Share Your LaraX Updated Items

Ceka Cianci

5 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Just Because (update gowns please!!!)

Yes please.

Also, I noticed Hilly Haalan has a sale on, and LaraX stuffs in it!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

It would also be helpful if some of the stores that are updating have clear labels on the items that are updated (or, a clearly-labeled sections). I was at the store last weekend of a brand that has been releasing clothes for LaraX at events, and updating a few of their older styles. I looked around for a while and couldn't figure out which styles had been updated.

One of the brands you have mentioned has been putting in their notes at Facebook for the weekend sales a disclaimer that even though they may be releasing new colors for an older product, that your preferred body may not have been released when the product was created, so don't be mad that the body hasn't been included!

Or made new displays at the front of the store or a dedicated LaraX section to show off what's new or updated. Agreed.

Sadly Facebook is no help to me at all (social media in general, in fact).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

I have no idea how difficult it is to "re-rig" a previously made mesh for LaraX,

Not that hard in my opinion (assuming a professional doing it), having just converted a few of my items from Lara to LaraX. One of which did actually involve re-rigging (which is really arranging the skeleton and joint controls, not fitting clothing or skin to that skeleton rig which is really called skinning*1). In fact it took a lot less time than I expected. I'm a very part-time amateur and have to relearn everything every time I do it, but it took me less than a day to be happy with the fit of my mertail, responding perfectly to all the sliders etc. when I thought it might take a week. That included uploading, testing, rinse-and-repeat until happy, and making the sales packs and adverts.

I don't make clothes but the process is no different (in fact it's somewhat harder*2 for both rigging and skinning a mertail!). The other items took less time than that but only involved reskinning to the new LaraX model and some tweaking of the mesh and weighting.

The issue is, I think, simply that sellers obviously make more sales and money by making new items than refitting existing items to new bodies, especially when many customers will expect that LaraX version as a free update to their Lara version. Personally I see free updates as a very nice bonus, unless it's to fix faults with a product.

*1 Edit to add: Not getting on your case about rigging vs. skinning; practically everyone thinks it's all called rigging. I often just call it that myself to avoid confusion. In this case though, I had to do both steps to recreate the tail skeleton in the right place.

*2 Although I don't have to deal with armpits. Armpits are a pain.

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not exactly the right thread for this, but I'll ask anyway - I'm missing two essential wardrobe items for the Lara X: A plain tube dress, and especially jeans with a low waist. Yeah yeah I know ultra high waist is fashionable right now but I need those 90s ones that barely cling to my hips. :P

Has anyone seen either? Preferably with modify perms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

It's not exactly the right thread for this, but I'll ask anyway - I'm missing two essential wardrobe items for the Lara X: A plain tube dress, and especially jeans with a low waist. Yeah yeah I know ultra high waist is fashionable right now but I need those 90s ones that barely cling to my hips. :P

Not sure they're low enough but both Bumblebee and Friday have lower-waisted jeans that look really nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

Aucune description de photo disponible.Peut être un dessin de 4 personnes

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Riot has some 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Zaara has her Dahlia dress on sale for FLF.  If you've previously purchased, grab a redelivery.  It's also been updated for Reborn!  Thank you, thank you, Zaara!

{Zaara} @  Fifty Linden Friday

I got both. It's gorgeous!

• Like 1

ISON x Saturday Sale / March 2024

2 color packs on sale for 100L each for the Saturday Sale (March 30th). Other color packs are discounted to 160L each. There's also a deluxe pack. Lara X and Petite X sizes included.

Edited by EmmaAsht0n
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anyone seen any one piece bathing suits yet? I have two really nice bikinis for X, but a nice one piece is still on my list of must haves.

Plus, really need JB to get one or two more gowns out in a simple style. Grabbed Marilyn but need one more.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 12:43 PM, Rowan Amore said:

I'm hoping she updates these sandals to.go with all the new and updated items I've recently acquired...

Zaara : Kolhapuri Sandals

I don't understand why sandals would need to be updated. The feet and hands are the same for Maitreya Lara and LaraX.

Maybe this was an early April Fools joke?

24 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don't understand why sandals would need to be updated. The feet and hands are the same for Maitreya Lara and LaraX.

Maybe she means the length of the footbed. I made a shape where I lengthened the feet, and the older sandals do not adjust. I'm taller than many female avatars here in Sl, and the tiny feet remind me of bound feet. The proportion is off. I have two sets of Zaara sandals that I do not wear anymore because of this. I hope she updates them as well, as they are beautiful.

Edited by Cougar Sangria
Added a sentence.
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Updated for Reborn, sorry.  She's updated all the things she's updated for LaraX for Reborn, also.

• Thanks 2

Not really 'updates', but .. Some stuff I got today/last night.

7db456387d670a69eb0d148c04e9436e.png

Top & skirt from Rebel Pill on sale. Boots from Utopia@Design.

9d9bfdc1ae9e8f02998d5a010ea538ec.png

Denim shorts and top from Erratic, shorts on sale.

6f44c61a9e0b01b5d02e6adacc423a61.png

Outfit from Lowen at Level.

• Like 5

Not an update, but Vagrant has a $L 300 store credit gift at the Belli Birthday event and finally has 1 LaraX outfit. It's 3 pieces for $L 299 each, separate for each mesh body size with a color HUD for each. The jeans are high-waisted, narrow leg, nicely made and should fit with many other tops and shoes. The top is a nice sports bra type. The 3rd piece is a shirt worn tied around the waist.

Tachinni ($L 15 group join) is also having an Easter egg hunt worth $L 350 in store credit. The credit works on several LaraX outfits in the store. Unused store credit won't expire.

If you belong to the Salt and Pepper group ($L300  group join fee), they have a limited time group gift with a $L 300 store credit gift hidden inside it. I used mine on a new Aquasense bikini that fits LaraX for sale at one of the events. Their newer items are also sold separately for each mesh body size with a color/ texture HUD. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
to add

On 4/1/2024 at 5:26 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Isn't there a *tiny* difference around the upper heel area?

I thought there was, there's definitely differences in the lower legs so for some shoes the LaraX version won't fit Lara 5.3 well/vice-versa but yeah... I might be imagining the tiny difference in the heel thing, I notice a teeny tiny almost unnoticeable clipping when wearing "LaraX" strappy sandals on 5.3 though but that might just be those particular sandals.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1