New last names spring 2024.

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I wonder...

Is "Xochitl" intended as a "Mayan" name, or as Uzbek for "wish"?

Hmm

Gotalotabotl Xochitl - Perfect name for a Mayan Milk Delivery diver.

I was just wondering how it was pronounced. Is it "zoch-til", "x-och-til", "z-ogh-til".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

I was just wondering how it was pronounced. Is it "zoch-til", "x-och-til", "z-ogh-til".

If you want to know how Mayan sounds, watch Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto" since all the dialog is in Mayan.

I think the ch is like the ch in Scottish Loch, or in German, and the tl is said as tl, not til.

"Zokh-tl" maybe?

Not that it matters much in SL, as nobody habitually using voice-spam will have a clue about Mayan anyway.

They ain't as bad as usual, but still... most of them are still meh in my book.
Not one that get's me excited to pull my wallet.
If I were a night I would go for Ravenwood, but I'm not.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

They ain't as bad as usual, but still... most of them are still meh in my book.
Not one that get's me excited to pull my wallet.
If I were a night I would go for Ravenwood, but I'm not.

Not tempted by "Sid Sausage"?

That last names still on the available list apparently.

• Haha 3

I kinda like "so chill"

Some online pronunciation thing:

"The name Xochitl is not originally from Spanish but from Nahuatl, the language of the Aztecs.1 The correct way to pronounce it is "Sochitl," with the accent on the L being very subtle and almost imperceptible.2 However, some people of European extraction may use "Sóchi" or "Sóchil," which is similar to "so chill," accenting the o. It is also common and acceptable to use "so-chee," which is the Hispanicized version of "xchitl," the Nahuatl word for flower.0 Xóchitl is a given name that is somewhat common in Mexico and among Chicana/os.1"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I wonder how long it will take for someone to come up with something suggestive for Morehead. Not entirely sold on Finchfield i can't see it without my brain automatically thinking of an RL place called Finchingfield

I noted Sausage is one of the choices too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Siggurdsson

Bluetooth

Hairybreeks

Grimsson

Please no. We got enough cringy wannabe-Vikings on the grid as it is!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

From the new selection, I quite like 'Ravenwood', but not enough to pay the equal of my monthly electricity bill. 

Wondering what the idea behind 'Zennor' is, something about zen? Or was it picked to have one that looks kind of "neutral"?

I did put in some suggestions, when it started, but don't remember if they also asked to submit the story/idea behind the name if not obvious. Also, do they keep old suggestions for future consideration, or do they toss everything after picking the latest batch and only new ones are in the draw for the next round... and is there a public alphabetical list of already existing and 'rejected, forget it' names, so people don't keep submitting the same ones? Or are there so few new suggestions by now, that they make up three quarters of the new names themselves... 

Also, I'm pondering far too many inconsequential things...

17 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Is it only me who find all the last names available, not only these, childish and anime-ish?

Agree 100%.  I changed my name back in December, and it was a struggle as I prefer names that are "normal".  At the time there were only three that I considered as such.  Sure the childish and anime names are "cute" and some people like them, but some of us wanna be boring and normal and at the price LL charges, deserve more choices.

• Like 1