How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

10 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

I'm not sure which of my new uniforms I like better. 

Both are nice, but I was drawn to the second one.  I'm not sure if it's just the colors, or the jacket being open and the detail that is shown with the jabot and the vest (waistcoat?  not sure of the proper term).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Orwar said:

I like both, but I'd have to go with the first if I had to pick one!

Skell brought a really nice outfit in that vein to my attention recently, from toksik - might be something you'd enjoy, too!

Skell pointed out both of these in another thread.  I"ll checkout Toksik too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

I'm not sure which of my new uniforms I like better. 

50805932882_f8518d5622_h.jpg

50805071163_5d87fec9b0_h.jpg

This is at the Continental Navy fortress in Pirates Destiny  That's the CNS Trebuchet behind me.  I sail her a lot. 

I like both. The first because of the deep vibrant color and the coat tails going back, so you can have that knife on the leg.

The second looks more "historically correct" if we can use such words in a virtual world. 

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FSMhat_001.png.439e7ea5b434c4c4f29645df7cc092b1.png

Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the onion, and the bay leaves, forever and ever. R'Amen.

• Like 13
  • Haha 11

1 minute ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I see you're a man of culture as well.

I've had this song firmly stuck in my head for 3 days, had to make a pic for it (watched the video on repeat too, it's amazeballs). 

We dance beneath the scarlet rain
This makes us sick and beautiful
Eat the flesh to fill your emptiness
To become sick and beautiful
Behold the beautiful vile lie
Try to be sick and beautiful
Like a stain in our creation
We make it sick and beautiful

Tried sharing it in the 'what are you listening to thread', but apparently YouTube has flagged it as mature content so it wouldn't let me embed it! Huffs.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I've had this song firmly stuck in my head for 3 days, had to make a pic for it (watched the video on repeat too, it's amazeballs). 

We dance beneath the scarlet rain
This makes us sick and beautiful
Eat the flesh to fill your emptiness
To become sick and beautiful
Behold the beautiful vile lie
Try to be sick and beautiful
Like a stain in our creation
We make it sick and beautiful

Tried sharing it in the 'what are you listening to thread', but apparently YouTube has flagged it as mature content so it wouldn't let me embed it! Huffs.

I listened to it (Fear Of Domination - Sick And Beautiful), not a fan of the song as a whole (not my style) but that chorus is a banger.

• Like 1

Aaaand I've finally had time to work on my fairy outfit. I think it's high time I stop making fancy avatars and head into a RP sim already. It's gonna happen sooner or later. Either way, here it is:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119559@N02/50810231666/in/dateposted-public/

Trickster's doubt

P.S.: I am genuinely not sure which of the two avatar threads to use? Do they serve the same purpose? Is there a slight difference in what image goes where? Posting in both seems kinda - yeah no to me.

• Like 27

1 hour ago, ValKalAstra said:

Aaaand I've finally had time to work on my fairy outfit. I think it's high time I stop making fancy avatars and head into a RP sim already. It's gonna happen sooner or later. Either way, here it is:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119559@N02/50810231666/in/dateposted-public/

Trickster's doubt

P.S.: I am genuinely not sure which of the two avatar threads to use? Do they serve the same purpose? Is there a slight difference in what image goes where? Posting in both seems kinda - yeah no to me.

I found out that I will stay in this thread and ignore the others in this part of the forum. I still double post, but then in the "Challenges" part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

Whichever you like. Yes, they essentially serve the same purpose - the other thread was made to explicitly put 'please don't re-post and don't flame people or their pictures' in the OP, since this thread was plagued by it even after the moderators threatened to lock the thread if it continued. Whichever you choose to post in is up to you, it doesn't really make much of a difference (I reckon most people who are active in the picture threads check both threads for new posts anyway). 

As far as double-posting goes .. Well, there's no proper rule against it, although a great many people frown on the practice (it feels attention-seeking-y; if you post both pics at more or less the same time, it'll just be two threads after each other in the list with the same content). Between these two threads and the vanity thread there'll even be the occasional triple-post, and then you can put your pics in some of the threads in the photography sub-forum, too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is me currently in human form. I have a furry avatar look as well, along with my true self ... a cheetah-skinned lion avatar from the amazing TWI folks. I am Bastet's daughter, after all! :)

Bastet-3.jpg

Edited by BastetsDaughter
new pic
  • Like 24