So what changed in the Terms of Service?

3 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I'm pretty sure that LL investigated and must have found some merit to it or they would not have taken these steps. Don't dismiss a problem just because you personally don't see it.

Don't dismiss a problem just because you personally don't see it. Governance has come out to say they have new policies in place to review cases in a way that made it sound like they didn't before. Question is how many cases in the past 20 years should have been reviewed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

child-like

adjective

: resembling, suggesting, or appropriate to a child or childhood

You can certainly make a genus head look like a child.  It's called baby face for a reason?   There's a difference between a child-like appearance and a child-like sense of wonder, adventure, etc.  It's the appearance that matters in SL not how you perceive the world around you.  We all should have a child-like sense of wonder at times.  Just try not to have a child-like look in an adult area.

im 100 % fine with no allow kids in any sim with A rate, that's common sense to me, the problem here is not that, is the layer thing than they make it too much complicated

• Like 1

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:

I'm pretty sure that LL investigated and must have found some merit to it or they would not have taken these steps. Don't dismiss a problem just because you personally don't see it.

They did because of the article and to cover themselves. Which from a business standpoint is not a bad idea, and while I have no issue with the modesty layers,  it is not going to solve the problem. Because the minority that was acting illegal was already ignoring the rules and will just continue to do so.

I'm super glad about the ban from adult land though, I've never liked that idea and I say that as someone who sometimes uses a TD Kid, and also LaraX, Dinkie cat, etc. There is no good reason for a kid to be in adult land.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

They're canceling pedophiles. What a horrible company. How dare they. 

No, they don't. Not a single pedophile with at least one working brain cell will be discovered by these new rules. On the other hand lots and lots of kid avatars who don't do anything illegal will be affected. But hey, LL did something! Doesn't matter if it is reasonable and useful.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Starberry Passion said:

4346c88678e07b9a914e59cbad96ac1e.png

74fc2796fdcad5bde0ae09c119378400.png

I have been a teacher for almost 40 years. I know a kid when I see one.
And your "20 year old" is a kid. 10-12 years old. No whatever faulty software needed.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Vivienne Schell said:

BOM layers won´t do. Required isa skin (patches included) which cannot be removed. When you use BOM layers you remove the patches. There is no effing around. It´s plain and simple: If someone wants to ***** the someone has to use a child avi lacking any sexual attributes. Also has to trash each and any profile link to adult rated or clearly sexual content (places, stores, groups, whatever). If someone refuses to do so, the someone must have an interest in sexualised child behavior or the graphic display of a sexualised child.

It's reactionary nonsense and overkill for something with an incredibly easy solution that can be done without destroying over a decades worth of content in the process.

What's the difference between ARing someone not wearing BOM coverings and ARing someone that's bypassing the modesty layer? Literally nothing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

Hi @Madi Melodious I no longer have a child alt, BUT I am thinking of writing up an editorial post on my blog where I summarize the latest kerfuffle over the May 2nd ToS changes and their potential impact, and I would very much like to include your automatic teleport attachment when a child avatar visits an Adult rated region. Is this something available via the SL Marketplace, or do people have to seek you out in-world? I'd like to add this to my blogpost, if I can. Thanks! 🙂

I posted it to the marketplace as a free item.  I've never set up a marketplace listing so I just did the basic.

Second Life Marketplace - Panic button

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Leslie Trihey said:

It's reactionary nonsense and overkill for something with an incredibly easy solution that can be done without destroying over a decades worth of content in the process.

What's the difference between ARing someone not wearing BOM coverings and ARing someone that's bypassing the modesty layer? Literally nothing.

True, there is nothing changed with that scept modesty layer is not implemented.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Not a single pedophile with at least one working brain cell will be discovered by these new rules. 

Creating an  environment that makes it more difficult to commit crime is good. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Leslie Trihey said:

I agree with this, as long as the avatar is covered I don't see the issue, if you see someone not wearing a covering, you report, just as you would do if it were baked into the body/skin, the rule should be simply stay covered at all times.

Someone not wearing a cover would be violating the rules.

While don't care about the cover being enforced to being built into the body, I wear one anyway, always have, even on my adult and dinkie kitty, I feel like most people here can see this seems excessive for the tools already in place.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I have been a teacher for almost 40 years. I know a kid when I see one.
And your "20 year old" is a kid. 10-12 years old. No whatever faulty software needed.

I didn't say she was 20 years old, you're putting words in my mouth. I said she was a little child

with a 20 year old face.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Baby Simp said:

These are just a few things one can do to keep yourself safe from any predators or age players that are still on the grid. Hope this helps.

Stay at general rated sims, follow the new rules and no one will complain. That´s what helps.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Vanity gets to page 31, and notices that this thread now has 41 pages, sighs deeply....

You can easily jump to 42 right away.
The thread is still about the same arguments that hit the thread in the first four pages, only for the 10th time.
:D

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

This is exactly why sl needs to clean house. 

Or you know, go after the blatant violators and leave the rest of us alone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That would make to much sense though. Can't be done in today's nanny state culture.

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Starberry Passion said:

I didn't say she was 20 years old, you're putting words in my mouth. I said she was a little child

with a 20 year old face.

And almost everyone agrees that it's not a 20 yr old's face.  

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Secondlife advertises itself as a second life, a world where you can be anything, do anything (except stuff that isn't accepted by the community)

bolded, underlined...except stuff that is ILLEGAL. Whether the community accepts it has no bearing on anything whatsoever.

• Like 3

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

You can easily jump to 41 right away/
The thread is still about the same arguments that hit the thread in the first four pages, only for the 10th time.
:D

I agree, it is kind of going back at forth at this point [though I'll probably continue anyway, even though I really shouldn't x.x]. This is kind of why I wish the Lindens would jump in and answer questions like they said they would yesterday, that might help a lot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Indy Melody said:

One time I met a newbie that was wearing one of those newbie avatars looking like an adult. She was asking me questions about getting started in SL. After a few minutes, she started asking me how she could get pregnant and have a baby in SL. All she wanted to do was that. The more the conversation went on, her speech pattern became more immature sounding to me. I did the unthinkable, and asked how old she was in RL. She replied she was 14. 

I would like to see better means to protect the adults in SL from the RL children that make accounts to join SL.

There's really no way to get around that. New users who ignore the stated Terms of Service and lie about their age, the onus is on them.

Also, people tend to forget that Linden Lab once did implement an age verification system (Aristotle, I think it was called), circa 2007-2013? I believe, and it was widely considered a failure. Let's just hope that we don't go down that road yet again.

• Like 4

Just now, MissSweetViolet said:

I agree, it is kind of going back at forth at this point [though I'll probably continue anyway, even though I really shouldn't x.x]. This is kind of why I wish the Lindens would jump in and answer questions like they said they would yesterday, that might help a lot.

It is Friday... weekend starts at the Lab. There are only those around who feed the hamsters.  Expect no answers before Monday, if ever here on the forums. More likely is a few new lines in one of the wiki pages or a new blog post.

• Like 1