Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

Maddy mentioned her favorite illustrated childhood book in a thread I got bored with after Patch stopped posting.

Here's mine:

251900c35e73f0f8d2f70dc0e92cf7aa.jpg

I still have it out on my bookshelf. You can tell a lot about a person by what's on their shelves, almost as much as digging through their garbage.

=<.<=

=>.>=

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Maddy mentioned her favorite illustrated childhood book in a thread I got bored with after Patch stopped posting.

Here's mine:

251900c35e73f0f8d2f70dc0e92cf7aa.jpg

I still have it out on my bookshelf. You can tell a lot about a person by what's on their shelves, almost as much as digging through their garbage.

=<.<=

=>.>=

I haven't read that specific one, but Mercer Mayer's 'Little Critter' books are among my top favorites for reading to kids (when they were little) and now to grandkids.  Maybe I'll need to pick this one up. 

Edited by moirakathleen
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Alice in Wonderland? Alice’s Restaurant? Alice the TV show? “Ask Alice” from “White Rabbit”?

According to Wikipedia: In chapter 7 of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, the Dormouse tells a story of Elsie, Lacie, and Tillie living at the bottom of a well, which confuses Alice, who interrupts to ask what they ate for sustenance. "The Dormouse again took a minute or two to think about it, and then said, 'It was a treacle-well.'" This is an allusion to the so-called "treacle well", the curative St. Frideswide's Well at Binsey, Oxfordshire.

http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/resources/chapters-script/alices-adventures-in-wonderland/chapter-7/

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You know, since you can get almost anything you want at Alice’s Restaurant, I bet they serve treacle.

But if it had been Alice's Restaurant the word would have been massacree