Jump to content

LillyBeth Filth

Resident
  • Content Count

    423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About LillyBeth Filth

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Madeliefste Oh wrote: They are just as meaningless as the five star review that say: "love it, 5 stars" "awesome" "wonderful" You have no idea what they like. That's a very good point! If I was to go off reviews, I would accept that a brief none positive review meant that the item was "as advertised" but if its a negative review that is brief and none descriptive it does seem to raise the question of "Why?" It's human nature that when we get something we paid for and we are satisfied we move on with out lives and rarely bother to leave a review If we are disappointed THEN we have an incentive to leave a negative review... whether that be to get the attention of the merchant or just to let off steam There is no incentive to leave a positive review which is why some merchants offer financial incentives if customers leave reviews but then it falls into the whole moral issue of how authentic those "positive" reviews are Perhaps if there was some kind of incentive to leave good or bad reviews not organised by the merchant but LL such as credit tokens to spend on the MP if they leave more than X amount of reviews.. I dunno.. but its a rare thing for any customer to take the time to leave a positive review without prodding or poking or merchant persuasion .. so when someone does I make a point of leaving a thank you comment
  2. I find customer reviews frustrating on the Marketplace as by and large, the majority of people don't tend to leave a positive review. If they're happy, they go on with their SL and the review is left blank. I have come to realise "no review" must mean they were satisfied with their purchase. Of course if they are unhappy, it's another story. So I thought I would contact a customer who had spent a considerable amount, just to say "thank you" and perhaps ask her if she was happy to leave a review. The response has put me off doing it again! lol -------------------------------------------------------------------- Liz Gallagher (LillyBeth Filth): Hi - Just noticed your purchases from TRU Texures . If you have any problems or questions feel free to contact me and if you can find time, could you leave a review...no one seems to bother :) [2014/10/10 07:12] NAME REMOVED: hi [2014/10/10 07:12] NAME REMOVED: so you noticed [2014/10/10 07:13] NAME REMOVED: maybe you noticed that i have purchased a lot ;) [2014/10/10 07:13] NAME REMOVED: might be a discount in the next time ;) [2014/10/10 07:39] Liz Gallagher (LillyBeth Filth): sure - EDIT ($200 lindens sent) [2014/10/10 07:39] Liz Gallagher (LillyBeth Filth): There you go :) many thanks for your continued custom x [2014/10/10 07:47] NAME REMOVED: thank you :) i will leave an review and i will recommend [2014/10/10 07:52] Liz Gallagher (LillyBeth Filth): :) ty ------------------------------------------------------------ As yet, still no review. lmao
  3. Was it for Sale or a freebie? Not that it matters in the case of IP and Copyright, distribution is distribution regardless of whether there is a price tag attached or whether its something that is made freely available for others to download etc. Many people who come into SL, myself included, learn about Copyright and IP and the vast majority learn the hard way. I think people are generally more Copyright aware today than we were back in 2006 - 2009. Back then, Copyright was just a word I saw on the back of a DVD. I know all there is to know about it now because i have to in order not to infringe someone elses work or identity. As I say, I learned the hard way and made assumption based on the fact that "Everyone else is doing it, why should'nt I?" The SL store I admired as a noob and who inspired me to set up my own texture store in 2005 was selling nothing BUT Googled images made seamless or with an alpha channel added, so I followed suit.. That store was a big deal back in the day, had a fantastic reputation for selling "good textures" and I wanted to be exactly the same so we follow the leaders. Things are different now as I say. I know better and big brand stores in SL know better. Gone are the days when you could **bleep** in a box and sell it in SL.
  4. Ela Talaj wrote: The "offensive" keyword is "pitch". Don't ask me why. Perhaps someone at the Lab is allergic to baseball. I have listed an arcade game named "PitchBall". Several weeks ago its maturity level was puzzlingly raised to Moderate due to keywords. there were only a few keywords there so I went by trial and error. As soon as I removed "pitch" as a keyword the rating was restored to General. Its bordering on insanity that we have to guess this list that someone deemed fit to make but not share. Pitch? Really? It's an absolute joke. The least they could do is when the page refreshes and it makes grades it "A" is highlight the words that triggered that grading and allow us to see and/or replace them. That way, we are actually learning what keywords are considered inappropriate, even if we don't agree or understand. I can tell you from watching people use my in world search terminals which are linked to my website, that the words people type when they are looking for something can be really quite bizarre. A typical example would be someone wanted red wallpaper, so they type "red" (?) I am not sure if people knew they can use more than one key word. Anyway, no search system is perfect but the MP borders on laughable when it comes to this Adult Mature and General classification...
