Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It was only 12 degrees out when I pulled into my work parking lot this morning, which had me wanting some hot cocoa.  Do you know how hard it is to find good cocoa without any of that whipped cream or marshmallow crap in it - geez.  Anyway, I also brought along a cup of strong black coffee for Rhonda and a nice mug of root beer for Maddy.

And today it was 42 degrees when I got to work, which is warmer than our high from yesterday.

Eeeek - and I just read that there is snow in Houston. 

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And today it was 42 degrees when I got to work, which is warmer than our high from yesterday.

Eeeek - and I just read that there is snow in Houston. 

Yeah my mom got snow too. She is north of Houston and east of us. I need to call her and make sure she doesn't have to go anywhere today.

There have been days over the years when I'd just say "Screw it" and grab that thing, especially if it was a mug instead of that cup. I might or might not be restrained enough to wear an oven mitt if one was available. Coffee is for NOW; burns will eventually heal.

Sometimes the caffeine is just a 'gotta have it' deal, and when that happens you just do what you have to do.

• Haha 3

On 12/4/2017 at 7:37 PM, Hippie Bowman said:

Hi Everyone!  I am having a Spaceship sale and concert to help raise funds for my dear friend tsawke'syulang (Kathi1974) http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lagrange%20Point/154/142/23She has breast cancer and is in need of funds to put fuel in her car to get her to where the treatment is done. I have put out several Spaceships that you can purchase this week and then at 4 PM Slt on Friday the 8th I will sing for Kathi. I hope you can help out this sweet lady.

Peace!

Kathi.png

Good morning all!  Happy Saturday!  We raised 17900L$ for Kathi.  Thank you all for your help!

Enjoy this animation!

Peace!

Edited by Hippie Bowman
  • Like 6

I clicked on an advent calendar last night and got this message:  "Christmas Advent Calendar: Sorry, today's gift limit has been reached."

I'm pretty sure that is the first time, in all my SL years, that I've seen a limit put on an advent calendar.  I've seen limits put on various gifts and 'exclusive' purchases, but never an "Advent calendar".  That just seems so wrong, cheap, and definitely not in keeping with the Christmas spirit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I clicked on an advent calendar last night and got this message:  "Christmas Advent Calendar: Sorry, today's gift limit has been reached."

I'm pretty sure that is the first time, in all my SL years, that I've seen a limit put on an advent calendar.  I've seen limits put on various gifts and 'exclusive' purchases, but never an "Advent calendar".  That just seems so wrong, cheap, and definitely not in keeping with the Christmas spirit.

The only Advent calendar limit I've ever encountered was as a child when emptying the 25th chocolate compartment on Dec 4th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmm, 24-25 chocolate candies - a late Friday night with a bottle of wine and the whole batch would be gone.

:ph34r:

I was thinking I might be able to exercise a tiny bit of self-restraint...  but it I had a pot of good coffee to go along with the chocolates...   

• Like 3

Good morning all!  There will be an emergency breakfast today.  Nova will reach out in the groups to you.  I am working!  Ugh.  Well Happy Sunday anyway!  As Dillon said.  "Grab that mug!  Gota have that caffeine!"  BTW, I have the frozen lake ready for all of you at the spaceport.  http://secondlife.com/destination/lagrange-point-spaceport-2  Do come out enjoy winter in the comfort of your home!

Peace!

Winter 2017 Lagrange.png

For those of you that like shooting things for prizes (combat / role play / gaming / whatever  B| ), I just saw a notice about a snowman shoot-em event at Section 31.  Apparently you have to kill 200 snowmen and then defeat their Queen and you get a bunch of prizes.  You can do it with a free snowball thrower or buy more advanced weapons. Not my cup of tea, but it sounded like something a few people here might enjoy.  Here's the SLURL:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Polentina/32/122/3132

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.