How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

36 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I like the darker edgier Scylla.  Is this for another themed art show or are you showing us another side of you?

Thanks Cinn. They're fun shots to do.

It's certainly a theme I'm running with at the moment, but I don't know if it will be subject of a show. Maybe? Some of these will likely make their way into my show in November on "Memory Love Loss."

A couple of years back I did a pic called "What Do You See?" which asked the viewer to interrogate their own assumptions about an image of a "sexily" dressed woman walking alone down a dark street. A sex worker? A foolish woman putting herself in danger?

What Do You See?

These pics sort of build on that: I want to insist that the dark, and the night, can be claimed as a woman's spaces too.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

She seems to be having some rezzing issues at this particular location.  Never did fully rez in there, even after I did the 'scroll way out and back in ' and waited quite a few minutes.  She was complete again after the next TP.

image.png.de01cc272cd835cd05dcd177adb7a89e.png

I looked like that today at Swallow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

She seems to be having some rezzing issues at this particular location.  Never did fully rez in there, even after I did the 'scroll way out and back in ' and waited quite a few minutes.  She was complete again after the next TP.

Ah, so I'm not the only person having this issue! Moving camera way out then back in again usually fixes it, but I'd love to know wha the cause is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

Ah, so I'm not the only person having this issue! Moving camera way out then back in again usually fixes it, but I'd love to know wha the cause is.

It's typically a combination of connection and server issues. That includes possibly having to restart your router. This one is probably a server issue, maybe inventory wasn't loaded fully yet.

• Like 3

On 9/17/2023 at 12:26 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

22 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

I looked like that today at Swallow.

16 hours ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

This sort of thing happens at random times. I've had it happen at login and after being on for hours and passing through numerous regions.

I think, this happens when the server sent "avatar wearing this" messaging fails and the viewer never gets the complete list. In Firestorm you can request the list be resent. Top menu->Avatar->Avatar Health->Force Appearance Update (Rebake)  or Ctrl-Alt-R. Sometimes, the Top menu->Avatar->Avatar Health->Refresh Attachments or Alt-Shift-R is also needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I think, this happens when the server sent "avatar wearing this" messaging fails and the viewer never gets the complete list. In Firestorm you can request the list be resent. Top menu->Avatar->Avatar Health->Force Appearance Update (Rebake)  or Ctrl-Alt-R. Sometimes, the Top menu->Avatar->Avatar Health->Refresh Attachments or Alt-Shift-R is also needed.

Been so long since I needed to do that -- I totally forgot about it.

• Like 2