  5. Pamela Galli wrote: LillyBeth Filth wrote: I am not the one with a bee in her bonnet... you started a whole thread on the subject and told people to shut up as you defend your opinion (As that's all it is) I certainly did not tell anyone to shut up! If you are going to make a claim like this, then quote it. Jacob Cagney told me to shut up. As you see, I have not shut up, and will continue to inform people who clearly are under the impression that there are developers busily working on the marketplace who are interested in suggestions on how to improve it, that we have zero evidence work is being done -- and my guess is that it will not be, unless policy changes. Marketplace, now the center of our economy, has been inexplicably cut loose, and is now adrift. Evidently some think I am just being mean for saying such awful things, and like you, have attacked me for doing so. But people need to know the reality of the situation, and LL has thus far declined to inform us either that they are working on anything marketplace related, or as seems to be the case, are not working on anything and will not be. But a look at Marketplace release notes shows the last one was July 2013. After that, nothing. Draw whatever conclusions you will from that; I take it as further evidence of my contention that LL is done with MP. What you see, however trivial many improvements might be to make, is what you get. Some people just really hate dealing with reality, and I get that, but for those who choose to believe in the absence of evidence that there is a team secretly and silently working on Marketplace improvements and fixes, (preparing as Perrie says to surprise us at Christmas!) here is my advice: "Deal with reality or reality will deal with you." jeeeez are we still banging on about this? Next!
  6. Jacob Cagney wrote: LillyBeth Filth wrote: I got one red flagged yesterday for "The item has been blocked due to Spam or Disallowed Listing Practices" it was a Medieval Ceiling Tile Material Set (Diffuse Specular Normal Maps) I have no idea what was wrong with the listing in all honesty. I can't even find the listing to relist it again and I can't be bothered trying to work out what piece of text was considered "Spam" so I just left it alone. I always assume its competitors doing this thing. I wouldn't imagine a customer would be bothered to flag it.. but a competitor would for sure. Relisting it would also get you into trouble if the item was blocked. Just look at the email that was sent to you and it will give you the information about the item. If you cannot figure it out, send in a support case. Sorry for the delay in replying. I cannot find it to relist so I haven't bothered. I did not know they "blocked" them but the email gave me nothing to go off other than "spam" Anyhooo it's really no biggy But thanks for your response.
  7. KennethTossbag wrote: I've just been offered a SL job for 20L per hour. Is this a typical SL rate and is it my worth my while doing it? I have only hired once and that lady is still with me 7 years on I didnt do it on an hourly rate because at the time I dont think there were clocking on clocking off devices or iif there was, I was comfortable asking her to use one. So I just offered a weekly amount. Sounds better when you round it up for X amount of hours. But then you have to understand "back then" everyone was making lots of money, SL was new and novel and people spent freely so wages were higher.. I think campers got paid better than 20L an hour back then.. Grim days..
