Your theme ideas please?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Could the ground floor sometimes be a shop or lobby space, to encourage roleplay?

Ooh, I like this. Most of the Linden land between the townhouses/brownstones being filled by facades, but the occasional one being used as a mini community area -- cafe, bar, bookshop, music store, bodega, etc. I wouldn't expect them to be used any more than the existing pools or picnic tables, but they'd look cute and be fun for the Moles to build.

(The main community area would be the perfect place to experiment with offering actual retail space, something like what they have at the Welcome Hub.)

• Like 4

Welp spent some time looking at different architectural style pics and a lot of them are already Linden Home themes!  Looking at other's suggestions, I like the Louisiana style ones and the English stone cottage ones.  And the winter theme.  Also am a fan of the Craftsman bungalow but that is not unique enough to be a whole theme, maybe someday an addition to Traditional?  This pic is not super attractive but it points out the Craftsman features. 

craftsman.png

• Like 5

I have been wishing for more smaller models for the Victorian homes, but if I was to pick something it would be something contemporary like this. I personally don’t care much for two story homes because it sucks up all the prims on the parcel. 

IMG_0258.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Hymn Celestia said:

For the Log Homes, I would love to see a tiny-home option.  Slanted roof for solar panels; large outdoor porch for actual living space; shelter from the rain; loft for sleeping over a ground-floor kitchen area....... and surrounded by all that glorious Log Home Landscaping that makes the regions so beautiful to look at.  A tiny-home on a full size Log Home parcel would be awesome. 

tiny home.png

I like the tiny home idea, if only because I prefer landscaping to furnishing. I spend little time inside my home.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to see an RL North Sea kind of theme... lots of connected fjords, islands with 2048 parcels with rail and roads/paths connecting along a 'spine' with some 512s and 1024s nestled into nooks and crannies in the steep slopes... with a mix of modern and traditional homes/cabins styles for each parcels size.  Having mixed size parcels might lend itself to help quickly in a shortage of a particular size of parcel, maybe?

Villa-Vassdal-Cabin-Sweden-Thumb.jpg?w=1000

project-O-off-the-grid-summerhouse-finland-nordicdesign-09.jpg

sheringham-sea-front-beach-huts-holiday-homes-north-norfolk-coast-uk-151134626.jpg

skottevik-sorlandet-42929.jpg?width=828&

mphyzytxrqp4mrtm57ts6k6vg3i215&option=N&

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Any home styles that are all located on land right by the waterfront (not only water like Houseboats).

OR: I would like the option to select only from "waterfront" homes when selecting a Linden Home other than Houseboats or Water and Pier Stilt homes. But any home that has some locations that are waterfront should have the option to pick only the waterfront locations. "Out of Stock" (when it is) would obviously be needed just like it is for current Water Stilt homes.

Spending my time selecting and abandoning Linden Homes because they are not waterfront is not my idea of fun.

image.thumb.png.a7db4c9f355b15dab3f05cbec74022ff.png

• Like 7

How about a 1980's slasher theme?

Friday the 13th - Camp Crystal Lake

Sleepaway Camp

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 

A central lake with small camping style cabins, wooded paths, etc., but hidden "easter eggs" with maybe something at the bottom of the lake, or a tree house with blood spatter in it.  

Animesh items that part of the theme that prowl around different areas, or even a hidden Freddy or Jason, or Pennywise type character that only shows up at certain times of the day or night, but in random areas.

Maybe even add in a central place on each region that is different depending on the region, like a Cafe from the movie Tremors or even a Gas Station from Maximum Overdrive that could act as a type of gathering place for the residents on each region.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Valencia Skydancer said:

CRAFTSMAN HOMES !!!! with lots of prims. I love the porches. Long Beach California has a lot of them. I love the built in's in them as well.

Yes please to Sears kit home style. 

• Like 3

On 6/27/2024 at 2:43 PM, Blush Bravin said:

I'm all about connecting the outside to the inside, so the more glass the better. Oh and a built in pool would be a dream.

[pictures snipped]

I bet if they somehow found a way to make a theme with an in-ground pool work, it'd instantly become the most popular theme.

• Like 4

Two of my ideas are modifications of existing themes, so first I'll go with: brownstones. 

Brick Row House or Brownstone: Learn how to tell the difference

Would it be a giant pain with them being right next to each other? Yes. Do I really want an urban theme regardless? Also yes. And as has been suggested: facades could be put between the homes.

My other two ideas I do not have pictures for, but hopefully they're self-explanatory since they're modifications of existing themes. 

I still would really like 1024 versions of the trailers!

And I think if there was a snow version of the log homes, that would be amazing! And while we're doing log home modifications, maybe throw in a smaller cabin as well - think family summer cabin, 1 story. 

