Share Your LaraX Updated Items

Ceka Cianci

11 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I have only seen one creator use the term "skinned" which was in the past couple of weeks and it seemed extremely odd to me. I've been buying rigged jewelry for years and never seen it called that before.

Yep I thought it was wild when I saw Sigma called it skinned. Lo and behold, Kunglers did it too. Maybe it is the next word for jewelry 'skin tight'?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I love this necklace from Yummy for LaraX. Surprisingly it was released I think within a few days of the body's release.

yummy.png.950fadd2cbe4cbca69041db11725b30d.png

I love that the locket actually works and can hold two pics.

I got it in C88, but I did not post it here, it was so busy for me in December.

SL is a luxury I have very little time for up to Christmas. I don't even have time to go to advent calendars with store credit gifts.

26 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Astralia Royal Soiree gown updated for LaraX, with special colours only 60L each for the weekend. It has animated glitter, very pretty.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Astralia/101/188/41

Astralia - Royal Soiree @Uber

I love how Astralia has weekend offers for LaraX. The last 3 or 4 weekends?

Such a lovely gown. Very classy. 😍

• Like 5

On 1/6/2024 at 9:55 AM, Marianne Little said:

Pretty lingerie at Reborn event. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/eBody/22/104/23

It says Maitreya X, so I suppose they mean LaraX. I have not had time to demo yet, I took the demo with me and will demo later.

Ecru Couture. That store is new to me.

rebo_001.png

If this is the one from Ecru, I never got an answer if the tops and bottoms are separate items in the full version. In the demo they are linked, something I generally dislike (like when tops and skirts are one item, ugh).

Love Ecru .. a bit sometimes too edgy/modelesque, but most outfits quite unique. I consider Mimikri Ecru's less edgy but amazing mod sister.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

49 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

If this is the one from Ecru, I never got an answer if the tops and bottoms are separate items in the full version. In the demo they are linked, something I generally dislike (like when tops and skirts are one item, ugh).

Love Ecru .. a bit sometimes too edgy/modelesque, but most outfits quite unique. I consider Mimikri Ecru's less edgy but amazing mod sister.

That is disappointing, if all is linked. I haven't got around to buy it yet.

Edit: Gosh, I love that store. I found 2 outfits on the MP that has LaraX.

A good thing that I haven't bought from them... I have no Lara 5.3 sizes already, no need for updates.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

C88 has a bunch of new LaraX stuff out, including something for the Poison Rouge lovers (no PetiteX though). A few designers are offering both OG Maitreya and LaraX if the vendor ads are correct.   The Pixicat jacket is CUTE.

There are still a few holdouts.  Ison is not participating this month #sadface

poisonrougeX_001.png

pixicatx_001.png

• Like 5

Maitreya has updated their thigh high boots. I do not think I own them, I did not like the metal heel?

Anyway, I am in need of thigh high boots that's 'lady-like'. Maybe I buy them, you who have them, get your update.

Gyazo

More thigh high by Nardcotix. I think I haven't been in that store for years and years. Nice to see stores that survives so long.

NX-Nardcotix Jeriel TH Boot for UBER

• Like 4

I do not like it when the ads only say Maitreya. How can we know if it is Lara 5.3 or LaraX?

I would not know that it's LaraX in the ad from Nardcotix. It says so under the Flickr image, but if I see the ad and just the ad, I think it is 5.3.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I do not like it when the ads only say Maitreya. How can we know if it is Lara 5.3 or LaraX?

I would not know that it's LaraX in the ad from Nardcotix. It says so under the Flickr image, but if I see the ad and just the ad, I think it is 5.3.

Mhmm, unless it says X I either check to see what's in the demo pack before downloading that, or simply assume it's classic lara and move on without trying. Creators need to be specific in their visual promos, please.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Mhmm, unless it says X I either check to see what's in the demo pack before downloading that, or simply assume it's classic lara and move on without trying. Creators need to be specific in their visual promos, please.

Make it easy for me to spend money... if I leave a vendor, it's not sure I return. I have limited time in SL, and I often forget things I see and get interested in.

It's a lot of work to make the images again, but they could make a single texture 'updated for LaraX' and slap a prim with the text on the corner of the ad.

Maitreya has lots of vendors with a text, that the clothes will be updated for X. It looks like prims added over the vendors.

I was in a store I knew had updated a necklace and I inspected several  demos to see the content of them. Some had X, some not. But what they had in common, was no information on the vendors. I saw a necklace I really, really wanted. Maybe I remember to go back.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I'm really not enjoying this transition period, I'll tell ya that much. 🤣

I'm pretty much the opposite of you right now. I walk right by things that are labeled Lara X, mostly because I know if I buy it, I won't be touching it for months (or longer) and by then, I'll forget I own it entirely. I just don't have the wardrobe to accessorize outfits properly yet. I did wind up buying one of the gowns Astralia had out for Happy Weekend (thanks Stephanie!), ONLY because it has glitter, but was suuuuper disappointed it only included X (I know, I know, designers should not have to rig for both, but stillll). For a minute, I did consider skipping it.

Instead, I'll just toss it into the pile of things I won't be wearing until next year, if that. At this rate, it'd be easier for me to just stay male all year until things catch up. Option 2 is to bite the bullet and switch to Legacy, which...might not be the worst option considering my entire inventory would stay the same (this is why I don't buy separate body packs) and that would actually open more doors to Legacy-exclusive shops. HMMMM.

Grrr. Decisions.

dont-want-to-whining.gif

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Option 2 is to bite the bullet and switch to Legacy, which...might not be the worst option considering my entire inventory would stay the same (this is why I don't buy separate body packs) and that would actually open more doors to Legacy-exclusive shops. HMMMM.

Grrr. Decisions.

dont-want-to-whining.gif

I have started to buy body packs. So the oposite of you. Even if so many fatpack colors/patterns will never be used.

I have Legacy Percy collecting dust. It was a mistake, Perky is dropped by many. I should have bought Legacy, it was not hard to make the boobs small enough for me. Stores with only Legacy and Reborn, Waifu and the other big boob options, does not have Perky. Small breasts appear to go out of fashion.

Bonniebots show a lot of Rebody deformers, Nadu is the one on top, one of five have a Nadu knee fix. And several deformers for butt down and smaller butt. People buy Reborn, and do what they can to make the butt smaller. I think I will never buy Reborn, but I have said many things before and...

• Like 3

Not sure what I am allowed to say without being regarded as advertising, since I am blogging for them - but Justice have updated a lot of their stuff to include LaraX and PetiteX. Their Infinity Project is well worth checking out - I just love the simple things like being able to use the belt from one pair of jeans on the others (if I do not like the included one).

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, taisiyakarpenko said:

Not sure what I am allowed to say without being regarded as advertising, since I am blogging for them - but Justice have updated a lot of their stuff to include LaraX and PetiteX. Their Infinity Project is well worth checking out - I just love the simple things like being able to use the belt from one pair of jeans on the others (if I do not like the included one).

I love Justice and have picked up some of the LaraX updates from them :)  The Infinity Project is awesome -- it's great knowing things have been rigged to work with each other.

• Like 2