Boopies!

Polenth Yue

9 hours ago, Stable Mum said:

Thanks for the list! I couldn't complete the first batch over Halloween, very sadly, because it was too time intensive.

Same for me.  I'm still hoping I can at least get the lowest number in the Snowflake hunt, but not sure about the others.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 5:01 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Same for me.  I'm still hoping I can at least get the lowest number in the Snowflake hunt, but not sure about the others.

I'd happily toss money at a donation vendor to collect them, maybe after waiting a year or something to honor those who took the time to collect them first? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stable Mum said:

I'd happily toss money at a donation vendor to collect them, maybe after waiting a year or something to honor those who took the time to collect them first? 

Yeah, it'd be neat if there was some way to collect the ones I don't have from the Halloween hunt.  Didn't really have time to hunt during Halloween, though, more importantely, even if I had, I hadn't realized, at that time, how I'd get into collecting Boopies.

Boopies tend to have a much smaller land impact than Linden Bears.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PJBear Bitey said:

Yeah, it'd be neat if there was some way to collect the ones I don't have from the Halloween hunt.  Didn't really have time to hunt during Halloween, though, more importantely, even if I had, I hadn't realized, at that time, how I'd get into collecting Boopies.

I feel the same way. If I had known that the Boopies were going to be a recurring thing at events and holidays, and that I would start liking to collect them,  then I would have tried harder to get them at the Halloween hunt.

But I didn't find the Halloween ones very cute at the time, so I didn't bother to get them. I like the Christmas ones better, which made me want to collect them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, xViXeNx71 said:

I feel the same way. If I had known that the Boopies were going to be a recurring thing at events and holidays, and that I would start liking to collect them,  then I would have tried harder to get them at the Halloween hunt.

But I didn't find the Halloween ones very cute at the time, so I didn't bother to get them. I like the Christmas ones better, which made me want to collect them.

I have had similar thoughts but the baby reindeer (free gift to Premium members) is the cutest thing going so I have forgotten about the others.  He bounces around and emits baby bleats and bubbles every minute or so.  It is just tooooooooooo adorable.  The baby bleats are so cute that my daughter came into the kitchen from another room to see what sort of creature she was hearing.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New boopie alert! There's a boopie you can send to your true love from the Isle of View! Or yourself, which is what I did. There's a special little kiosk and the boopie looks like a heart. The instructions say they'll be shutting it down before Valentines, which means most likely sometime on the 13th at the latest. The boopies will be sent on the 14th.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Isle of View 2/87/81/107

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 7:26 AM, Polenth Yue said:

New boopie alert! There's a boopie you can send to your true love from the Isle of View! Or yourself, which is what I did. There's a special little kiosk and the boopie looks like a heart. The instructions say they'll be shutting it down before Valentines, which means most likely sometime on the 13th at the latest. The boopies will be sent on the 14th.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Isle of View 2/87/81/107

Not long left to order the Valentines 2024 boopie! Visit the link! Put your name/your friend's names into the kiosk!

• Like 3

On 2/12/2024 at 12:35 AM, Polenth Yue said:

Not long left to order the Valentines 2024 boopie! Visit the link! Put your name/your friend's names into the kiosk!

Mine turned up. Boopheart comes in red and pink and is #12. Still no sightings of #5.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Boopie alarm time again! According to the event book for the upcoming anniversary, you can win a special boopie for taking part in the flower hunt. It's for 650+ flowers, so I assume they're random spawns like the snowflakes. Could this be boopie #5 for the 5th year?

The event is April 2nd to April 30th at the fairgrounds (though the island has been expanded to four regions for this).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

In the transcript of Abnor's opening speech, was this line: "And this Wednesday will be the Crab Crawl Run Race, where you can get your own special limited edition Crab Boopie!"

I hope it's just a different path to the same boopie. There's limited (you need to take part at some point during the month) and limited (you must be there at noon on this day). It's nice if getting them is open to people regardless of timezones and work schedules.

Anyway, #5 and #13 are unaccounted for right now.

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

In the transcript of Abnor's opening speech, was this line: "And this Wednesday will be the Crab Crawl Run Race, where you can get your own special limited edition Crab Boopie!"

I hope it's just a different path to the same boopie. There's limited (you need to take part at some point during the month) and limited (you must be there at noon on this day). It's nice if getting them is open to people regardless of timezones and work schedules.

Anyway, #5 and #13 are unaccounted for right now.

Oh I really, really hope they are not doing a Boopie that can only be gotten by doing the race.  That definitely seems extremely unfair to those whose schedules will not allow them to participate in that race.

There is no way my boss is going to allow me to skip work so that I can go do a crab race in a virtual world so that I can get a virtual collector item.

ETA:  However, after seeing another post, it does sound like they might really be giving out a special Boopie just to the race participants. If so, I am highly disappointed in whoever made that decision.
From the Bellisseria 5th anniversary thread:

image.thumb.png.c9d7d14a81bd623983fdc3556115509b.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Oh I really, really hope they are not doing a Boopie that can only be gotten by doing the race.  That definitely seems extremely unfair to those whose schedules will not allow them to participate in that race.

There is no way my boss is going to allow me to skip work so that I can go do a crab race in a virtual world so that I can get a virtual collector item.

ETA:  However, after seeing another post, it does sound like they might really be giving out a special Boopie just to the race participants. If so, I am highly disappointed in whoever made that decision.
From the Bellisseria 5th anniversary thread:

image.thumb.png.c9d7d14a81bd623983fdc3556115509b.png

I'm disappointed in LL and Abnor.

I'll be having an emergency dental visit during the race, so . . ..

(as an aside, I saw that sign earlier today, and I misread it as "special male gift for participants". My eyes aren't that great.)

• Haha 1

• Moles

Hey guys, just for clarification... the Lab and LDPW aren't running the events. These decisions are all ultimately done by the committee. BUT, my understanding is that the special Boopie for the Crab Crawl will be available to everyone, not just to those who run the race at the day and time of the event. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

13 hours ago, PJBear Bitey said:

(as an aside, I saw that sign earlier today, and I misread it as "special male gift for participants". 

And, Abnor, the "special male gift"?  I think a lot of residents would be interested in a special male.

😜

• Haha 7