes - both dark and light (dark around the outer areas, light in the inner areas). The event booths are on the lower area, but stacked above each one are a couple  of differently-themed photo areas (there are a few on the lower area, too). Worth a visit before the event closes on Nov 25th :)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I couldn't find anyone nice enough to tie me to the tracks!

When I saw your pose, I figured you had untied yourself and just can’t be bothered to jump from the tracks. “It’s all just so tiresome, maybe if I look away, the train will breeze right past me.” Then, at the last moment, someone pushes/pulls you from the tracks. But, it’s too late - your dress is ruined.

• Haha 4
17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When I saw your pose, I figured you had untied yourself and just can’t be bothered to jump from the tracks. “It’s all just so tiresome, maybe if I look away, the train will breeze right past me.” Then, at the last moment, someone pushes/pulls you from the tracks. But, it’s too late - your dress is ruined.

That's as good a narrative as any, Love, and probably better than any I could have come up with.

But why haven't you volunteered to be the villain of the piece?

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's as good a narrative as any, Love, and probably better than any I could have come up with.

But why haven't you volunteered to be the villain of the piece?

A detest mustachios, which a proper villian must have in such a scene, twirling it vainly fir effect.