Bellisseria's 5th Anniversary Celebration!

As residents it has been a pleasure to not only participate in Bellisseria but live as part of the community. It is hard to believe that 5 years has already come and gone. We all remember when on April 15th a post showed up on the forums of Second Life announcing the release of the new Linden homes. This unassuming announcement led to the largest home grab SL has ever seen. Thousands of residents went premium and in a night thousands of parcels on the new continent of Bellisseria were claimed. Almost immediately a vibrant community sprung from these Linden Homes and is still going strong, ever-growing. This milestone event in April is a huge anniversary that we, the Bellisseria 5th Anniversary Planning Community, are working with Linden's & Mole's, Bellisseria Residents, Groups, Entertainers, and Creators to give to all of SL an unforgettable 4 region, month-long event to celebrate. It has been our pleasure to do so and we look forward to seeing you all there.

Bellisseria's 5th Anniversary celebration opens tomorrow, Tuesday, April 2nd at 10:00 am slt. This event runs until April 30th, 2024. There are many exciting events throughout the month that all Second Life residents can attend and enjoy.  Here's your taxi:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Whiskey Bay/174/5/24

Bellisseria5thAnniversaryPoster512.png.1269b57209a97c07158795976500a4d5.png

APRIL2024CALENDARWEEK1.thumb.png.c5b214bdd5028f870e0ba2dcdadb44f1.png

APRIL2024CALENDARWEEK2.thumb.png.983e9715d54986aad07024e731e44222.png

APRIL2024CALENDARWEEK3.thumb.png.92ea87b2c5a0a26a6b412e32ddd2fec8.png

APRIL2024CALENDARWEEK4.thumb.png.30bb6da40d646eb11dbfbbfae262dbf2.png

APRIL2024CALENDARWEEK5B.thumb.png.32a22effbd275375edd1af90f264e9a9.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
added LM
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 11

Bellisseria 5th Anniversary Opens Today 10 AM slt

Welcome to the Bellisseria 5th Anniversary! 
Here is the schedule for the week of Tuesday, April 2nd - Saturday, April 6th. Today at 10 AM slt. Event Opening with special a guest speaker. Who could this be?  LM inside the notecard!

APRIL2024CALENDARWEEK1.thumb.png.c3f6e3ba8ec8b496ff05656b87d516a9.png

Landmark:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Whiskey Bay/174/5/24

Tuesday, April 2nd

10 AM slt Event Opening with special a guest speaker. Who could this be? 

11 AM slt Live Singer Evee Blackstar 

EveeEventPromo.png.50c86955958d0f9b7d73d14b58e6bb5c.png

12 PM slt Live Singer Shantu Selene 

ShantuEventPromo.png.8555e4ba394356a32226010ce997534e.png

Wednesday April 3rd

12 PM slt Crab Crawl 
The_Crab_Crawl3.thumb.png.ad32142faa12edcb921f020e2ed7f1c6.png
Event Info, Landmarks, & Instructions can be found in world at the Bellisseria 5th Anniversary Fairgrounds
(special mole gift for participants)

1:30 - 3:30 PM slt DJ Krys

Thursday April 4th

2 - 4 PM slt DJ Matti

Friday April 5th

10 AM slt Yukiko Bus Tour 2 hrs 
B5B_Retro_Bus_Tour_v1.thumb.png.ad285b9e140f5c8fb774c0fdccfd93a4.png

11 AM DRFS Ferry Shuttle Service 2 hrs

12 -2 PM Farday Party 
DJFarsPosterForWeeklyParty.png.e630649d28f72484d201c6c7821bfb7c.png

5 PM slt Live Singer Essence Bilasimo 
EssenceEventPromo.png.66807114064a74bdf5f42e2b8c2a6a35.png

6 PM slt Live Singer Downunder 
DownUnderEventPromo.png.f0d8d70aae3f3263fc35fd8f93c594a7.png

Saturday April 6th

6 AM slt Hanami in Bellisseria at Shobu Community Center http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPBA1/171/249/25
EventSign_OHanamiPerformance_ShobuBellisseria_KyotoSim2024.png.ca26392119952194bab51d2889d24e23.png

10 - 12 PM slt BBB Helio Rally/Stamp Event 

12 - 2 PM slt Animal Sanctuary Party with DJ Hammie & VariHammy

6 PM slt Hanami in Bellisseria at Shobu Community Center http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPBA1/171/249/25

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Bellisseria's 5th Anniversary Opening Speech by special guest, Abnor mole.

Hi Everyone!

Welcome! 

Welcome to the kickoff of the 5th anniversary of Bellisseria. I’m incredibly honored and excited to have been asked to participate in kicking off the events that are planned throughout this month to celebrate Bellisseria’s fifth anniversary. 

