Very Sad News for Blueberry lovers

😢

Copied from Facebook:

Hi fam ❤
I’m very sorry to say that I will be taking a break from SL. Blueberry does not plan to release any new items for the foreseeable future. At some point, I will share an update. Right now I need this time to reflect.
I do consider all of you berries as my forever family and I am eternally grateful for your support and understanding. Thank you for all of your love.
Mishi

All reactions:

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4
  • Sad 12

That is really sad, and I wonder why.  She was so kind once, giving me a large sum of $ when she found out my daughter was sick. I've bought many more clothes from her with my alts in later years, and referred her business to numerous people. I only hope her kindness multiplied several fold for herself, beyond what she gave to me when I felt helpless and afraid.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What does Blueberry sell?

Some good-looking female clothing, they've done it for ages

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

😢

Copied from Facebook:

Hi fam ❤
I’m very sorry to say that I will be taking a break from SL. Blueberry does not plan to release any new items for the foreseeable future. At some point, I will share an update. Right now I need this time to reflect.
I do consider all of you berries as my forever family and I am eternally grateful for your support and understanding. Thank you for all of your love.
Mishi

Damn, this really is a shame. Their stuff looked really nice, I liked buying it for my wife. At least they have a vast collection of items to choose from. Hope they stay available, even if they stop releasing new ones.

• Like 2

Well, that's very sad and worrisome. I hope Mishi is ok. She's always been very personable and approachable, and she has a public face in a way that most SL creators don't.

Blueberry is HUGE -- surely the largest single maker of clothing in SL? And, unless it's pulled back, it had expanded into other platforms as well.

This is roughly analogous to something like The Gap ceasing production in RL, I suspect. I wonder if the SL economy will take a hit.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I wonder if the SL economy will take a hit.

Blueberry -was- huge, the store has lost plenty of ground over the last couple of years due to new bodies needing to be supported and the ever increasing use of body mods. Not to mention there are probably giant swathes of users that prefer a certain style of dressing that probably have never even heard of Blueberry at this point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, that's very sad and worrisome. I hope Mishi is ok. She's always been very personable and approachable, and she has a public face in a way that most SL creators don't.

Blueberry is HUGE -- surely the largest single maker of clothing in SL? And, unless it's pulled back, it had expanded into other platforms as well.

I want to say she did a fashion show, didn't she? Oh, Metaverse Fashion Week, and partnered with Teletubbies for a line. "House of Blueberry" - that's super cute.

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is roughly analogous to something like The Gap ceasing production in RL, I suspect. I wonder if the SL economy will take a hit.

Yeah, Blueberry was a giant. I'm not sure how it is now that we've got numerous stores filling a similar demand and a random mix of new/old bodies and mods that only some continue to create for, though. That always complicates things.

I do hope she's alright, though. I feel like she's been grinding forever now, so a break is definitely warranted!

• Like 3

Was a huge fan but not in the past few years with the lack of updating.  Updating simply to get someone to buy the same thing twice (skip the new textures,.thanks) at your weekend sale rubbed me the wrong way.

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

The store isn't closing in SL. It was a vague announcement at best, I think we shouldn't read too much into it. They will still be on Roblox and other platforms.

Would read something into it if she is pulling back from SL to focus on the other markets she is involved in.

1 hour ago, Anastasia Loxingly said:

Blueberry -was- huge, the store has lost plenty of ground over the last couple of years due to new bodies needing to be supported and the ever increasing use of body mods. Not to mention there are probably giant swathes of users that prefer a certain style of dressing that probably have never even heard of Blueberry at this point.

This. I liked their stuff when I first arrived, but there are so many stores now that do that style just as well—if not better—these days, that I personally haven't shopped at hers for at least two years. BB, Seniha, and a few others in the same boat for me. Nice (and well fitting) but run of the mill styles everyone was producing. I do hope she's okay and taking the break she needs.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

The store isn't closing in SL. It was a vague announcement at best, I think we shouldn't read too much into it. They will still be on Roblox and other platforms.

I didn't know Roblox has clothes. Interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I liked their stuff when I first arrived, but there are so many stores now that do that style just as well—if not better—these days, that I personally haven't shopped at hers for at least two years. BB, Seniha, and a few others in the same boat for me. Nice (and well fitting) but run of the mill styles everyone was producing. I do hope she's okay and taking the break she needs.

Yeah if what you're saying is influential in the decision I hope she can take comfort in the fact that she had a very good run here!  And that she knows she will be missed by many.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

The store isn't closing in SL.

