Euro 24 - on SL!

It's nearly that time again, when SL residents rez their prim TVs to watch the Euro football championship in world 

Sweden didn't get through this year, so Orwar has said he's supporting Scotland 😮 And LL said they are bringing in more Moles to moderate the forum during the Dutch matches, in case Sid, Alwin, Dorientje and Archangel become rowdy 🛂

Will you be watching Euro 24 in world, and who are you supporting? Will Americans and Canadians be adopting a team? I think Scylla might support Ukraine? We'll let Ayashe sit in the England fan camp if she likes, because she liked onion bhajis when she went to London :P

Should we have a forum sweepstake (within TOS)? Also, this is a thread for any Euro 24-related events in world 🏆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

, in case Sid, Alwin, Dorientje and Archangel become rowdy 

I think more needs to be done about their constant day-to-day rowdiness!

Do you have advice for Americans, who are barely aware of EuroVision? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

Sweden didn't get through this year, so Orwar has said he's supporting Scotland 😮 And LL said they are bringing in more Moles to moderate the forum during the Dutch matches, in case Sid, Alwin, Dorientje and Archangel become rowdy

I don't give a dime about soccer. Never liked it, such a boring game.

BTW ... I am not Dutch.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

It's nearly that time again, when SL residents rez their prim TVs to watch the Euro football championship in world 

Sweden didn't get through this year, so Orwar has said he's supporting Scotland 😮 And LL said they are bringing in more Moles to moderate the forum during the Dutch matches, in case Sid, Alwin, Dorientje and Archangel become rowdy 🛂

Will you be watching Euro 24 in world, and who are you supporting? Will Americans and Canadians be adopting a team? I think Scylla might support Ukraine? We'll let Ayashe sit in the England fan camp if she likes, because she liked onion bhajis when she went to London :P

Should we have a forum sweepstake (within TOS)? Also, this is a thread for any Euro 24-related events in world 🏆 

Will this be a success under the current forum rules?

And no, I very seldom watch TV in Second Life. And certainly no sports. I have a nice big flat screen for that in my living room in RL.

The Netherlands can only put up a very average team at the moment, that most likely will go under before the quarter finals, maybe even in the first round, so nothing to get really excited about. I'll handpick a few interesting games and for the rest.... I keep an eye on the results in the (digital) papers.
I'm more excited for the Olympics and The Tour De France this summer. Those two sport events I will watch way more closely.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sweden didn't get through this year, so Orwar has said he's supporting Scotland 😮 

As a person from Sweden, it would only be loyal to support Switzerland, as we are constantly being confused 😁 And yes, I'm supporting our Swiss "Nati" of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

Never heard of EuroVision 

Eurovision was the TV signal transmission system the European Broadcasting Union used in Europe to transmit live events, before the age of the satellites started.

Now that word is only used in the title of the Eurovision Song Contest that dates already from that time. (European Freak Show would be a better description these days).

Our lion made a mistake by picking the wrong word, I'm afraid.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Eurovision was the TV signal transmission system the European Broadcasting Union used in Europe to transmit live events, before the age of the satellites started.

Now that word is only used in the title of the Eurovision Song Contest that dates already from that time. (European Freak Show would be a better description these days).

LOL! I missed that Rat was talking about Football and not "EuroVision"!!! Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Oh, I see. The reason I've never heard of it is because I'm an American, unfortunately.

We'll let Ayashe sit in the England fan camp if she likes, because she liked onion bhajis when she went to London :P

A) I'm surprised you even remembered that detail. You have a good memory, LOL.

B) That isn't the only thing I liked! Come at me with dat masala paratha, gurl. My roomie in London used to make a FIRE version of that (quite literally - it was spicy AF) and taught me her recipe, but I've since forgotten how to make it. Boo!

C) Bold of you to assume I'd be sitting with England for the food and not the menz.

D) I have no idea how to make this about SL. In-world watch party complete with a food buffet, I guess? I hate sports, though, but I'll cheer on whichever team has the cutest players.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Sadly I can watch any of it live, even in SL, because I don't have a TV license (a license is mandatory for watching live TV in the UK).

Internet together with VPN are your friends.
There are so many live streams out there, to be accessed when the VPN signal comes from the right country.

For instance, I can watch and use several Belgium or German services and streams on Internet, by just setting VPN to the according country.
PDC Darts is on a pay tv channel in NL, in Belgium it is not. So guess where I watch that?

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

The Netherlands can only put up a very average team at the moment

but but but Virg!!!  

I support any team in the Euros who have a Liverpool player playing.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

A) I'm surprised you even remembered that detail. You have a good memory, LOL.

B) That isn't the only thing I liked! Come at me with dat masala paratha, gurl. My roomie in London used to make a FIRE version of that (quite literally - it was spicy AF) and taught me her recipe, but I've since forgotten how to make it. Boo!

C) Bold of you to assume I'd be sitting with England for the food and not the menz.

D) I have no idea how to make this about SL. In-world watch party complete with a food buffet, I guess? I hate sports, though, but I'll cheer on whichever team has the cutest players.

Really? Apparently the best English food is Indian. Doesn't this mean you should cheer for the Indian team?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anna Nova said:

I don't want to hear of football (aka HooliganBall, or as only North Americans call it, Soccer) or Euro24, ever.

I just read in the paper that because of your and Zali's take on football, the UEFA has canceled the tournament. The scheduled games will be replaced by reruns of episodes of Upstairs Downstairs and Downton Abbey. :D

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I think Scylla might support Ukraine?

Hmmm, maybe?

I'm not really much of a sportsball girl (except for baseball, which I do love), but in the past I've followed both the Euro Cup and the World Cup a bit, almost entirely because of the forums.

Not a big fan of the canary yellow Ukrainian uniforms though. 😬

Canada generally calls this "soccer," btw, because we have this incredibly dull game called "Canadian football" that is somewhat like American football.

Happily, though, here in Toronto, it's usually "football" because of our huge immigrant population. And we have a football team, Toronto FC, that is quite popular. The city generally goes nuts during these tournaments. I live on the outskirts of Little Portugal, which is actually also Little Brazil, and if Portugal or Brazil win a game, the entire neighbourhood for about 8 city blocks square gets shut down as the party moves out of the sports bars onto the street. And when ANY team wins, you can expect cars honking the horns and sporting flags to be parading through the city. It's kind of cool. I like it!

• Like 1