How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

11 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

is odd that you liked this place 😎

I've seen that church in other builds, but they didn't have the headstone. 

12 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I need to find the lm when I'm inworld but I'm sure that you'll find by yourself

Found it! Neph nipped over to have a looksee, but I'll have to eat before I figure out what to shoot! ^_^

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I've seen that church in other builds, but they didn't have the headstone. 

Found it! Neph nipped over to have a looksee, but I'll have to eat before I figure out what to shoot! ^_^

smart guy...I've reply just now with the blog of LL 😂

I'm sure you'll find a lot of scenic spots

the headstone is mine 😎

I "own" a photographic studio in that land

Edited by manoji Yachvili

12 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I'm sure that you'll found other interesting poses

I make my own! :P

But thanks, I may have to grab that.

PS: forgot which thread this was, so, seeelfiiie!

Snapshot_111.thumb.png.570cd87c42f732591599991b73be9050.png

Edited by Orwar
*Dives back to the topic*
  • Like 15

On 12/2/2020 at 9:30 AM, Orwar said:

It's always better to put a few moments extra into the setup, rather than the many, many moments of correcting things in editing. But some things, like exposure and saturation, are generally finalised in editing. Lighting in SL is tricky, whether you work with windlights or with local lights.

The colour intensity and lighting are very important for setting the mood though, along with the colour balance. I tend to reduce the saturation more often than I increase it, and I tend to use a cold pallet, and darker shading (occasionally contrasted with more intense highlights) - and that's all deliberate. I'm at home in darkness, just look at how uncomfortable Neph looks when I put her in a warm, bright scene (which even then has been desaturated a little).

Gardens of Eterea

She feels out of place, both in her appearance, her pallet, and her expression. I told myself I had to go somewhere and do a shot that had more of a backdrop than the abysmal darkness of a sky entirely void of light, and Neph ended up reflecting how I felt in that environment. 

Home

We're much more at home in a chillier, darker environment. Which didn't even require any much desaturation, as the only colours in sight are Neph's skin and eyes.

SL photog is a drastically different environment than 3DSMAX , Poser, or Vue. We don't have the same kind of control over lighting. We can't just rezz lights wherever we want, unless we have the rights to do that in a particular place.Of course the camera controls in Firestorm are not as precise as in a dedicated 3D program, so that makes it more difficult. My photog in SL is "action as it happens", as opposed to posed, so that adds a much higher degree of difficulty for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bagnu said:

We can't just rezz lights wherever we want, unless we have the rights to do that in a particular place.

We can. But I shan't advertise how here, because Dakota frightens me.

3 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Of course the camera controls in Firestorm are not as precise as in a dedicated 3D program, so that makes it more difficult.

I just wrote a tutorial on camera controls earlier in the week. We do have a lot of control, though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

We can. But I shan't advertise how here, because Dakota frightens me.

I just wrote a tutorial on camera controls earlier in the week. We do have a lot of control, though!

Then please PM me about the lights, or meet me inworld. I'm on now.