Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

On 9/10/2018 at 4:21 PM, Akasha Sternberg said:

why the hell do people expect instant friendship from dropping a "hello" IM to people?

Do they run around in RL "hey... are we friends now?" - damn that could get you KILLED in some places....*rolls eyes and sighs heavily*

I think the friends list means different things to different people, it is often just a way of finding someone again you talked to that you might want to talk to again. I know for me i use it as  a mailing list for my art business, so I always accept friend requests no matter what. That person is  going to get a notecard from me  next time I have an art show opening, and if they don't like that and ask that i don't  do  that again,  I apologize and promise never to do it again and then take them off the list.

And speaking of notecards sent out to my friends, Thanks  to  all of  you who stopped by my gallery to   click the rate button on the gallery tour kiosk. I now pop  up  first when you click the Hot    This Week   button on the webpage

gallery page.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'll go a step further. I love it when I stay home and everyone else goes away.

^^ This.  As much as I love my husband, I love the solitude and time to myself when he is out for a happy hour with the guys or off to visit his son for the weekend and I have the house all to myself for a while.

• Like 9

Today is one of the few days that I wish I had active Twitter and Instagram accounts with gazilions of followers so that I could post pictures of the damage UPS did to a box and cause a social media sh*tstorm. UPS is claiming that the damage is solely because of inadequate packaging. Yet, despite the box being labeled "Fragile Glass Handle With Care" on multiple sides, the box still has two large puncture gouges.  I didn't realize that "proper packaging" meant it had to survive having a forklift driven directly into it.

• Sad 6

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today is one of the few days that I wish I had active Twitter and Instagram accounts with gazilions of followers so that I could post pictures of the damage UPS did to a box and cause a social media sh*tstorm. UPS is claiming that the damage is solely because of inadequate packaging. Yet, despite the box being labeled "Fragile Glass Handle With Care" on multiple sides, the box still has two large puncture gouges.  I didn't realize that "proper packaging" meant it had to survive having a forklift driven directly into it.

LOL yeah, they sometimes do stuff like that... :/ how much did they destroy?

39 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

LOL yeah, they sometimes do stuff like that... :/ how much did they destroy?

A large picture.  The glass shattered and cut into the picture - not all the way through but enough to ruin it.  The picture cost us quite a bit and I insured it with UPS for that amount, but I bet I get nothing from them because of "inadequate packaging" - or so they claim.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A large picture.  The glass shattered and cut into the picture - not all the way through but enough to ruin it.  The picture cost us quite a bit and I insured it with UPS for that amount, but I bet I get nothing from them because of "inadequate packaging" - or so they claim.

Next time have it packed in a steel box. Half inch thick steel should do it. With luck it'll break the forklift (insurance won't pay because the forklift wasn't rated for steel boxes).

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If they accepted it - and insured it - it would seem to me that would imply the packaging was adequate.