  8. Coby Foden wrote: Drake1 Nightfire wrote: Please please please stop using symbols between the letters of DEMO when listing them. It's just a sneaky way to get around the NOT demo search. And it pisses people off. Yes, I'm totally pissed off. People use things like this: _demo_ demo DEMO DEMO1 IIDEMOII D+E+M+O 49demo D E M O cDEMO 56-DEMO 58-DEMO 60-DEMO dee.DEMO D*E*M*O jeansDEMO brooks.DEMO -D E M O- wells.DEMO ... and much more. This is just a small sample of the craziness going on. :smileyfrustrated: Okay... I have to admit I am not on top of things MarketPlace related I don't follow forums threads or read LL announcements etc... so I put my keywords as such: tree_textures, plant_textures, tree_branch_textures, - with the _ between the words as I was learned to do it that way by Google or some other key word type place... I am currently manually going through 3,000 listings on the marketplace as i just discovered they had all been dumped in the texture department (no sub categories) and there was no key words and the marketing display is soooo 2005 (I hired a scripter to add them all with software... it worked but didn't look great) So I would like to know what is the correct way to add key words, if the _ method is not correct. Many thanks
  9. Pamela Galli wrote: LillyBeth Filth wrote: Pamela Galli wrote: There have been dozens of threads about the demo problem. LL is not interested in fixing it. Pamela, we get the message! lol You don't have anything to gain by typing "LL are done with the MP" in almost every thread that involves the Marketplace. I understand you're frustrated and angry but the forums shouldn't be a form of therapy for your anger and trying to rouse others to feel as you do is not likely to work either. I too depend (partially) on SL for my RL bills too but there are some things I cannot control so I have to think of a work around because spending too much time in the forums venting is certainly not going to increase sales. Who put a bee in your bonnet? I am simply informing people who are making helpful suggestions about how to improve the marketplace, that there is no one at LL who is listening -- and the reason why. You can see that as "angry"; I am simply informing people of what is obviously news to some. Why that revelation seems "mean" to some, I do not know. Seriously, get a grip! I am not the one with a bee in her bonnet... you started a whole thread on the subject and told people to shut up as you defend your opinion (As that's all it is) And I quote " "Unlike you, I am not a casual user of the marketplace, or a user of the customer end of it only. I have been supporting my family with my SL business for five years; I daily monitor this forum and others for ANY developments that would affect my livlihood. Any tiny developments or breakage or fixes, in either the customer or merchant ends, I NOTICE" I was trying to say in a light hearted, joking manner (Or at least that was the intention) that whilst I can relate to your obvious frustration, there is nothing you/we can do over things you/we cannot control and venting/posting in multiple threads over the same topic is doing nothing constructive to resolve the actual issue, even if it is done so in a passive aggressive manner. Then to prove my point that you have emotional conviction, you respond to some unrelated thread which I posted in, accusing me of being "angry and paranoid" There's a reason why people spend so much time in forums and very rarely a positive one and that's why I don't tend to do forums because what ever you say or suggest someone somewhere will take issue with it and have a rant. Sorry that I apparently added fuel to your flames.
  10. Pamela Galli wrote: LillyBeth Filth wrote: I got one red flagged yesterday for "The item has been blocked due to Spam or Disallowed Listing Practices" it was a Medieval Ceiling Tile Material Set (Diffuse Specular Normal Maps) I have no idea what was wrong with the listing in all honesty. I can't even find the listing to relist it again and I can't be bothered trying to work out what piece of text was considered "Spam" so I just left it alone. I always assume its competitors doing this thing. I wouldn't imagine a customer would be bothered to flag it.. but a competitor would for sure. Really, LilyBeth, why so paranoid and angry? I looked at some of your keywords just now and I see why someone would flag them -- when people search "skin", for example, they do not want to see animal fur textures. Get a grip you silly moo lol
  11. Pamela Galli wrote: There have been dozens of threads about the demo problem. LL is not interested in fixing it. Pamela, we get the message! lol You don't have anything to gain by typing "LL are done with the MP" in almost every thread that involves the Marketplace. I understand you're frustrated and angry but the forums shouldn't be a form of therapy for your anger and trying to rouse others to feel as you do is not likely to work either. I too depend (partially) on SL for my RL bills too but there are some things I cannot control so I have to think of a work around because spending too much time in the forums venting is certainly not going to increase sales.
  12. I got one red flagged yesterday for "The item has been blocked due to Spam or Disallowed Listing Practices" it was a Medieval Ceiling Tile Material Set (Diffuse Specular Normal Maps) I have no idea what was wrong with the listing in all honesty. I can't even find the listing to relist it again and I can't be bothered trying to work out what piece of text was considered "Spam" so I just left it alone. I always assume its competitors doing this thing. I wouldn't imagine a customer would be bothered to flag it.. but a competitor would for sure.
  13. Ashasekayi Ra wrote: Actually, Lindens do skim the forums. Lindens have admitted that during inworld meetings that I have attended before. Yea, in their lunch all four of them gather around a 2001 Mac and eat popcorn laughing...
  14. Roisin Juneberry wrote: I have been asked by so many people how do you add the FORSALE picture in your profile. Well after a little digging and asking around i actually got the answer to my question without paying anyone lol Its actually very easy all you have to do it type this: <icon>ForSale_Badge</icon> Please note you put this in the area you type in on your profile, and you wont' see the picture per say but others will ^^ Tc all Roe Thanks Roe I have no idea why people want "For Sale" in their profile... is it for items they have for sale or are they selling themselves? I am so out of touch with the social aspect of SL now... but thanks for sharing..
×
×
  • Create New...