How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I was just thinking. Some of us post pics with Flickr links, and some direct upload. Or a combination of the two. If the Flickr account is removed, or Flickr dies, all of those past pics are gone on the forums. Shouldn't we directly upload, so that our pics stay on, even if our Flickr account is gone? I think all pics from everyone are important, because they are a part of SL history. Thoughts anyone?

All the pictures I post on Flickr are also on my computer so they aren't really lost if Flickr disappears tomorrow.  That's also why I rarely directly upload from SL to Flickr.  If it's worth posting there, It's worth saving on my computer.

Eta...no one else's pictures are part of MY SL history.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I was just thinking. Some of us post pics with Flickr links, and some direct upload. Or a combination of the two. If the Flickr account is removed, or Flickr dies, all of those past pics are gone on the forums. Shouldn't we directly upload, so that our pics stay on, even if our Flickr account is gone? I think all pics from everyone are important, because they are a part of SL history. Thoughts anyone?

Some pics I have at Flickr aren't safe for here. And what Rowan said about having them all on my computer also.

• Like 2

I wasn't referring to our own pics, and what we save , or don't save on our PC's. I was referring to pics that are here on the forums. Everyone's pics. As a part of SL history. General SL history. If a person's Flickr account is cancelled, the pics they posted as links are gone from all of their posts here on the forums. Past and present.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Some pics I have at Flickr aren't safe for here. And what Rowan said about having them all on my computer also.

Lol, most of mine on Flickr are absolutely unsafe for here!!!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL will change forum software again, so then it won't matter anyway. 

Just like the super old forums from back when I joined in 2007.  Those are archived now and many of the pictures are missing.

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/1.html

I think it's unfortunate that many of the old pics are missing. I would love to go back and look at what people could create in the early days. But I don't know if there were any threads that were devoted to pics in the early days.  I haven't been in SL long enough to know SL history .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I wasn't referring to our own pics, and what we save , or don't save on our PC's. I was referring to pics that are here on the forums. Everyone's pics. As a part of SL history. General SL history. If a person's Flickr account is cancelled, the pics they posted as links are gone from all of their posts here on the forums. Past and present.

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL will change forum software again, so then it won't matter anyway. 

Just like the super old forums from back when I joined in 2007.  Those are archived now and many of the pictures are missing.

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/1.html

I found that yesterday, while I was looking through the entire Close Up Portraits thread, there were a fair few broken links, which was a shame. I know Flickr limited the number of uploads on non-Pro accounts and the older photos became hidden from view (or have been deleted by Flickr), including my own. I saved copies to external storage so I didn't lose any of the ones I wanted to keep. Whew!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I think it's unfortunate that many of the old pics are missing. I would love to go back and look at what people could create in the early days. But I don't know if there were any threads that were devoted to pics in the early days.  I haven't been in SL long enough to know SL history .

Slightly off topic of "How does your avatar look today", but it popped into my head. There was a fabulous thread devoted to something called Hippiestock that used to take place every year, and when people couldn't all get together one year, Maddie got us all to add a photo of ourselves to the thread so she could photoshop us all into the scene. I can't find it right now, but it was such a lot of fun, must have been around 2011(?). 

Some of my earlier Flickr photos up to 2010 were put onto a frenetic video by some students who created something fab but temporary called Pummelvision. I still like to watch it from time to time to bring back the memories of what was fashionable or favoured back in the day. A couple of real life photos somehow got mixed in too which shocked me a bit.  These were the photos that Flickr deleted when I didn't keep my Pro membership. I'm glad they're saved somewhere, they're all attached to great memories that mostly make me happy.

• Like 8

Having alts is hard work. I tried to use another head than the free Lelutka from last year, but the Catwa HD pro we got is simply too hard to shop cheap stuff for. And the Genus strong neckseam became harder to ignore.

Almose everything of the clothes is from the Addams sale, and it was free because I have picked up giftcards from Addams in events. Well, one of the alts did not have so much, so she (I) paid the boots. Plus the little alt to the right got a tank top from GAWK to hide the small opening between sweater and pants.

The tank top is a great buy because it is modify, so I could tint the grey to the right shade of grey. 🥰 Modify is to hard to find. And the sweater around the hips is an older Blueberry item. Hairs left to right: Magika - Doux - Magika. I missed the Doux sale for her... but she had a hair already.

Skin left to right: A 10 L skin from Cheap & Chic, Marketplace - Saturday sale Moccino Beaute - Saturday sale Goreglam. Eyes are IKON - IKON - Euphoric. All were free, but the IKONs are past freebies.

Makeups are some sales and some Marketplace freebies, honestly it is so much for EvoX.

alts_003 new clothes.jpg

face collage.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 19