How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

9 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I just like how (as long as you have an umbrella in inventory) you're never without it when an unexpected rainfall occurs, unlike in RL when I realize I don't have an umbrella in the trunk of the car anymore because the last time I used it to go into the house, I left it in the house.

I keep a couple in the back seat of both cars and I keep one in the backpack that I carry to/from work.  When I usually get stuck without one is when I go into the grocery store and come out to find it raining.  This time of year, when we always have the chance of scattered afternoon showers, I've gotten to where I leave one into my grocery bag holder so it is with me if I stop at the store on the way home from work.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I would love to have rain in SL that happens anywhere, randomly, that doesn't fall through my house. Rain that makes my clothes and hair wet if I stand in it. Rain that I can watch from a window in my house, warm and dry. Rain that torrents and pounds, splashes and drips, trickles and sprays.

While it's not exactly random, look into mesh and/or prim rain, which comprises animated textures on phantom prims. I picked up some of it several years back (I can't remember who it was by, but it was an entire weather system with rain and snow) and I use it all the time for effect. An added bonus of it is that you can rez it where you want and edit the prims/mesh so that it doesn't enter your house. (Disadvantage, though: it can make things difficult to select if you need to cam in or through it.)

Some of my favourite rain in SL was done this way, at an old MadPea event. I took a pic of myself and Daros standing in it ("I thought it was your turn to bring the umbrella!") because we just stood there for ages, marvelling at it:

8387560442_969e7e28c9_b.jpg

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I would love to have rain in SL that happens anywhere, randomly, that doesn't fall through my house. Rain that makes my clothes and hair wet if I stand in it. Rain that I can watch from a window in my house, warm and dry. Rain that torrents and pounds, splashes and drips, trickles and sprays.

I love encountering rainy areas in SL - likely because I truly love rain storms.  I don't care whether or not there is any thunder & lightning (which is what my husband loves).  I just love the sound and smell of rain - well, not so much the smell in certain places or when we have a close by Colorado wildfire going.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Important safety tip, do not lick katanas, it corrodes the steel and can cause serious accidental 'body modification'...

Don't worry, we are professionals we know how to properly clean the equipment and use it safely.

Oh and while we are on the subject of being a professional

7.18room_001.png

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, angeoco said:

Whenever I'm feeling in need of a boost I like to put together a new outfit from collected freebies. Here is today's effort.

Snapshot_001.jpg

Me too! Although it's usually due to a gacha binge. *hides from Rhonda*

This is a great look, a modern twist to a retro style.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

*dreams wistfully* "Someday I'll have a picture worthy enough of a marvelous Maddy make-over." *sighs*

Like this?

596b.jpg.9f23f1e05e4df8841614a5f77404e01c.jpg

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

Me too! Although it's usually due to a gacha binge. *hides from Rhonda*

We have an arrangement.  You go find something worth having and bring it to me. I'll pay your gacha addiction if it means I get to avoid the headaches :)

• Like 8