Very Sad News for Blueberry lovers

On 4/12/2024 at 3:44 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

What does Blueberry sell?

Everybody already answered this. What I remember is that when the first fitmesh bodies were coming out, Blueberry was one of the first shops to add support for those early bodies - Belleza's first version and then Maitreya. For quite a while everyone else was sticking to 'standard sizes' and there were less than a handful of people making the move; Blueberry among them.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

put the bundle for Hourglass back on the MP

Thanks for sharing - I wasn't aware!  Also on my short list of "The Best of SL".  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Everybody already answered this. What I remember is that when the first fitmesh bodies were coming out, Blueberry was one of the first shops to add support for those early bodies - Belleza's first version and then Maitreya. For quite a while everyone else was sticking to 'standard sizes' and there were less than a handful of people making the move; Blueberry among them.

She was actually one of my favorites for the Lolas back before mesh bodies were even around.  I might still have some of those somewhere.

• Like 6

I haven't really followed this thread other than see the snippets roll but and I am guessing it IS about the money (and hopefully not a health issue). 

That being said it could also have been blowback from the Medium article and "investors" who did not want to be linked to SL.  Just saying. 

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I haven't really followed this thread other than see the snippets roll but and I am guessing it IS about the money (and hopefully not a health issue). 

That being said it could also have been blowback from the Medium article and "investors" who did not want to be linked to SL.  Just saying. 

:SwingingFriends:

Investors could just as equally not want to be involved with Roblox, with the lawsuits from parents and all.

• Like 2

Ah I hadn't heard that hourglass was back up on marketplace, I couldn't find it at first but then with another look I did! It's a little disappointing that the original Physique isn't up but I know it was less popular. 

Edited by Ze Helix
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ze Helix said:

Hehe you are lightning fast! I asked my question after searching for awhile and then decided to give it one more try and found it, and I thought I edited my question away fast enough but you were already on it. :)

Either way, glad you got it!!

12 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

The departure might be related to Blueberry accepting $6 million in investors funding: https://venturebeat.com/games/house-of-blueberry-raises-6m-for-digital-fashion-in-the-metavese/

It's possible the investors decided to focus entirely on Roblox.

Interesting. That was public back in mid-January and it took them another quarter[*] to announce they were pulling back from SL. Their SL revenue stream must be pretty big, and the investment is US$ 6M, so the clock is now ticking for offsetting loss of that revenue as the operation shifts to the Next Big Thing.

I guess Roblox would be the safest bet but it seems a little boring to attract investment, unless it's just a first step towards something more exciting.

Something I wouldn't have expected:

This latest round of funding will accelerate growth to new communities by expanding from a primarily
female design aesthetic into male and androgynous design, […]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Interesting. That was public back in mid-January and it took them another quarter to announce they were pulling back from SL. Their SL revenue stream must be pretty big, and the investment is US$ 6M, so the clock is now ticking for offsetting loss of that revenue as the operation shifts to the Next Big Thing.

I guess Roblox would be the safest bet but it seems a little boring to attract investment, unless it's just a first step towards something more exciting.

That makes sense if they are going to be making Roblox their primary market, male and androgynous clothing would be appreciated there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Interesting. That was public back in mid-January and it took them another quarter to announce they were pulling back from SL. Their SL revenue stream must be pretty big, and the investment is US$ 6M, so the clock is now ticking for offsetting loss of that revenue as the operation shifts to the Next Big Thing.

Is it that I haven't had enough coffee yet or is that article from back in January of "2023", not '24?

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

The departure might be related to Blueberry accepting $6 million in investors funding: https://venturebeat.com/games/house-of-blueberry-raises-6m-for-digital-fashion-in-the-metavese/

It's possible the investors decided to focus entirely on Roblox.

It's interesting that none of the names of (RL) people quoted as being from the "House of Blueberry" were the name of the real-life person behind the SL Blueberry brand.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

It's interesting that none of the names of (RL) people quoted as being from the "House of Blueberry" were the name of the real-life person behind the SL Blueberry brand.

She’s quoted. Did you read the article? Found in 2012 by… 

1 minute ago, AzureWaves said:

She’s quoted. Did you read the article? Found in 2012 by… 

That might be an alias, but the name of the RL person behind Blueberry is fairly well known and no secret, and that name ain't it.

• Like 1

There is, thus, the possibility that 'our' SL Blueberry has received a 'cease and desist' order on the use of 'their' name.  All sorts of plots come to mind.  No doubt we'll find out one day (Soontm)

5 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Interesting. That was public back in mid-January and it took them another quarter[*] to announce they were pulling back from SL. Their SL revenue stream must be pretty big, and the investment is US$ 6M, so the clock is now ticking for offsetting loss of that revenue as the operation shifts to the Next Big Thing.

Look again. That article is from January 2023, over a year before the Medium post.

1 hour ago, Anna Nova said:

There is, thus, the possibility that 'our' SL Blueberry has received a 'cease and desist' order on the use of 'their' name.  All sorts of plots come to mind.  No doubt we'll find out one day (Soontm)

I'm guessing that Gizem is the CEO of Blueberry/House of Blueberry.  If so, how would one send a 'cease and desist' letter to their own CEO?  If memory serves, the position of the COO they have listed in that year old article is under that of the CEO.

Not only that, but Gizem might be the majority shareholder, which makes her the de facto boss.

If Blueberry itself is pulling back from SL while making money in other virtual worlds, then that is a business decision.

6 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

That might be an alias, but the name of the RL person behind Blueberry is fairly well known and no secret, and that name ain't it.

It just misses off her first name IIRC

• Like 1