Where do you live in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It seemed to me that he'd created worlds he himself wasn't able to fully comprehend.

This may be the common denominator of all great artists, their work transcends even their own comprehension.

Edited by Talligurl
a typo, there is always a typo.
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

This may be the common denominator of all great artists, their work transcends even their own comprehension.

I don't know about that, I've seen and met lots of creators of all kinds both in SL and RL who didn't know what they were doing and I wouldn't necessarily call them artists because of that. :P

Perhaps more correct to say that great artists often know what they're doing so well they don't have to think about.

Edited by ChinRey
Typos
  • Like 1

Well it isn't a matter of knowing what you are doing, an artist is a craftsman who comprehends fully the craft he or she works in, but rather the meaning of the work, and what it says to the world. certainly some idiot who doesn't understand even the basics of the craft he is trying to perform is not an artist. It is as if the artist continually develops a more and more complex understanding of the art up to the limits of human comprehension, and then because the limit is reached, the artists comprehension levels off, but the work itself continues to soar beyond that point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Parhelion Palou said:

I've got a corner parcel on my own region. There's a house at ground level but my home location is a platform up high. The rest of the region is common space and parcels I'll eventually put up for rent.

Rockhopper.thumb.jpg.77954d668aba530dc954afc086c1c67e.jpg

Hither_20170503.thumb.jpg.99d39669684ae9096b385618e5e0862e.jpg

When you start renting parcels can I come live there? It's beautiful!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Parhelion Palou said:

I've got a corner parcel on my own region. There's a house at ground level but my home location is a platform up high. The rest of the region is common space and parcels I'll eventually put up for rent.

Rockhopper.thumb.jpg.77954d668aba530dc954afc086c1c67e.jpg

Hither_20170503.thumb.jpg.99d39669684ae9096b385618e5e0862e.jpg

Very beautiful! It makes me want to landscape.

• Like 1

Skye and I live in Kress on the Mainland, on a large sky platform that we share with several animated pets; two cheetahs, a house-cat, two foxes and a GIANT rabbit that I am still trying to get a saddle on (I'm originally from Oklahoma and a Rabbit Rodeo sounds like the ultimate flickr-opportunity).

Kitchen_007.png

When not at home or at some event (Skye DJ's, I Host and play at being a photographer) than I am SHOPPING at "the trifecta" of stores (Not saying which due to the advertising ban) or at one of the many shopping events.

giphy.gif

I also role-play at Asphyxiation Point, but that's just getting going for me.

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 4

I live on the private estate region of Aquincum. My home is currently more if a hangout than a house. It is my little playground where I love to landscape and decorate.

Cool_001.png.c494f016df99333de011b76e9eed8be8.png

I love guests so feel free to msg me if you would like a quick taxi for a visit  

Edited by seanabrady
Added Photo
  • Like 5

Since 2008, I've lived on a private island (Myrth) owned by a fellow Forum Cartelian, Derbor Torok.  The view of the sunset from the beach is what sold me on the place, and the beauty of the island keeps me there.

Sunset.png

I also have a small parcel in Bay City/Dennis - more of a public garden area, with a gazebo designed/built by Anthony. (yes it was my RL birthday a few weeks ago :) )

Gazebo in Dennis.png

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Like 5

On 5/4/2017 at 1:24 PM, Crap Mariner said:

In a park. With lots of trees. And bridges. And cats.

Good neighbors, too.

It's nice there.

You should take a walk through my property now. I put down a ton of new wandering kitties that just came out by Jian. Adorable Persians <3

Beware of the woof woofs. There's plenty of them also :D

• Like 6

Counting SL families? I have roughly six or seven places around SL where I can "set home to here".

But my main home is on the mainland where I started SL back in 2005 and have lived since 2011: Funadama.

Unfortunately I can't share pictures because I'm in the early stages of rebuilding/re-conceptualizing (ie deciding what I want to do with the space) there. In the next few days I'll probably end up returning everything and start doing something else. ;____;

I also have a couple of parcels in Neufreistadt which I'm holding on to in case of (financial) emergencies.

Edited by Han Held
  • Like 1

Virtual Ability has 3 residential sims (plus some others that aren't residential) and I manage one of those, Cape Able.  I've managed it since before Virtual Ability acquired it, in 2008.  We are 'geared' to people who are disabled in RL, but we're open to all.  We have an art gallery where disabled artists exhibit (I'm a facilitator, not an artist!), a service center for disabled, etc.  That's my main home.  I also maintain a parcel on Justitia, the SLBA (Second Life Bar Association) sim.  I'm on their executive board, so I keep a parcel there to support the sim.  I used to have a parcel on Whitesun, right near the Forum Cartel property.  It was my RL son's, and I held onto it while he decided if he was ever coming back to SL; He's not, so I sold it, just last year.

• Like 3

I mainly live on the build grid in a friend's sim and I have a little shop on the mainland. I tend to build or wander, so I've never really needed a house. I did have more land in the past, but I couldn't afford to keep it. That had a gallery and a chess garden and things, which I'd like to do again sometime if my finances improve. I'm more interested in making public spaces than having a private home.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.