It was repeatedly reinforced by the CSR's in group chat that the store would be closing, no idea when but if you have any store credit you should use it pretty sharpish

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

I had been putting off buying the megapack of the latest lingerie set at The Fifty, but I better get it because it might not be available after the event. It's really lovely, not usually a fan of Blueberry's everyday wear but they have made some nice lingerie.

13 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

It was repeatedly reinforced by the CSR's in group chat that the store would be closing, no idea when but if you have any store credit you should use it pretty sharpish

Thanks for the reminder about store credit, I checked and I have a little bit to spend.

Blueberry - Charm OUT NOW @ The Fifty!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Anastasia Loxingly said:

That may be so. And I think we've all noted some shifts in the way things were being packaged for sales now, with inexpensive fatpacks being replaced by selected singles. I wonder if there is a connection?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Was a huge fan but not in the past few years with the lack of updating.  Updating simply to get someone to buy the same thing twice (skip the new textures,.thanks) at your weekend sale rubbed me the wrong way.

Pretty much what I was going to post myself. And given how it affected store's popularity it wasn't just us and a few more people who felt the same way. Back into 2015-2019 a new full priced release of theirs meant the store was impossible to get in for a few days, even worse with free credits or sales. Last 3 years or so it was just a shadow of its former self.

And the last couple of years, especially 2023, saw an obvious change of strategy there, that wasn't oriented to provide good experience to their customers, but to maximize the profits. They went as far as retiring all previous TSS packs/releases last Xmas. It wasn't some ancient stuff, most of those were updated (with modern mesh bodies sizes) popular releases in the "value packs", like light/dark denim packs with 10-15 textures and other options for jeans. But the deal was "too good" apparently, so yep, those got retired.

Also while it's always creator's free will, but for years she has been generous with store credits for store's bday, Xmas, some shop and hop events, last year and a half had none. Not that she or any other creator had/has to, nor do I really need those free credits from any store, but also points on the change in mindset regarding the store/business.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I want to say she did a fashion show, didn't she? Oh, Metaverse Fashion Week, and partnered with Teletubbies for a line. "House of Blueberry" - that's super cute.

Arguably, at one point she was probably the best known SL creator off platform? Lots of stories about her.

Yeah, Blueberry was a giant. I'm not sure how it is now that we've got numerous stores filling a similar demand and a random mix of new/old bodies and mods that only some continue to create for, though. That always complicates things.

Yes, as others have noted above, there is probably more competition now than there once was. It'll be interesting to see if any of the other higher profile creators (other than Addams) can fill the void. I just hope it doesn't mean trying to do the Sexy Soccer Mum thing that Blueberry had really taken to specializing in over the past few years.

I do hope she's alright, though. I feel like she's been grinding forever now, so a break is definitely warranted!

Agreed. And I'd be sorry to hear that the store wasn't doing as well, if that's the case too. I really only bought a few staples there -- simple tops, jeans, etc. -- but I wish her well, whatever the cause.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

The Blueberry Discord seems to have disappeared too.  Very unhappy about this myself, I usually bought everything there.

There are plenty of stores doing a similar "mall wear" style of clothing, I am sure that people who are into that will be able to find lots to wear, it's got to be more than half of what's available in SL for women. And some of the other stores even follow a similar sales model, with the megapacks right down to the ads looking exactly the same as Blueberry's. There will be no shortage of this style of clothing.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

There must be many thousands of dollars sitting in gift cards, especially since the change that gift cards instead of the actual products got discounted, and people were therefore incentivized to buy discounted gift cards. Sure people have no guarantee for how long their cards would be valid, but losing their gift cards of a store with this high reputation would be a blow and make everyone consider twice to purchase a gift card anywhere in the future.

PS: And while I can understand that terrible things may happen that totally throw you off and make you lose your mind, I completely understand that and it sucks, but still in this moment you should take a minute and get sufficient information out at a reliable place (this means a group notice in SL, not a facebook account.)

And what belongs to this is:

1) for how long (at minimum) will gift cards be redeemable

2) for how long (at minimum) will store credits be redeemable

3) for how long (at minimum) will redeliveries be available

4) for how long the store will be open for anything else isn't even important

Edited by xDancingStarx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, xDancingStarx said:

There must be many thousands of dollars sitting in gift cards,...

I have to admit that the one thing I did this morning was to go and spend the last few L$ in my store account.

I think it's worth noting that, according to her profile,  the SL store was Sophia's RL job, so this must be something pretty serious in her life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1