Boopies!

Polenth Yue

Boopies (toy collectables) are starting to get more complicated as there are multiple in different places this winter (and possibly one somewhere that hasn't been mentioned yet, as the highest number is #11 and only ten have been announced). So here's a summary of what's known so far and people can add any others as they're found. This is sometimes a Linden Homes topic and sometimes not, but mods can kick the thread around wherever it needs to be.

Halloween 2023: #1 Spooky Cat, #2 Ghosty, #3 Hoots and #4 Batcat.

Premium Plus Gift Winter 2023: #8 Abominable Buddy

Premium Gift Winter 2023: #9 Reindeer

Winter Snowflake Hunt 2023: #10 Snowman, #6 Nessie in a Bowl and #7 Snowflake.

Christmas Expo 2023: #11 Chilly

Edited by Polenth Yue
Added the last snowflake prizes.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Moles

There are lots of things you can do with your Boopies.

You can... squeeze your Boopies, show off your Boopies, hold your Boopies, wave your Boopies in people's faces...

What you do with your Boopies is up to you but whatever you do, have fun with your Boopies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I dun getit. So, it's only findable at a Linden Home area? Kind of like any other premium gift but just at Belli (and hidden?)..?

Never heard of boopies before this post. 

In the thread announcing the Third Trick or Treat event, you commented, "What if you don't want the Treat, is there a preferred Trick?" Well the treats in that case were all Boopies. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't managed to explode a boopie yet! Though in my attempts at such things, if you click and hold on the follower animesh, you get a menu to turn the sounds on/off.

I've not seen #5 anywhere yet. The snowflake prizes are currently not gettable as the prize givers went offline yesterday, but you can still collect the snowflakes and hopefully they'll get fixed.

Edit: Oops, I have now exploded a boopie. RIP batcat.

Edited by Polenth Yue
Oh no!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

7 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Oh no!  Poor batcat!   So, once we find a boopie, we can either explode it or keep it??

You can't accidentally destroy anything and they're copy so you have fresh clones to experiment on in your inventory! You can explode them and keep them. You can have it all!

I would say that the thing that worked was something I'd tried before. I put the boxes and the boopies through a lot of experiments when I first got them. But as Patch confirmed it was a thing, I thought I'd give it another go and repeat the things I'd done before. It worked this time. Second Life sometimes doesn't register clicks, so try everything a few times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Boopies (toy collectables) are starting to get more complicated as there are multiple in different places this winter (and possibly one somewhere that hasn't been mentioned yet, as the highest number is #11 and only ten have been announced). So here's a summary of what's known so far and people can add any others as they're found. This is sometimes a Linden Homes topic and sometimes not, but mods can kick the thread around wherever it needs to be.

Halloween 2023: #1 Spooky Cat, #2 Ghosty, #3 Hoots and #4 Batcat.

Premium Plus Gift Winter 2023: #8 Abominable Buddy

Premium Gift Winter 2023: #9 Reindeer

Winter Snowflake Hunt 2023: #10 Snowman, #6 Nessie in a Bowl and #7 Snowflake.

Christmas Expo 2023: #11 Chilly

Where is number 5?

• Moles
2 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

You can't accidentally destroy anything and they're copy so you have fresh clones to experiment on in your inventory! You can explode them and keep them. You can have it all!

I would say that the thing that worked was something I'd tried before. I put the boxes and the boopies through a lot of experiments when I first got them. But as Patch confirmed it was a thing, I thought I'd give it another go and repeat the things I'd done before. It worked this time. Second Life sometimes doesn't register clicks, so try everything a few times.

The randomness is, in this case, intentional.    If you fiddle with it enough, sooner or later it'll blow up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Someone needs to post pictures of these Bloopies.  I only have the Premium Reindeer gift one so far.  I didn't do the Halloween Hunt, so I've not seen those prizes and I don't have a Premium Plus account to be able to see that one.  I am going to do the Snowflake Hunt and go to the Expo, so eventually I will get those.

Here is the animesh version of the Reindeer -- soooo cute

1fd121b4659569b458335c7b08cdc948.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3