Bellisseria's 5th Anniversary Celebration!

40 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Question that popped into my mind from reading some of the above posts:  What was done with the photos that we submitted for the anniversary?  Are they randomly located around the 4 regions?  I didn't notice any large group of photos from residents -- other than the Park Art Walk.

There are digital photo  albums at each of the community centers. I don't think any are at the 5th regions, which was surprising and a little disappointing. 

Edited by Kira Skydancer
Fixes
  • Like 2

• Moles

The Drivers of SL group has a fun event planned (later this week I believe) that takes people on a route through Bellisseria stopping at each of the Swaginator locations in order. If anyone is having trouble finding all the locations they can be guided to them then (in a very enjoyable way). As a favor to them and in deference to the work they put into creating their event, please don't publicly share the Swaginator locations at least until they have a chance to hold their event. Thanks :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

What a special evening, Hanami at Shobu!  To see the graceful traditional dances, with the music so exotic to western ears, while the blossoms gently wafted from the trees  ... it made a fascinating and beautifully serene evening.

They waved branches laden with blossoms in the first dance.

Hanami_006.thumb.jpg.6c9cb937bb9d0ed3dc1eea521af12469.jpg

They made a special dance for Bellisseria's Anniversary!  The song was punctuated with the gold rattles that they shook during the dance.

Our next dance is a celebratory piece for the anniversary of Bellisseria, called "Himesanja", or "The Three Shrines' [Princess Version]". The song has a rhythmic feel that conveys the lively atmosphere. The lyrics make reference to the Japanese deities Izanagi and Izanami, who created the islands of Japan and even other deities. Also referenced is Amaterasu and the holy cave she hid in after her brother upset her, making everything dark. When she finally exited the cave, sunlight returned to the land, with plum blossoms blooming first.

Hanami_009.thumb.jpg.9e4e87cc30b225c1a4f35eff7522c0f9.jpg

Their last piece was an archetypal dance from Kyoto, celebrating the beauty of the city during Hanami.  It referred particularly to the beauty of the kimonos worn during the holiday, and as you see the dancers showed their lovely ones off!

Hanami_013.thumb.jpg.b093af43101ebebd95dc95c3f604ab00.jpg

I stopped while walking home to admire the gently falling petals.

Hanami_019crop.thumb.jpg.609605f08a942eb454c8925e7d8c78bd.jpg

• Like 18

17 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Not being a Matthieu is likely a good thing.  As others have said, everyone has good ideas, not to mention that decorating is very subjective. Vive la différence.

Well, I just came back from your Tortuga with a friend, and we agree that you are amazing! Do you have more than one house?

I think that the more different people that decorate, the more unique styles we get.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Que noite especial, Hanami no Shobu! Ver as graciosas danças tradicionais, com a música tão exótica para os ouvidos ocidentais, enquanto as flores flutuavam suavemente das árvores... foi uma noite fascinante e lindamente serena.

Eles agitaram galhos carregados de flores na primeira dança.

Hanami_006.thumb.jpg.6c9cb937bb9d0ed3dc1eea521af12469.jpg

Fizeram uma dança especial para o aniversário da Bellisseria! A música era pontuada pelos chocalhos dourados que balançavam durante a dança.

Hanami_009.thumb.jpg.9e4e87cc30b225c1a4f35eff7522c0f9.jpg

A última peça foi uma dança arquetípica de Kyoto, celebrando a beleza da cidade durante o Hanami. Referia-se principalmente à beleza dos quimonos usados durante o feriado e, como você pode ver, as dançarinas exibiram seus lindos!

Hanami_013.thumb.jpg.b093af43101ebebd95dc95c3f604ab00.jpg

Parei enquanto caminhava para casa para admirar as pétalas caindo suavemente.

Hanami_019crop.thumb.jpg.609605f08a942eb454c8925e7d8c78bd.jpg

RL has been keeping me busy all the time, I haven't been enjoying my birthday as much as I would have liked, I really wanted to see these dances.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

RL has been keeping me busy all the time, I haven't been enjoying my birthday as much as I would have liked, I really wanted to see these dances.

