How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

9 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

20220429_rachel_stardust_HD.thumb.png.45aba51bb811172d2b42b8e88dbe77ca.png

New skin Insol 'Agnes' for my LeLutka EvoX Erin Head 3.1

I am very conservative about changing look and love my old makeup etc. Thank God we have the freedom to switch between Evo and EvoX.

EvoX only:
Noticed a weird thing, I use stand alone EvoX separate lipstick(s) and has to detach it and add it again, as the skin, when applied/updated on changing wearable resets my lips to default. If I use the EvoX lipsticks as found in the HUD for the head no problems.

When you say Stand Alone EvoX lipsticks, do you mean BOM or appliers?

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

When you say Stand Alone EvoX lipsticks, do you mean BOM or appliers?

BOM and adding it, saving current look, outfit. Next time I change,  the lipstick BOM layer is erase by the BOM skin. I am far from the maximum BOM layers possible, 12 BOM layers in use (skin, tattoos, makeup etc).

Edited by Rachel1206
Clarification

4 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

BOM and adding it, save current look, outfit. Next time I change,  the added BOM layer is erase by the skin.

As far as I know, if you're using a BOM skin AND BOM lipstick, the lipstick layer should be on top of the skin layer as long as it's set up that way in edit outfit.  If you change outfits, make sure the BOM lipstick is still above the Skin BOM.  You have to manually arrange the BOM layers in the edit outfit window.  Skin, Hairbase, body mods, makeup.  If skin is on top, it will cover everything else.

• Like 3

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

As far as I know, if you're using a BOM skin AND BOM lipstick, the lipstick layer should be on top of the skin layer as long as it's set up that way in edit outfit.  If you change outfits, make sure the BOM lipstick is still above the Skin BOM.  You have to manually arrange the BOM layers in the edit outfit window.  Skin, Hairbase, body mods, makeup.  If skin is on top, it will cover everything else.

OK, like what I normally do, skin, tattoo, makeup - I assume you by edit, means this. There is no way to move, reorder the links it seems, except for what you described.

I wrote in the early days instructions to BOM:

"BOM layers added correct

You must add the BOM layers logical using your common sense – so skin first,
then tattoos, then underwear, then clothing. Otherwise you risk a later layer
will cover the previous one unintentional. If this is the case, it is easy to fix, just
detach the added layers and add them again in the logical order and it is
WYSIWYG - What You See Is"

20 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

841432484_Sentinel-2-(BW)-Blank.thumb.png.60b702a0fef3aeaaf62fbded687fb06b.png

I've returned to this photo a few times to try and figure out what is going on.  (I actually revisit many of your photos and create my own stories)

Have you considered putting up a sign to keep away the solicitors and those spreading the Good News?  One of those door mats that states "We found God.  We love our vacuum.  We gave at the office" might help.  If all else fails, you can always quietly hold a shotgun.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

OK, like what I normally do, skin, tattoo, makeup - I assume you by edit, means this. There is no way to move, reorder the links it seems, except for what you described.

I wrote in the early days instructions to BOM:

"BOM layers added correct

You must add the BOM layers logical using your common sense – so skin first,
then tattoos, then underwear, then clothing. Otherwise you risk a later layer
will cover the previous one unintentional. If this is the case, it is easy to fix, just
detach the added layers and add them again in the logical order and it is
WYSIWYG - What You See Is"

When you go into Edit Outfit, you will see a little Tool on the right side of the lipstick BOM.  Hover over it and an arrow will appear.  Move that layer up or down as needed.  Save outfit.  Then, when you put the outfit on again, the lipstick will be in the same position.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I've returned to this photo a few times to try and figure out what is going on.  (I actually revisit many of your photos and create my own stories)

Have you considered putting up a sign to keep away the solicitors and those spreading the Good News?  One of those door mats that states "We found God.  We love our vacuum.  We gave at the office" might help.  If all else fails, you can always quietly hold a shotgun.

I was torn over whether to give you a thank you, or a laughing response.

I don't think I need to add those things, though: you've clearly got the right idea.

I was muchly influenced by the photographs produced in the 30s by the WPA, documenting the social impact of the depression. But I wanted someone looking a bit proud and defiant, rather than broken. So that is MY story behind this. Yours is every bit as valid. And I'm absolutely delighted that my pic evoked one!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

When you go into Edit Outfit, you will see a little Tool on the right side of the lipstick BOM.  Hover over it and an arrow will appear.  Move that layer up or down as needed.  Save outfit.  Then, when you put the outfit on again, the lipstick will be in the same position.  

Ohh, thanks - wonderful to learn 💋 Now only 500+ saved outfits to adjust manually... 🤣, used replace links, when I took my new skin in use.

If I still have/encounter problems, I will make a new post in Bakes On Mesh sub-group.

Edited by Rachel1206
Clarification

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I was torn over whether to give you a thank you, or a laughing response.

I don't think I need to add those things, though: you've clearly got the right idea.

I was muchly influenced by the photographs produced in the 30s by the WPA, documenting the social impact of the depression. But I wanted someone looking a bit proud and defiant, rather than broken. So that is MY story behind this. Yours is every bit as a valid. And I'm absolutely delighted that my pic evoked one!

What you were trying to portray was my initial reaction.  I find the photo oddly familiar and comforting.  When I was a child living in the south (of the US) the sight of these dilapidated houses, and the proud people who owned them, was common.  Maybe it still is common, but I haven't visited the southern US in a very long time.

I did try to keep it light and funny, though.  I really like this photo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

My new skin. It supposed to be for Kaya head but no matter how hard I try I just don't like the way it looks. With the shape included with the skin the result is just a disaster. So this is again my Lily head, which turns to be my favourite for more than year. 

I never listen to that...

The skin I have on my River head is supposed to be for Avalon, and the one I have on Ceylon was made for Eon, the skin I wear most days (and is in most of my pictures, though not the last one on the Chocobo, posted here) is actually a male one but looks perfect (to me, at least) when applied to my female EvoX face.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:11 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Awww. Really cute pic!

Also, I love that you're both looking at the camera. I get irrationally grumpy about pics with people staring off into different distances. This looks like you're not only connecting with each other, but with the viewer too. Nice!

Thank you! I agree, depending on the type of photo. I always make sure one of us is making eye contact with the viewer. LOL

• Like 2