How can I be a cool forum-er?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ihatedumbpeople wrote:

Im just looking at ways to improve my life and thought why not become a cool forumer.   I noticed some people who post in the general section are extreme cool and wonder if you can provide me some tips on what steps I should take to be more like you and fit in
:)

One person's cool is another person's dumbass. Whoever the people are that you think are cool, you're probably already very much like them. Everyone finds their own level, in work, in social life, and in SL.

You should first get yourself a die and roll it every time you read a post that you want to reply to. If you roll a one, you reply with a genuinely helpful answer. If you roll a two, you don't post a reply at all. If you roll a three, you should troll and try to derail the entire thread. If you roll a four, you begin flaming. If you roll a five, you blame Linden Labs. If you roll a six, you post a youtube video/photo meme.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

if you are a cool person, just keep being yourself here or wherever you go :smileywink:

I don't think you understood the question. People ask how to be cool because they're not cool. Being theirself just isn't working. They need to be somebody better.

Randall Ahren wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

if you are a cool person, just keep being yourself here or wherever you go :smileywink:

I don't think you understood the question. People ask how to be cool because they're not cool. Being theirself just isn't working. They need to be somebody better.

heheheheh indeed.. in this case the question itself doesnt make sense for me lol

i was more meaning "first start being a cool person, then just be yourself everywhere you go" lol:smileywink:

imho there are no reciepe for being a cool person in a specific place if ones are not cool person everywhere already.

I don't think I've ever met anyone cool who hasn't done something dumb and therefore understands the futility (and perhaps the questionable morality) of hating dumb people. If you are speaking of dumb as an intellectual deficiency, I think compassion would be appropriate. If you are speaking of ignorance, wouldn't it be more productive to reduce their number by educating them? And like me, how do you know you aren't one of them?

As for being "more like" others., we're a widely varied bunch. If you were more like all of us, you wouldn't be like any of us.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

heheheheh indeed.. in this case the question itself doesnt make sense for me lol

i was more meaning "first start being a cool person, then just be yourself everywhere you go" lol:smileywink:

imho there are no reciepe for being a cool person in a specific place if ones are not cool person everywhere already.

The OP is already cool. He just doesn't know it. He only needs to let the coolness out. Is that what you meant?

@Ceka, that's just annoying.

Randall Ahren wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

The OP is already cool. He just doesn't know it. He only needs to let the coolness out. Is that what you meant?

hum no... i dont know the OP, how could i know if hes already cool or not ? 

i was just meaning that there are no reciepes for being cool somewhere if you are not cool everywhere...

well... forgive me... i guess my english is not good enough for i can be understood. :smileyfrustrated:

Don't try to be cool, do cool things. Help out, and thank people when they help you. Don't spam, flame or troll. Return to your posts now and then to see how they're doing, and encourage them along.

Be yourself, and don't take anyone else's word for what's cool (including mine).

Randall Ahren wrote:

@Ceka, that's just annoying.

minus 4 intranet points for thinking i was a serious..hehehehe

you do realise the OP is trolling?

In forums, in SL, in RL and anyplace you have a life, you should strive to be your own person. Not part of some clique, not part of the "cool" crowd etc...

Masybe it is just me but with my friends, I prefer a few quality ones rather than being in some large circle as just another face. None of my RL friends even know each other.

On this forum, I am nobody and that is OK cause besides not being here much, I know that if I aggravate someone, it is not like the gang of cool kids are gonna shun me, and so what if they do?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.