Sign in to follow this  
Ihatedumbpeople

How can I be a cool forum-er?

Im just looking at ways to improve my life and thought why not become a cool forumer.   I noticed some people who post in the general section are extreme cool and wonder if you can provide me some tips on what steps I should take to be more like you and fit in :)

Ihatedumbpeople wrote:

I noticed some people who post in the general section are extreme cool and wonder if you can provide me some tips on what steps I should take to be more like you and fit in
:)

Keep taking the longest walk off of the shortest plank ... :robotindifferent:

ETA : Tip # 2

suckyourselfcool.jpg

Ihatedumbpeople wrote:

Im just looking at ways to improve my life and thought why not become a cool forumer.   I noticed some people who post in the general section are extreme cool and wonder if you can provide me some tips on what steps I should take to be more like you and fit in

Get an awesomel awesome hat.....

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

EDITED: Obviously, I can't spell....

Ihatedumbpeople wrote:

Im just looking at ways to improve my life and thought why not become a cool forumer.   I noticed some people who post in the general section are extreme cool and wonder if you can provide me some tips on what steps I should take to be more like you and fit in

Step 1: Don't hide behind an alt to post.

Just have fun, be yourself, try not to get sucked into flame wars and post on things you have some feeling about/passion for/knowledge about.

Welcome to the forums!

just relax, say what you think, and in no time you will be flowing with posts like everyone else, sometimes you will make mistakes, but dont let that discourage you, take it as a learning lesson and just continue, many of us came and stayed this way, after a while someone will think that you are the most exremely cool poster there is, or who knows? maybe someone already thinks you are.

omg that picture made me laugh so hard..my nephews  loved that show..

i ended up having to buy them those survival knives  and everything..

but when i seen him drink something i'm not gonna say what it was..

that picture just triggered all that stuff..

i was always telling my nephews..don't you dare go and try that  stuff!!

just always bring more water than you need!!

Ihatedumbpeople wrote:

Every day you must hang upside down for ten minutes. Not nine, and not eleven.

Every day you must sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic at top volume while holding your nose.

You have to have heard of Huey Lewis and the News.

And of course you have to know the password to the secret clubhouse. 

Then and only then can  you be a cool forumer.

Or did you mean to learn how to fill out government forms in triplicate? If so then that has its own set of criteria. But first, please join the line to the left.

Melita Magic wrote:

Or did you mean to learn how to fill out government forms in triplicate? If so then that has its own set of criteria. But first, please join the line to the left.

Not the line to the left!  That's the Group W line. No cool forum-ers in the Group W line.

I'm not sure how one unlocks the cool forum-er badge, but you can tell when you've achieved it: At that level, you accuse other posters of being Linden sockpuppets, or you are yourself accused of being a Linden sockpuppet, or both. 

As with orc-slaying, it's more fun than it sounds.

Post a video that is vaguely associated with the topic, or even something just said by another poster.  This will make you cool. 

Cool is in the eye of the beholder.

I may or may not be a "cool forumer" depending on who is asked, but I am myself, which is my best advice.

Melita Magic wrote:

Ihatedumbpeople wrote:

You have to have heard of Huey Lewis and the News.

Four Chords And Several Years Ago

(and perhaps Jay Leno's finest television moment, "Screw the commercial.............")

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I may or may not be a "cool forumer" depending on who is asked, but I am myself, which is my best advice.

idk if you are a cool forumer, Czari, but i can tell for sure that you are a cool friend :heart:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Don't be shy and just be yourself. Welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

(Your name made me giggle, btw!
:D
)

LOL - and I was tempted to say "Change your name for starters."

@OP - See? Never going to please everyone. :matte-motes-wink:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

idk if you are a cool forumer, Czari, but i can tell for sure that you are a cool friend :heart:

Awwww, that is so sweet, Trinity.  Personally I think you are the cool friend. :heart:  *HUGS*

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Awwww, that is so sweet, Trinity.  Personally I think you are the cool friend. :heart:  *HUGS*

lol, maybe after reading the thead about the banning you wont think same hahahhahha

You have already proved a degree of coolness by taking time to ask for advice.  I personally claim no coolness, but my advice is:

• Be yourself
  • Voice well thought out opinions (engage brain before fingers)
  • Realize everyone has a right to voice their opinions even if you disagree
  • If you disagree explain why, preferably with facts
  • If someone disagrees with you don't take it personally.  A good debate is fun.
  • When offering or disputing facts, especially on controversial subjects,  its good to provide links to back you up if available.  Even if its a well known fact some people may not know about it.
  • Don't confuse facts with opinions
  • Understand that no question is dumb or stupid if the poster doesn't know the answer.  We get a lot of newbs on here with no clue.
  • Answer posts asking for help - if you know the answer.  Also keep in mind that other people may read your answers for help with their situation that don't know much about the subject so answer accordingly.
  • If you have to use an alt to post something it probably shouldn't be posted.
  • Don't type in caps - its yelling.  Use bold, underlining, italics or different colors to emphasize something instead.
  • Use spell check because not only does it make you look smart but if someone quotes you and uses it they won't have to go through your entire quote to spell check their posts.