I really wanted to catch this one as well.  Next time.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, I just came back from your Tortuga with a friend, and we agree that you are amazing! Do you have more than one house?

I think that the more different people that decorate, the more unique styles we get.

Thank you so much, Marianne.  I also did the Evening Star, though it is essentially a lift and place of one of my existing homes, with a couple of minor updates. 

This was my first Tortuga build.  I spent way more hours and L$ on than I care to admit, but it was all worth it to me.  I've always preferred the Havana, but have swapped my keeper stilt home so I can enjoy this one for a while.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Thank you so much, Marianne.  I also did the Evening Star, though it is essentially a lift and place of one of my existing homes, with a couple of minor updates. 

This was my first Tortuga build.  I spent way more hours and L$ on than I care to admit, but it was all worth it to me.  I've always preferred the Havana, but have swapped my keeper stilt home so I can enjoy this one for a while.  

And you have a gift by the front door for us! 💓

• Like 2

@Matthieu QuanderWhen I saw you were one of the decorators for the 5th I made a point to go check out your builds. Ever since I was lucky enough to obtain a little home close to one of your stilts, though it was for a very short amount of time, you've been on my list of exceptional decorators. I really enjoyed your builds at the anniversary regions. Well done, as usual.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

@Matthieu QuanderWhen I saw you were one of the decorators for the 5th I made a point to go check out your builds. Ever since I was lucky enough to obtain a little home close to one of your stilts, though it was for a very short amount of time, you've been on my list of exceptional decorators. I really enjoyed your builds at the anniversary regions. Well done, as usual.

All these kind words are making me blush, pun intended.  Thank you very much.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Yes, both demo homes have a little gift...nothing spectacular. 

I was there earlier today, both homes are amazing (I don't like the Tortuga, I'm an Havana girl at heart ) but your Tortuga looks awesome,  and the gifts also are really good. The Evening Star also looks great, hoping for a log but guess you didn't do one.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

I was there earlier today, both homes are amazing (I don't like the Tortuga, I'm an Havana girl at heart ) but your Tortuga looks awesome,  and the gifts also are really good. The Evening Star also looks great, hoping for a log but guess you didn't do one.

Thank you, Tary.  I was not offered a log, but I do currently own one that is open to visitors.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Brichester/25/220/52

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Yes, both demo homes have a little gift...nothing spectacular. 

The Tortuga and Evening Star gifts are addons and are excellent and low LI. I am using unlinked items from both (steps and ladder). TY

evening star ladder.jpg

tortuga steps.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm glad you 

39 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

The Tortuga and Evening Star gifts are addons and are excellent and low LI. I am using unlinked items from both (steps and ladder). TY

4 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

Me too :) 

I'm glad you both like them.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Thank you, Tary.  I was not offered a log, but I do currently own one that is open to visitors.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Brichester/25/220/52

I popped over for a peek - I love your decorating style.  I'm not so sure I'd put cactus anywhere near my hot tub though -- I'm not very coordinated after a few drinks.

• Haha 8

It's worth grabbing it even if you aren't currently in a boat or stilt. I am using the floating dock on my Mainland property. I switched the ladder for a pool ladder with climb up animation, and changed the textures to match my other decks.

sea_022.png

• Like 7

On 4/5/2024 at 1:05 PM, Indy Melody said:

I would like to offer a tip on the Bellisseria 5th Swaginator Hunt. To do the hunt, in the SSPBA 4 regions, find the bus benchs. On them you will find a picture of places in Bellisseria that are teleporters to those locations. Some are interesting places, but others will take you to where the Swaginator Prize givers are.

I don't suppose one of them has the 5th location on? the last clue has me completely stumped, it's not the place it could be 

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I don't suppose one of them has the 5th location on? the last clue has me completely stumped, it's not the place it could be 

I managed this one with a little help. There's an obvious location not too far from one of the other swaginator locations however the actual place is much more obscure if you aren't well travelled