How does your avatar look today ?

Aaaand I've finally had time to work on my fairy outfit. I think it's high time I stop making fancy avatars and head into a RP sim already. It's gonna happen sooner or later. Either way, here it is:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119559@N02/50810231666/in/dateposted-public/

Trickster's doubt

P.S.: I am genuinely not sure which of the two avatar threads to use? Do they serve the same purpose? Is there a slight difference in what image goes where? Posting in both seems kinda - yeah no to me.

• Like 27
  • Replies 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my current avatar. She's an Usagi Child ^.^ ย 

i was wondering around a SIM one day, and some dude private messaged me tellin' me he loved my look... he was very polite and kind, asked me to stop running and turn my AO off for him, so i did... the

Not a GREAT picture but i was working on this avi last night. :3 I'm obsessed with my face.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ValKalAstra said:

Aaaand I've finally had time to work on my fairy outfit. I think it's high time I stop making fancy avatars and head into a RP sim already. It's gonna happen sooner or later. Either way, here it is:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119559@N02/50810231666/in/dateposted-public/

Trickster's doubt

P.S.: I am genuinely not sure which of the two avatar threads to use? Do they serve the same purpose? Is there a slight difference in what image goes where? Posting in both seems kinda - yeah no to me.

I found out that I will stay in this thread and ignore the others in this part of the forum. I still double post, but then in the "Challenges" part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

ย  ย Whichever you like. Yes, they essentially serve the same purpose - the other thread was made to explicitly put 'please don't re-post and don't flame people or their pictures' in the OP, since this thread was plagued by it even after the moderators threatened to lock the thread if it continued. Whichever you choose to post in is up to you, it doesn'tย reallyย make much of a difference (I reckon most people who are active in the picture threads check both threads for new posts anyway).ย 

ย  ย As far as double-posting goes .. Well, there's no proper rule against it, although a great many people frown on the practice (it feels attention-seeking-y; if you post both pics at more or less the same time, it'll just be two threads after each other in the list with the same content). Between these two threads and the vanity thread there'll even be the occasional triple-post, and then you can put your pics in some of the threads in the photography sub-forum, too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is me currently in human form. I have a furry avatar look as well, along with my true self ... a cheetah-skinned lion avatar from the amazing TWI folks. I am Bastet's daughter, after all! :)

Bastet-3.jpg

Edited by BastetsDaughter
new pic
  • Like 24
3 hours ago, Orwar said:

ย ย  [...] Whichever you choose to post in is up to you, it doesn'tย reallyย make much of a difference (I reckon most people who are active in the picture threads check both threads for new posts anyway).ย 

ย  [...] Well, there's no proper rule against it, although a great many people frown on the practice (it feels attention-seeking-y; if you post both pics at more or less the same time, it'll just be two threads after each other in the list with the same content).

Thank you, that puts things into perspective. From an outside glance, they looked identical to me. Yet the information about there having been some forum battlegrounds makes it clear how things became the way they are.

As for the double posting, agreed. It does make for occasional moments of dรฉjร  vu.

@Marianne LittleThank you as well for pointing me to the challenge forum. I managed to miss that and I'll be sure to poke around at some point soon.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

I will continue to post in this thread and ignore the other one.ย  The other thread is just weird because it was started as a bizarre popularity grab by its OP and their attempt to control that thread's content with their rule of no quoting other posts, no banter, and whatnot.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

Posting in both seems kinda - yeah no to me.

My personal view on posting in multiple picture threads is "not the exact same picture".ย 

Use one with a different pose or angle or windlight or something.ย  Just so people looking in multiple picture threads actually see different content.ย 

Overall, the person willย get just as many likes, if not more, from their photo shoot,ย because people that think like I do will then Like all the various versions that they see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The new Doux hair is super cute! Oh, and I changed my look AGAIN, because why not?ย ๐Ÿ˜‰ย After trying nearly all of the mesh heads, and playing with different looks, I believe I finally created a look Im satisfied with. At least for nowย ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃpp1_022.thumb.png.c07cce983d8d7489ae228257ca92b3bc.png

• Like 23
On 1/6/2021 at 3:44 PM, Amanda Dallin said:

I'm not sure which of my new uniforms I like better.ย 

50805932882_f8518d5622_h.jpg

ย 

This is at the Continental Navy fortress in Pirates Destinyย  That's the CNS Trebuchet behind me.ย  I sail her a lot.ย 

They are both nice, but love the first one.

54 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Frisky Friday xD

ย  ย But, but .. It's Thursday!

Professional Killer

ย  ย Tragically yours,
obey and submit to me.
I will find you
wherever you hide,
got a thrill for the hunt,
a skilled criminal mind.

ย  ย So calm,
tracking your every move.
Unrelenting my conscience clear
beyond a shadow of a doubt
a force to be feared.

ย  ย Professional Killer - KMFDM

• Like 23
55 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Friday!

Friday... finally

ย 

Marianne, you've really upped your game in terms of your photos recently. These are really wonderful. And your avi is kinda stunning. I'm all admiration.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Marianne, you've really upped your game in terms of your photos recently. These are really wonderful. And your avi is kinda stunning. I'm all admiration.

Aw, thank you. โค๏ธย I have no Linden home to decorate now, so I take pictures of myself.ย 

• Like 2