Reflecting on the journey that began five years ago, the LDPW team came together to build upon older projects and move beyond the limitations of the original Linden Homes. We wanted to introduce a more modern infrastructure that not only met design standards, but were also versatile in functionality, offering an assortment of choices to users, in themed and cohesive environments. We wanted something that was not quite mainland, and not quite a private estate; but took some of the best features of both to create something new and different.

However, that’s not what led to Bellisseria’s success. The truth of Bellisseria’s success lies in the community. In every one of you. Your enthusiasm, diversity, and sense of unity created a community - one that is a beacon of inclusion and vibrancy. 

To each and every resident who has contributed to making Bellisseria a place of belonging and success - we extend our deepest gratitude. The magnitude of your involvement is immeasurable, and while it's impossible to name everyone without spending a day in tributes, please know that your efforts are cherished and appreciated.

Also, a huge thank you to everyone involved in helping us celebrate this fantastic occasion. To the eighty merchants who have come out to support our endeavors here. To the Bellisseria residents that decorated the 28 Linden homes on these special Bellisseria Fairgrounds regions, as well as the various Bellisseria groups that are providing events for this celebration. And to the singers, musicians, performers and DJs who will be providing us with many hours of entertainment this month. To the event runners, providing us with tours, shuttles, parades, parties and other fun events. And of course to the Moles that helped create, decorate and provide assistance as needed. 

Also, I would like to thank the community team who organized the 5th anniversary event. There’s too many of you to name, but I want you all to know that your efforts are very much appreciated. The team approached us many months ago with a vision and a plan, and they have been putting in a lot of effort to give the entire community an opportunity to celebrate. Thank you so much. We look forward to everything that you have in store for us!

Wile you’re here, don’t forget to grab a Swaginator HUD and get some limited edition prizes from the LDPW, as well as collect flowers in the Flower Hunt! And this Wednesday will be the Crab Crawl Run Race, where you can get your own special limited edition Crab Boopie! Be careful around him, he can be a bit… Crabby. But once you get to know him, he’s pretty *claw-some*. Sorry, that was *claw-ful*. I may have gotten myself into a real *pinch* here. 

Anyway, as we *shell-ebrate* together, let's look forward to more years of community, creativity, and connection. Thank you all for being an integral part of Bellisseria's journey. And welcome, once again, to Bellisseria’s 5th anniversary. We’ll be here all month. Don’t forget to tip your DJ & Live Performers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Thanks for all the info:)

Does anyone have a landmark for the Swaginator HUD and info on the Flower Hunt please?

EDIT:

Found the Swaginator: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPBA2/79/38/31

Not the flower hunt info though.

You can find the 3 signs for the Flower Hunt (hud) beside the Gift Plaza and Bull Riding court.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Moles
2 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Thanks for all the info:)

Does anyone have a landmark for the Swaginator HUD and info on the Flower Hunt please?

EDIT:

Found the Swaginator: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPBA2/79/38/31

Not the flower hunt info though.

You can pick up HUDs for the flower hunt at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPBA1/211/78/32

• Like 4
  • Thanks 12

Special kudos to the team who put this event together! Very well thought out and very well executed. And loads of fun! 

I also appreciate the mixed neighborhood! Love all the different theme homes cohesively placed together. Imagine a theme where residents could choose and switch from a wide array of homes for their land! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I haven't yet toured the build.  But I have enjoyed the resident-supplied pictures!   Abnor has placed a slideshow kiosk at every community center (don't know if there are any elsewhere), and each one is stocked with about 15 different pictures.  If you zoom in on the "screen" so it fills your window, you can see the pics the way the photographers did when they took them.  There are of course gorgeous shots, and some lovely serene scenes with beautiful lighting, but also a sprinkling of clever fun shots, as well as colorful party pics.  Some relate to the theme of that particular community center.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

Hats off to all the folks who decorated the sample homes! I've been camming around them all morning and am absolutely in awe. The perfect theming, the color coordination, all the little touches around the properties - wow! My favorite so far has to be the Tortuga decorated by Matthew Quander. That color coordination is so on point it's scary! Bravo!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

THE CRAB CRAWL @ 12 PM SLT TODAY
Put on your best swim-wear and swim accessories! Get out those snorkels, swim fins, arm floats! You can even be a mermaid if you wish. Join us as we run to get that special Mole Gift!  Bellisseria Hamster DJ Party after: 1:30 pm SLT!
When: April 3rd
What Time: 12 Noon SLT
DJ Party after: 1:30 pm SLT
Landmark:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Whiskey Bay/174/5/24
BE SURE TO CLICK THE EVENT SIGN AND GRAB THE NOTE CARD FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE RUN.

