Jump to content
Maureen Boccaccio

Just Ignore and let this one die

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

If they accepted it - and insured it - it would seem to me that would imply the packaging was adequate. 

Apparently, just picking it up for shipping does not imply that they approve of the packing.  There website is even vague about it:  "Use adequate cushioning material".   Talk about subjective.  The picture was not moving around in the box, it had thick styrofoam corner and edge covers, and there was bubble wrap on top of the glass itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been sick all weekend and just now able to sip a little ice water.  I'm feeling rough but the painful part is over.

So I wanted to text Clover and whine a little about needing her attention. My phone had some interesting guesses for what I wanted.

Screenshot_a.thumb.jpg.854603a6f52dee2c3dd8ea1e141f78f0.jpg

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I have been sick all weekend and just now able to sip a little ice water.  I'm feeling rough but the painful part is over.

So I wanted to text Clover and whine a little about needing her attention. My phone had some interesting guesses for what I wanted.

Screenshot_a.thumb.jpg.854603a6f52dee2c3dd8ea1e141f78f0.jpg

 

*puts on her nurse outfit* I'll be right over!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

time to laugh at the weird girl:

I deleted all the Hair Fair Demos cos... I was done with them.... and I double checked both inventory and trash...then added the 5 remaining demos  - cleared trash...and my Furniture and freebies were gone... well EFF!!!! I´ve regained a couple of things trhough caspervend redelivery and will hit some of the stores that I remember... aaaaaaaaaaaaaand of course I filed a ticket with any information that could be helpful just in case... but I don´t really know ´how helpful that is.... 

I´m surprisingly calm though....at least I don´t have to sort and clean that part... but still MY STUFF ;-; 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Raindrop Drinkwater said:

Oh no, Akasha! That really bites. I hope you'll manage to get all your stuff back. ?

tell me about it... so do I... ffsI wanted to peek into decor blogging XD hmmm... I could do a fundraiser *laughs* 

Edited by Akasha Sternberg
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SL is having fun today. Teleported home from an event and landed minus everything except my head, ears, hair, eyes, and hands. Refreshed attachments but nothing came back. Couldn't re-add anything either. Relogged and was only missing my pants after that. Added them back, went to another event, picked up demos, teleported home...

...aaaand I was missing everything again. In the end I just took everything off and went around to pick up all the demos I wanted with just a full alpha on.

I'd wondered why the very few people on my contacts list kept logging off and on, off and on, off and on tonight. Now I know why. ¬¬

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Hey! Shopping in Alpha mode is a great idea..............?

It's the only way to do it when events are crowded.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 3:57 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's the only way to do it when events are crowded.  

I like to go full alpha with a mesh bikini or corset on Monthly Midnight Madness runs.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just like the cloak from Harry Potter!!!!!  Disable the name tag and you can move around in peace and quiet!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 3:48 PM, Skell Dagger said:

aaaand I was missing everything again. In the end I just took everything off and went around to pick up all the demos I wanted with just a full alpha on.

Zomg!!1! Nakey imvizbul man! Woot!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

It's just like the cloak from Harry Potter!!!!!  Disable the name tag and you can move around in peace and quiet!!!

Has something changed? One of the things we could not do was turn off our own name tags. We can turn them off when taking pictures (in some viewers, anyway) and we can choose whether or not to see OTHER people's name tags, but we never used to be able to mask our own. Has that changed?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it might have. Nova's was off at the breakfast club when she disabled everyone else's (for her). I tried it later and my tag disappeared, so maybe it's changed..........

Edited by BelindaN
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Has something changed? One of the things we could not do was turn off our own name tags. We can turn them off when taking pictures (in some viewers, anyway) and we can choose whether or not to see OTHER people's name tags, but we never used to be able to mask our own. Has that changed?

You can disable seeing your own name tag, and you can disabling seeing other's tags. I don't think you can prevent others from seeing your name tag, or your green dot on the map. That seams reasonable. If you were able to go invisible and hide your name tag from others, how would anyone know who to AR? That would be griefer's heaven.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You can disable seeing your own name tag, and you can disabling seeing other's tags. I don't think you can prevent others from seeing your name tag, or your green dot on the map. That seams reasonable. If you were able to go invisible and hide your name tag from others, how would anyone know who to AR? That would be griefer's heaven.

So it's still not possible to 'hide' your own name tag. That's what I'd thought, for the same reasons you suggest. Although in your case it wouldn't help a bit: the slowly fading ember trail is a sure sign that Maddy was here ;-).

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

So it's still not possible to 'hide' your own name tag. That's what I'd thought, for the same reasons you suggest. Although in your case it wouldn't help a bit: the slowly fading ember trail is a sure sign that Maddy was here ;-).

Think I’ve seen people do it by putting their avatar underground, etc. Was years ago..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...