Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm never sure what I can do out *there* when it comes to talking about third party products, so I'll post this here cuz I can probably get away with it here.

I heard about BrightCanopy (in some post out there), which uses the Fra.me backend, to let you run SL in a browser (using either the SL viewer or Firestorm).  I was interested in checking in out because I'm leaving town tomorrow and will be gone until the 26th.  However,  there are a few advent gifts that I really, really want to be able to pick up and they are ones that are only available on the day - can't get old ones, even for a price.  Also, a couple of my groups plan on putting out a special gift on Christmas day, but they will only be available that day.

I must say, I was quite impressed with it - things only rezzing a tiny bit slower than normal for me (5-10 seconds rather than 1-5 seconds).  Granted, my first couple of sessions were on my home wired internet, so it will be interesting to see how it performs when I'm dealing with hotel wireless.

Anyway, I thought I'd toss it out to the folks in case there are others here that are just as addicted to some aspects of their SL.  It costs $17 per month and that includes 10 hours of inworld time, billed in minimum increments of 30 minutes.  After that it is $0.90 per half hour - so you probably don't want to be doing marathon SL sessions.  For me, the $17 is worth it for the 6 days that I'll be using it - a mini Christmas present to myself.  I have noted my advent list for those that I consider 'must haves' vs the 'nice to get' so that I can use my time wisely when I'm on vacation.  I'll cancel it after I get back and then just re-activate in the future if I want to use it again on another vacation - unlikely to happen very often.   It is one of those things that must actively be cancelled or it will auto-renew at the end of the month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

image.png.77a0d104e3fd9da37906013360fbd2b8.png

Thanks Maddy,

I checked with Santa Claus and you are on the "Nice" list (barely)!  But, he said that the 65 Mustang that you want for Christmas is out of the question.  He does have and 87 Yugo in stock that you can have, however.

rimage.png.809331ec7efe589711f9742ee48f7e22.png

37 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

What? Why?

I don't care what list I'm on, so long as I'm on a list.

Happy Friday, Kids!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Currently: baking cinnamon rolls in the oven (RL). Hubby and I already opened presents yesterday because he INSISTED that he needed time to play with his new toys before he had to go back to work, so I guess it only makes sense that we have cinnamon rolls this morning instead of Christmas Day. *rolls eyes*

I'm still making Christmas dinner ON Christmas though, damnit. 

Happy Friday!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

I checked with Santa Claus and you are on the "Nice" list (barely)!  But, he said that the 65 Mustang that you want for Christmas is out of the question.  He does have and 87 Yugo in stock that you can have, however.

image.png.809331ec7efe589711f9742ee48f7e22.png

...happily takes the Yugo and trades it for a Peel P50...

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 12:26 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

...happily takes the Yugo and trades it for a Peel P50...

I LOVE this car! Among other things the handling appears to be in the same class as some fabulously expensive sports cars. I believe the Stanley Steamer, for example,  had a cornering stance quite like that.

Stanley Steamer.PNG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.