We hope you enjoy this run through the Community Centers and their surrounding regions. When you start the run you will see along the course blue arrow signs. Follow the blue arrow signs to find your way. They will first lead you to the Bus Stops located on the event grounds. At these Bus Stops you will take the TP to the different legs of the run. We have provided LM's below to avoid clogging up the Bus Stop teleporters. Please use the LM's provided in this notecard. When you land at each Community Center please step out of the tp landing area and rezz. Then look for the blue arrows to guide you on your journey! Be alert because in some locations you will be running back through an area you previously ran through at the start of that leg of the run. As you near the Community Center keep your eyes open for the Bus Stop. Once back at the Bus Stop take the LM to return to the Bellisseria 5th Anniversary. When you return back to the event again follow the Blue Arrow signs to the next Bust Stop... Rinse and Repeat until you have visited all 9 of the Community Centers and made you way through the event grounds and to the Finish Line to collect your special Mole Gift!

The_Crab_Crawl3.thumb.png.4a3eb62056c220e2edf0999428b44aea.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Hats off to all the folks who decorated the sample homes! I've been camming around them all morning and am absolutely in awe. The perfect theming, the color coordination, all the little touches around the properties - wow! My favorite so far has to be the Tortuga decorated by Matthew Quander. That color coordination is so on point it's scary! Bravo!

Thank you very much.  Decorating is always a labor of love, and this one was no exception.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Join us as we run to get that special Mole Gift! 

Hopefully the "special Mole Gift" will be available to all, whether we made it to the crab crawl or not.  I couldn't get my boss to agree to let me go.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

For those could not participate in the Crab Crawl Run Race, you can still get this adorable Crab through the Flower Hunt.

Thank you everyone for joining in on this silly, fun, chaotic Run.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It looks like the prize platforms for #3 and #4 have been muddled for the Swaginator. If you go to where the clues say, you find the other one. The connected gifts also suggest that it wasn't supposed to be that way around (you get gifts for each area at the other area). We've been giving people the other clue they need, but I don't know if someone can pop in and swap them.

2 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

It looks like the prize platforms for #3 and #4 have been muddled for the Swaginator. If you go to where the clues say, you find the other one. The connected gifts also suggest that it wasn't supposed to be that way around (you get gifts for each area at the other area). We've been giving people the other clue they need, but I don't know if someone can pop in and swap them.

I have put in a request to have #3 and #4 fixed. We discovered that tonight on the hunt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

I wonder if this was why I was having trouble getting #3 solved?😁

Oh come on, ... a limited boopie on such a short notice? And at such an inconvenient time as on a workday? It almost appears @Linden Lab is hellbent on angering it's userbase...

You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?

The Bellisseria Planning Committee is hosting this event, along with other groups and individuals, not Linden Lab. The scheduling and notices are our responsibility. The first notice of the Crab Crawl Run Poster was sent out on Saturday, March 30th, in the event brochure. If you still want to get the Crab Boopie you can do the Flower Hunt, it will run all month long. Many are collecting 25 to 50 flowers per day to get enough flowers collected to earn the Boopie, myself included.

• Like 3

Thank you so much @PrudenceAnton and all involved in this celebration, Planning Comittee, Bellisseria groups, artists and creator...All of you for keeping Bellisseria active and interesting 💕!

On my way to check the Fairgrounds amazing work and personally looking forward for the combined celebration of the 5th Aniversary and the 2nd Hanami at Sakura Shobu Community Gardens ( including here a little pic from last year 💕💮)

Hanami 1.png

Edited by OkinamiTomoe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

We are SO looking forward to attending Hanami this year!  Had to miss it last year.  We're on our way to get the PERFECT seats  :)

I don't think Nika has figured out the sitting menu in the ferry, tho ....

Shobu_001.thumb.jpg.e6dd98eba5235721ae0d1b6d9af29d13.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Don't these Linden "Hunts" compete with in-world merchant-sponsored hunts?

Only in time that users need to put in on the hunts.  Typically, the Swaginator hunts give Mole made items that many want, especially if they are not high LI items.  Whereas, the vast majority of stuff that I collect from the various other inworld hunts gets trashed.  The only inworld hunts that are typically worthwhile are the ones for just a single specific store, instead of the grid-wide ones.  Similarly, I'd rather do a hunt that gives me a new Boopie than 98% of the inworld grid-wide hunts.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I have put in a request to have #3 and #4 fixed. We discovered that tonight on the hunt.

When I get first swaginator clue, it takes me to gift #2. Is it just me? Where can I get a clue for gift #1?