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 6

So here are my suggestions-- Undersea housing --for both mermaids and humans that could include: undersea grottos/caves; sunken ships, and/or retrofuturism inspired houses

fish-shelter-in-an-underwater-cave-egypt,1953069.jpg

605e5d29eb3085dc0df846de31b11a62.jpg

c6530f8797d590e1f1e9db15f742e3f2_high.webp

10_FUds1iT.jpg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, MillyWH said:

So here are my suggestions-- Undersea housing --for both mermaids and humans that could include: undersea grottos/caves; sunken ships, and/or retrofuturism inspired houses

[pictures snipped]

Adjacent idea but kind of want anyway: an aquarium would be a really cool community area.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Butch Daddy said:

How about a 1980's slasher theme?

Friday the 13th - Camp Crystal Lake

Sleepaway Camp

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 

A central lake with small camping style cabins, wooded paths, etc., but hidden "easter eggs" with maybe something at the bottom of the lake, or a tree house with blood spatter in it.  

Animesh items that part of the theme that prowl around different areas, or even a hidden Freddy or Jason, or Pennywise type character that only shows up at certain times of the day or night, but in random areas.

Maybe even add in a central place on each region that is different depending on the region, like a Cafe from the movie Tremors or even a Gas Station from Maximum Overdrive that could act as a type of gathering place for the residents on each region.

I wonder if there could be a part-time uber-spooky area like that from, say, October 1 to November 15th.  I would totally pay for that; I actually found the Fantasy homes too spooky for me (creepy noises all around) and left when they first came out.  True story!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I wonder if there could be a part-time uber-spooky area like that from, say, October 1 to November 15th.  I would totally pay for that; I actually found the Fantasy homes too spooky for me (creepy noises all around) and left when they first came out.  True story!

I think a seasonal game or interactive experience would be great at the Welcome Hub.

• Like 3

I only have a modest houseboat and i'm a bit older. This film

was very relevant in my time. I found it very educational to be able to live in different worlds from different centuries. 

• Like 3

What ever you select, water around is always a plus.

I would also be a sourpuss and say that making a theme for the few instead of the many, lead to thousands of empty homes.

People love to come with special ideas. But as in Fantasy, it is too much purple and glow for a place to live in. It is more a place to visit, admire, take pictures and then leave.

If one want residents who is basic now, to pay Premium because of the houses, it should have wide appeal.

And then my wish: I had talked about modern homes with big windows for a long time, before Newbrooke. And then came containers. I was very vocal about them, I retract that some because they are, after all, easy to live in and with big windows. What they lack, was the elegance. All the details was so unrefined, the brick dark and darker, a very heavy feeling. When I google container homes, the RL ones are often using very dark metal siding and so you made them that way on purpose?

It is the only modern theme so far. If you make a new modern theme, go for upscale modern and have the house controller set for light and dark wood. This way, those who wasn't happy about the wood in black can choose. Outer walls in plaster or bricks, and light versions. Use glass or metal in the stairs. As much open space as possible. Throw one or more interior walls in the content pack, so people can place the walls easy and without waiting for it made by others. The houses should feel light and airy.

I could post any and all of Roost new houses in modern style and say: This, this is what I want. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/en-US/stores/149918 I have bought several of their modern homes. Of course you shall not copy the houses, but they are very close to all modern homes in RL. Same ideas, same style, same details.

What-Is-a-Modern-Glass-House-Style_.webp.45b9c9d0a02ca3fdd7a1c84521eee573.webp

image.jpeg.80157cda365c5a1b377915cc7708b97e.jpeg

RL:

image.jpeg.f05e128a366d30c50da9fd9352b1948c.jpeg

Roost:

image.jpeg.50a51fae985b110f174bb1761be4860c.jpeg

RL:

image.jpeg.02bd7519f0f7b5072505781daee57491.jpeg

Roost:

image.jpeg.b4c16da62bce1ee44ac7e6e6829d02a1.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

If one want to go for a more cozy look, the 1024m plots for Premium could have the Cotswolds theme that was suggested by @Randy Pole. I think that has wide appeal. US and citizens from around the world often like English cottage style.

Those who think Fantasy was too much High Elf style, could also live in a Cotswolds theme instead. Maybe even have a Hobbit house with grass on the roof as an option in addition to cottages? It is said that JRR Tolkien loved Cotswolds and The Shire is inspired by the villages and landscape. I have been in Moreton-in Marsh myself, many years ago when I visited England. This style would be popular!

The moles could have a blast with the landscaping. Fantasy homes in Bellisseria has very impressive landscaping, do that, but instead go for natural trees and much wildflowers in soft colors on the protected land.

image.thumb.jpeg.fd09f11ab23950dd258c544b9a539e63.jpeg

image.jpeg.8cfb5e66f8d2c709fd8b9032f6012db8.jpeg

image.jpeg.d0c326e2964be4854cdccc96219ec0a0.jpeg

PPS: The Cotswolds theme could be directed to many, if they could mix 2048 and 1024. The 2048 could have a couple "manor" size houses, in addition to smaller cottages with thatched roofs, hobbit houses and a more "bewitched" house, like a smaller stone tower.

Edited by Marianne Little
added about Tolkien
  • Like 12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.