How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

[...] Whichever you choose to post in is up to you, it doesn't really make much of a difference (I reckon most people who are active in the picture threads check both threads for new posts anyway). 

[...] Well, there's no proper rule against it, although a great many people frown on the practice (it feels attention-seeking-y; if you post both pics at more or less the same time, it'll just be two threads after each other in the list with the same content).

Thank you, that puts things into perspective. From an outside glance, they looked identical to me. Yet the information about there having been some forum battlegrounds makes it clear how things became the way they are.

As for the double posting, agreed. It does make for occasional moments of déjà vu.

@Marianne LittleThank you as well for pointing me to the challenge forum. I managed to miss that and I'll be sure to poke around at some point soon.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

P.S.: I am genuinely not sure which of the two avatar threads to use? Do they serve the same purpose? Is there a slight difference in what image goes where? Posting in both seems kinda - yeah no to me.

I will continue to post in this thread and ignore the other one.  The other thread is just weird because it was started as a bizarre popularity grab by its OP and their attempt to control that thread's content with their rule of no quoting other posts, no banter, and whatnot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

Posting in both seems kinda - yeah no to me.

My personal view on posting in multiple picture threads is "not the exact same picture". 

Use one with a different pose or angle or windlight or something.  Just so people looking in multiple picture threads actually see different content. 

Overall, the person will get just as many likes, if not more, from their photo shoot, because people that think like I do will then Like all the various versions that they see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The new Doux hair is super cute! Oh, and I changed my look AGAIN, because why not? 😉 After trying nearly all of the mesh heads, and playing with different looks, I believe I finally created a look Im satisfied with. At least for now 😅🤣pp1_022.thumb.png.c07cce983d8d7489ae228257ca92b3bc.png

• Like 23

Professional Killer

Tragically yours,
obey and submit to me.
I will find you
wherever you hide,
got a thrill for the hunt,
a skilled criminal mind.

So calm,
tracking your every move.
Unrelenting my conscience clear
beyond a shadow of a doubt