So what changed in the Terms of Service?

2 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

It is very simple to solve this issue. 

Child avatars are only allowed on G rated land.

If you need to go to a M or A for any reason, then you have to change into an adult or appropriate avatar (i.e. robot, etc)

However, it should be noted that ***play can happen on any rated land, with any avatar (with or without a modesty panel) at any time of the day or night.

Nothing LL proposes solves that actual issue.  I'm not even sure it CAN be solved.

Never gonna happen because all Linden Homes are on M rated land and LL likes money. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Ya didn't read down far enough. If you had, you'd see non-sexual, non-advertized using adult search terms nudity is indeed allowed in public spaces on M land.

That being said, if the child avatar is there first and someone comes along and decides to be naked around them, then the naked adult is the one that could be successfully AR'd. And vice versa, a child avatar that pops in and stays around a of naked adult is then in the wrong and AR-able.

LL -can- see region wide info on anything that transpires. TP logs, Chat history, items worn and -when- they were worn (or unworn).. all that jazz.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

If you need to go to a M or A for any reason, then you have to change into an adult or appropriate avatar (i.e. robot, etc)

However, it should be noted that ***play can happen on any rated land, with any avatar (with or without a modesty panel) at any time of the day or night.

Nothing LL proposes solves that actual issue.  I'm not even sure it CAN be solved.

They could block IM usage while one is in Child Mode. That would likely severely limit it.

• Confused 2

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:

However, it should be noted that ***play can happen on an rated land, with any avatar (with or without a modesty panel) at any time of the day or night.

I had this debate earlier with someone else. You would be effectively banning people by avatar from the near entirety of the mainland, info hubs, public parks, public sandboxes, and the grid itself by doing this. Adult content is already restricted on moderate land, and public nudity is very frowned on in most moderate places.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Ya didn't read down far enough. If you had, you'd see non-sexual, non-advertized using adult search terms nudity is indeed allowed in public spaces on M land.

That being said, if the child avatar is there first and someone comes along and decides to be naked around them, then the naked adult is the one that could be successfully AR'd. And vice versa, a child avatar that pops in and stays around a of naked adult is then in the wrong and AR-able.

LL -can- see region wide info on anything that transpires. TP logs, Chat history, items worn and -when- they were worn (or unworn).. all that jazz.

Um you clearly didn't read further down. I did admit to being wrong, and thanked everyone for clarifying it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

How is nudity even possible if wearing a non removable Modesty layer?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wincil said:

People shouldn't shove opinions down someone's throats that's worng if you don't have anything nice to say then keep it to yourself and does who start culture wars are just insufferable losers I would respect all cultures.

What does this have to do with this thread? 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

However, it should be noted that ***play can happen on an rated land, with any avatar (with or without a modesty panel) at any time of the day or night.

It can't in my opinion, we can't even fully stop it in real life, where we have far more tools. I can't even imagine how you would go about doing so online in any medium. I guarantee you even Roblox has this content. It's just likely more hidden. I once watched a YouTube play a game on Roblox that alluded to the character you played as having been kidnapped for such purpose. While nothing was visually shown, the concept reveled at the end of the game left the person playing rather disturbed, and myself watching him play it. Since nothing about it till the end of the gave indication it would become that way.

On a normal gaming site it might be okay, but it should have never been on Roblox due to the implication alone in my opinion. If that can make it on to Roblox, what does that say for SL?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I think this is the "nuke it from orbit" option, and would effectively kill off the community of child avis.

It's also overkill because, as you say,

7 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

***play can happen on any rated land, with any avatar (with or without a modesty panel) at any time of the day or night.

If it's not actually accomplishing anything more, I don't see the point of extending the ban to M rated areas.

And, honestly, again, there should be no problems with child avis in M rated areas 99% of the time. There are a lot of really "but it could happen!" edgecase instances being posted here, but I've seen nothing that I think would seriously jeopardize a child avi if it happened in an "M" rated area.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

While I'm a little reluctant to add a new complication to this discussion (we seem to be having difficulties comprehending pretty basic things here sometimes), what about breast feeding? Someone mentioned this much earlier in this thread in the context of family RP, and I thought . . . interesting question! I actually have a pic representing breast feeding -- it's even possible (although I don't remember for sure) that I posted it in the Adult pic thread. That was using a prim baby . . . but I'm not sure how permissible even that is now, yet alone RPing a breast feeding.

Unsurprisingly, my own view is that breast feeding is inherently non-sexual, but not everyone thinks so, and there are associated kinks.

Breast feeding a baby = not sexual, not weird

Breast feeding a toddler = weird, but not sexual

Breast feeding an adult = weird, maybe sexual

Breast feeding a goat kid = weird, but not sexual (Google it)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

What does this have to do with this thread? 

Well what I was trying to point out is that not everything is subjective.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Breast feeding a toddler = weird, but not sexual

Not weird. 71% of toddlers are breastfed. (changed percentage cause I looked it up)

According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), a toddler is a child between the ages of 1 and 3. Some say that a child becomes a toddler when they turn one year old.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Residents presenting as Child Avatars shall be prohibited from the following:

• Engaging or participating in any event or location where nudity and/or sexual activity is present, encouraged and/or expected.

This does not mean that an AR might be successful (See  "accidental" events). But it certainly means that the Child Avi Player has to leave once nudity is present. Nudity on M rated sims is allowed, and can therefore be expected. In these regards, it does not matter who is there "first" or comes "later" or at which pont the adult avi player goes nude.

And what for would you AR the adult avi player? For executing his right to go nude? Or what exactly?

Edited by Vivienne Schell
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Not weird. 75% of toddlers are breastfed.

According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), a toddler is a child between the ages of 1 and 3. Some say that a child becomes a toddler when they turn one year old.

Yeah. I have a niece who was breastfed to the age of 4, which, I'll admit, I thought a little excessive, but it was the child's, not her mother's choice. (Her older sister had stopped just past the age of 1).

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The Bellicosian Anti-Privacy Zone will become a problem. It's covenant expressly forbids security such as group only access banlines, or orbs that can actually keep people out, so no, Belli is not going to be a "safe space" for kid avi's, or a safe space FROM kid avi's.

Belli compliant orbs cannot bounce people in "a few" seconds, and they can't auto-ban to stop the bounced coming right back in.

However, you can manually eject and permaban trespassers the moment you realise they are on your parcel.   It wouldn't be difficult to script a scanner to alter you as soon as it detects an intruder, and offer you some menu options to deal with them.   The Belli covenant applies only to automated systems.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

How is nudity even possible if wearing a non removable Modesty layer?

You stand on a footstool, then bend down to tumble between your own legs (as if turning inside-out).

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vivienne Schell said:

And what for would you AR the adult avi player? For executing his right to go nude? Or what exactly?

Were I on a child avi in a Moderate region, and an adult undressed after arriving, and in obvious proximity to me, I'd AR him.

• Like 6

I don't like the idea of actual child avatars run by adults breastfeeding. Are there infant avatars out there run by adults? I'm curious. I know breastfeeding is natural but ... there are so many kinks associated with it in sl it seems icky here.

As for animesh babies .. I see no problem there's not back and forth roleplay between the two.  I'm sure someone could make it dirty if they tried hard enough too though.

• Like 6