How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

8 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

You did a great job - look like a million $ :)

Thank you so much!! Coming from you (and from Saravendi, above, too), that really means something: you have such gorgeous avatars!

I had resisted going the Bento head route, for a variety of reasons, but this thread, and the others here, have finally convinced me that if I want to do really nice photos in SL (and I'm a while away from that yet, but trying!), it makes no sense not to have a high-quality mesh avi at the centre of them. (I mean, duh, right?) The process has been frustrating, but surprisingly fun too.

And now I can probably justify buying more and nicer clothes, right? RIght? ?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

ETA: Your 2007 avi, notwithstanding the system clothing, is adorable

I totally agree with Scylla... 2007 vintage was beautiful ?

~ Sara 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much!! Coming from you (and from Saravendi, above, too), that really means something: you have such gorgeous avatars!

Thank you Scylla ? for the compliment!

I just want to say that everyone on this forum has helped me immensely. Everyone who contributes to this thread is always so supportive, friendly and encouraging. SL tech and curating your look can be super challenging, especially if your new, or rediscovering SL. So for me, this is my fav haunt, this thread (shout out to Nostoll... ?) has given me a place to share my experiences with my new community friends, yay! So, jealous of the girls who got together in-world the other day. That would be fun. Maybe we could all get together like a first ___ day of a month at _____ linden time? Just throwing it out there ❤️??

~ Sara

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hah! This has very much been my experience! I left SL, mostly, in 2011, came back with an alt for about a year in 2013-2014, which at least introduced me to rigged mesh clothing, and then . . . well, I came back with my main about a month ago, I guess, with a system avatar wearing a skin and clothing that is now at least 8 years old.

Yikes. I felt like I'd ridden into town on a horse and buggy, wearing petticoats and a bustle.

Have you found the mesh learning curve difficult? I'm still struggling a bit, but it's becoming clearer. The people posting here have been amazingly generous with help and advice!

ETA: Your 2007 avi, notwithstanding the system clothing, is adorable!!

Thanks for saying that Scylla ? Reassuring to know I'm not the only one to have felt this way... riding in on a horse and buggy of my own! I didn't know what mesh was until I raided some freebies (as you do) and found half the clothes didn't fit properly ?

A lot of it still seems confusing, but you're right, people have been so helpful.. even with super noob questions!

Thank you! Blast from the past!?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Thank you Scylla ? for the compliment!

I just want to say that everyone on this forum has helped me immensely. Everyone who contributes to this thread is always so supportive, friendly and encouraging. SL tech and curating your look can be super challenging, especially if your new, or rediscovering SL. So for me, this is my fav haunt, this thread (shout out to Nostoll... ?) has given me a place to share my experiences with my new community friends, yay! So, jealous of the girls who got together in-world the other day. That would be fun. Maybe we could all get together like a first ___ day of a month at _____ linden time? Just throwing it out there ❤️??

~ Sara

You're very welcome to join us Sara. We've only managed to do that twice because of time zones. The first time was at the Forum Hangout and a few other Avis joined us.

On Sunday - it was late afternoon UK time, so maybe 0930SL time - we just happened to all be on at the same time, and even though we don't stay together long, it's great fun to hang out together.

Maybe we should set up a Forum Angels Group, and then it would be easier to contact everybody who wanted to join us. Not sure I'm good enough to do that but I'll have a look in world...........

OK I've set up  ~Forum Angels~  as a group. If you're interested please join with in 48 hours, or it gets deleted!!!  No fee!!!

So the first time we met we just turned up............

The second time it was........"what are you wearing"..............haha!

You can see where this will lead..............'smart casual'.......or.....'formal'.......or........'beach'.........and so on, but great opportunities for photos......

If you can get close enough together and not fidget around too much!!!!!!

Edited by BelindaN
added ps and tidied up.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I had resisted going the Bento head route, for a variety of reasons, but this thread, and the others here, have finally convinced me that if I want to do really nice photos in SL (and I'm a while away from that yet, but trying!), it makes no sense not to have a high-quality mesh avi at the centre of them. (I mean, duh, right?) The process has been frustrating, but surprisingly fun too.

And now I can probably justify buying more and nicer clothes, right? RIght? ?

Oh you betcha! Let the shopping commence!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hollie Leavitt said:

Thanks for saying that Scylla ? Reassuring to know I'm not the only one to have felt this way... riding in on a horse and buggy of my own! I didn't know what mesh was until I raided some freebies (as you do) and found half the clothes didn't fit properly ?

A lot of it still seems confusing, but you're right, people have been so helpful.. even with super noob questions!

Thank you! Blast from the past!?

From the teensy amount my tiny little IQ has been able to comprehend, a lot (no really, a LOT) of the confusion over mesh will be a thing of the past when Bakes on Mesh arrives - no more appliers for this, that and the other, which was the biggest source of confusion for me when I was new.

We'll be able to wear any skin on the head/body of our choice, whether classic or mesh. Yayifications!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

If you can get close enough together and not fidget around too much!!!!!!

We still need to get some three person pose balls, then of course find a place we can Rez them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BelindaN said:

OK I've set up  ~Forum Angels~  as a group. If you're interested please join with in 48 hours, or it gets deleted!!!  No fee!!!

Yes... Yes...!!! Thank you Belinda for making the effort. I will be joining sometime today. Yay! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BelindaN said:

OK I've set up  ~Forum Angels~  as a group. If you're interested please join with in 48 hours, or it gets deleted!!!  No fee!!!

Yes... Yes...!!! Thank you Belinda for making the effort. I will be joining sometime today. Yay! 

I joined the group early this morning, members are hidden. So I'm not sure what the point is except to group-chat, which kind of defeats the point (we have this place). I thought the idea was to see when each is in-world when we are. so we can possibly hook-up ...or am I way off in my presumption?  :)

• Like 2

Can I 'reveal' the member list somehow?  Just found a "Reveal Members" box so hopefully that will work.........(feeling in the dark).............

The idea was just to message the group when we were getting together.....there's never much planning!!

The Group Chat isn't working from here yet. Maybe that needs the 48 hours........we'll see!

Edited by BelindaN
added text

49 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Can I 'reveal' the member list somehow?  Just found a "Reveal Members" box so hopefully that will work.........(feeling in the dark).............

The idea was just to message the group when we were getting together.....there's never much planning!!

The Group Chat isn't working from here yet. Maybe that needs the 48 hours........we'll see!

You can, but I always leave the 'reveal members' box unticked for the sake of privacy of friends and members. I also don't show the group in group search and I don't tick 'anyone can join', but yours is a different matter entirely - if it's intended to be a public group, then have at it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1