Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

why the hell do people expect instant friendship from dropping a "hello" IM to people and having a blank profile ffs... I seriously don´t get it... they throw everything at you without exchanging a few words, to see if we click .... and then get bitchy when I say that it doesn´t do it for me... 

Like I´d instantly know what every effin person wants from me when they say hi - I really seem to attract idiots recently... damn...  do they run around in RL "hey... are we friends now?" - damn that could get you KILLED in some places....*rolls eyes and sighs heavily*

But yeah I deeply regret posting in some threads....damn I gotta be more considerate of what folks is lurking there again...

Guess I´ll stick to the Cartel-people-filled threads XD you´re my kind of people^^

52 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

why the hell do people expect instant friendship from dropping a "hello" IM to people and having a blank profile ffs...

My profile:

profile.png.87bf08c9a607423739e3801d0e0275bb.png

Guess how many times a week I get a friendship offer out of the blue from someone I've helped in Catwa chat?

No, I will not be your personal, on-call CSR, damn it! ¬¬

1 hour ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

why the hell do people expect instant friendship from dropping a "hello" IM to people and having a blank profile ffs... I seriously don´t get it... they throw everything at you without exchanging a few words, to see if we click .... and then get bitchy when I say that it doesn´t do it for me... 

Like I´d instantly know what every effin person wants from me when they say hi - I really seem to attract idiots recently... damn...  do they run around in RL "hey... are we friends now?" - damn that could get you KILLED in some places....*rolls eyes and sighs heavily*

But yeah I deeply regret posting in some threads....damn I gotta be more considerate of what folks is lurking there again...

Guess I´ll stick to the Cartel-people-filled threads XD you´re my kind of people^^

35 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

My profile:

Guess how many times a week I get a friendship offer out of the blue from someone I've helped in Catwa chat?

Hai! =~.^=

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

My profile:

/me considers spamming Skell with Friendship offers from all alt accounts   ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

My profile:

ohhh I happened to take a shy peak at your profile before ^^ and I think I´d never have the nerve to request anyways ... *blushes* but yeah I bet you´re a good swimmer being flooded with them

9 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Hai! =~.^=

bad kitty^^

8 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Uh-oh...

/me readies the lint roller... :P

XD thanks for making my day...needed that badly

• Like 2

I just found out that LL officially (and quietly) gave up on the idea of SL for Oculus Rift way back when they announced beta release of Sansar. Guess I shoulda figured it out, but I'm kinda disappointed. 

I tried Sansar on the PC - meh. I know its been discussed to death so I wont go into specifics. 

I bought Oculus Go. Its awesome, amazing, incredible, for only $200, blahblah ... and a purchase I regret.  After a couplea days it feels like 'been there, done that'.  I've felt my stomach lurch on a few impossible coasters, come face to face with deep sea fish, watched short little videos, been drooled on by T.Rex ... now what?  The socialization aspects are bland and cartoonish.  Yeah, "my house" is 3-D but it looks like the stuff I found on SL in 2004 and there is nothing that can approach Calas Galadhon (for example) in terms of dynamic immersion, emphasis on 'dynamic'.  The things I can see may possess a bit more positional depth but thhey aren't any prettier and they're far more emotionally shallow IMO.  In any social space I can find (there are a selection of completely unrelated/unconnected choices) the avatars look like Weebles, the movement and interaction is clunky at best, and there is no ... connection.  There is no mainland to travel, there is no "IM the creator of this if you have a question".  If I could just hold down a damned button to walk that'd be nice.  Instead I have to stroke the touchpad with my thumb for each small movement (in clumsy intervals).  What I recall from Sansar on the PC it seemed marginally more fluid that any social space I've found on Go yet. If Sansar becomes accessible on Go I'll have a look, but not very optimistically. 

I don't like FPS games. If I did I might be enjoying Oculus Go.   I can use Go to access Netflix and  *shudder* Facebook... with less alacrity than on my PC ... but hey, I do it in total darkness and turn my head to see stuff at my virtual sides! !  *yawn*.  If the content had any depth I wouldn't give a damn whats at my virtual side.  Some of the UI elements I first encountered on Sansar are found here, which kinda explains their origins and presence on Sansar I suppose.  

More style-over-substance. I feel stupid for having spent $200 for a coaster ride and some dinosaur spit. 

09-oculus-go.jpg

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

Arrrrr!  Wednesday next (19 September) be Talk Like a Pirate Day!

What say you to hoisting a tankard or three at the Hangout?  6 pm SLT?

Wednesdays are my dance night out in RL, though I'll check to see if anyone is still there when I get back home and log in that night.  I'll toast everyone when I drink my wine while I'm out.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.