• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once upon a time there was a completely unmoderated forum.  A young woman asked a question (something about how to get a link to an indivual post I think but I am probably wrong and it doesn't matter

It had to be done.

Beautiful ceremony at the Hangout

Posted Images

Maddy mentioned her favorite illustrated childhood book in a thread I got bored with after Patch stopped posting.

Here's mine:

251900c35e73f0f8d2f70dc0e92cf7aa.jpg

I still have it out on my bookshelf. You can tell a lot about a person by what's on their shelves, almost as much as digging through their garbage.

=<.<=

=>.>=

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Maddy mentioned her favorite illustrated childhood book in a thread I got bored with after Patch stopped posting.

Here's mine:

251900c35e73f0f8d2f70dc0e92cf7aa.jpg

I still have it out on my bookshelf. You can tell a lot about a person by what's on their shelves, almost as much as digging through their garbage.

=<.<=

=>.>=

I haven't read that specific one, but Mercer Mayer's 'Little Critter' books are among my top favorites for reading to kids (when they were little) and now to grandkids.  Maybe I'll need to pick this one up. 

Edited by moirakathleen
  • Like 2

My favorite childhood book ....

9780394464350-uk.jpg

We did not have any children's books growing up.  The Sunday comics are the closest I had.

The first few books I remember reading were in Middle School; I was in to Ray Bradbury's short story books like R Is For Rocket and S Is For Space.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Alice in Wonderland? Alice’s Restaurant? Alice the TV show? “Ask Alice” from “White Rabbit”?

According to Wikipedia: In chapter 7 of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, the Dormouse tells a story of Elsie, Lacie, and Tillie living at the bottom of a well, which confuses Alice, who interrupts to ask what they ate for sustenance. "The Dormouse again took a minute or two to think about it, and then said, 'It was a treacle-well.'" This is an allusion to the so-called "treacle well", the curative St. Frideswide's Well at Binsey, Oxfordshire.

http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/resources/chapters-script/alices-adventures-in-wonderland/chapter-7/

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2