Women's expectations: Unrealistic

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

So there's a good example of unrealistic expectations. That all threads should be for complaining about the issues women have while dismissing the men's issues (or trying to take it off topic), even while there's already threads for that. 

So it does happen in SL, or at least on the SL forums, after all.

I'm not dismissing Men's Issues, I'm disputing your stats. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

It is, and it gets repeated all over Reddit on the daily by people who've never even looked at it, just heard about it secondhand and thirdhand and fourthhand. It's the telephone game of statistics, but there's a whole contingent of people who think it's real trufax and proves something about every woman in existence.

Oof, I fully believe it. Remember the OKCupid subreddit? Man, even that was a dumpster fire. I can't speak for how OKCupid is today and maybe it's been cleaned up, but back when both it and POF were popping off, it was really bad.

I'll let the guys on the forum answer the OP based on their own experiences, but I don't think it's accurate to compare gender relations in SL to a dating site like that. The scene just feels entirely different from what I remember anyhow (unless the app's changed for the better since then).

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I'm not dismissing Men's Issues, I'm disputing your stats. 

You're disputing one specific stat in a vacuum while ignoring the overall question. Another person is dismissing the entire thread at all and trying to get it locked.

Personally I think this sort of reaction actually validates asking the question. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's a good point, but what does that look like here? What would be considered a high expectation for SL?

That's what I'm confused about, I suppose. I prefer non-human avatars and am drawn to horror or dark fantasy appearances. Is that unreasonable? Am I the baddie? 

drama-rpdr.gif

I don't think I was calling anyone the baddy..I just think that it's not so one sided when it comes to expectations and that there is more ways to sunday these days to get an ego boost, than ever before..

Let alone the drive nowadays to get attention, be it through likes or whatever.. Also remember to,Press that like button and don't forget to subscribe to my channel for more of me reacting to people reacting to other people reacting to movies they are watching.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

We have stats that show that in other forms of online social interactions, women's expectations and standards are completely unrealistic.

I like that info I saw in videos recently that showed most women were looking for men not just "above average" in looks, etc. but also "high salary".

So from that point of view, yeah..just yeah.

• Like 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I like that info I saw in videos recently that showed most women were looking for men not just "above average" in looks, etc. but also "high salary".

So from that point of view, yeah..just yeah.

What info? What videos? If they're someone's random TikToks, they're not the gospel. I swear to all the gods old and new, women are out there dating average-looking, average-earning dudes all the time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

What info? What videos? If they're someone's random TikToks, they're not the gospel. I swear to all the gods old and new, women are out there dating average-looking, average-earning dudes all the time.

LOL!

No need to provide proof. I am not saying they are "the truth", I am just accepting the reasonable assumption that it is "a thing".

Calm down, Bro and/or Miss.

LOL

2 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I swear to all the gods old and new, women are out there dating average-looking, average-earning dudes all the time.

..didn't say they aren't.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't think I was calling anyone the baddy..I just think that it's not so one sided when it comes to expectations and that there is more ways to sunday these days to get an ego boost, than ever before..

Let alone the drive nowadays to get attention, be it through likes or whatever.. Also remember to,Press that like button and don't forget to subscribe to my channel for more of me reacting to people reacting to other people reacting to movies they are watching.. hehehe

Oh, I didn't mean you were calling me a baddie, Ceka! *hugs* I just meant in relation to the question in the OP about high expectations. 😄 

Fantasy avatars tend to cost more than human - therefore, I demand my mens be rich AND purple! 👀😂

Lemme stop trolling before Paul gets mad at me (I'm just kidding around, Paul, lol - I think it's a fair question once narrowed down a bit).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm not into guys only women, I'm a butch lesbian who uses a Male avatar, I'm only into women. I have way too much trauma from the male gender to even trust men for personal reasons. Most men I have come across online only want Sex nothing more just recently my best friend online and in real life was getting to know a guy and she is Ace (Asexual) and doesn't want sexual relationships. She has found out no matter how hard men try to get with her once they figure out, she is Asexual they ghost her. I feel like the male population doesn't need to rely on sexual desires. It is not needed at all, the good old days of gentlemen are gone because Gen Z just think sex is all people care about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

You're disputing one specific stat in a vacuum while ignoring the overall question. Another person is dismissing the entire thread at all and trying to get it locked.

Personally I think this sort of reaction actually validates asking the question. 

Any thread that encourages an "us" vs "them" is inevitably going to get locked.  People will flock to it and have fun while it lasts, some people will take it seriously, some will use it to climb atop their soap boxes and talk about completely unrelated things, some will post pictures of cats, popcorn, sometimes cats eating popcorn,  it usually just leads to a bit of pandemonium that some enjoy for its brief existence.  Then when it is gone, we will all head over to the peeved thread, complain about the thread, the mods will delete a few posts there and warn people to get back on track until the next "us" vs "them" thread pops up.

You know this Paul 😜

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Any thread that encourages an "us" vs "them" is inevitably going to get locked.  People will flock to it and have fun while it lasts, some people will take it seriously, some will use it to climb atop their soap boxes and talk about completely unrelated things, some will post pictures of cats, popcorn, sometimes cats eating popcorn,  it usually just leads to a bit of pandemonium that some enjoy for its brief existence.  Then when it is gone, we will all head over to the peeved thread, complain about the thread, the mods will delete a few posts there and warn people to get back on track until the next "us" vs "them" thread pops up.

You know this Paul 😜

I'm taking a gamble based on the fact that the other one didn't get locked. It made some good points and fostered some good discussion. This one could too!

Locking this one and not that other one would be straight up sexism!

Edited by Paul Hexem
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

... the entire process of meeting women a totally skewed, uphill battle for most men.

I know men who sang about it :

" S3x ...  ist eine Slacht.

Liebe ... ist Krieg."

*sound of gun reloading* - Rammstein - Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen ?!

I also know these men don't take themselves all too seriously.

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

You know this Paul 😜

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I have only two expectations, really, from the men I interact with -- in RL, or in SL -- and they're the same that I expect from women.

I expect to be treated with respect or, at the very least, civility.

And I expect them to judge me, if judge they must, for who I am, and not who they wish I was.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

I'm taking a gamble based on the fact that the other one didn't get locked. It made some good points and fostered some good discussion. This one could too!

Locking this one and not that other one would be straight up sexism!

I'm surprised that one has lasted as long as it has,  If this one does not last, the next thread to be considered should be "lowered expectations"  

It might last a bit longer :D

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I can only speak from personal experience, and I recognize my bias in it, but, yes, I think women can be pickier than men in SL.  I have no stats, at all.

The number of "any warm body will do" men I've met inworld far outweighs the number of women looking for the same thing.  I don't care about the gender behind the screen or avatar appearance since everyone can look like ther perfect ideal person inworld.

I am not picky with friendships at all, though. 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Recently there was a thread about women experiencing creepy men, and it was rightly pointed out that the counterpoints, the issues men experience in the interactions, were a little off topic for it.

So in the context of dating and/or meeting other people, the question is, do men in SL experience the same issues as other online dating platforms?

We have stats that show that in other forms of online social interactions, women's expectations and standards are completely unrealistic. It makes the entire process of meeting women a totally skewed, uphill battle for most men. Does that carry over to SL or is it less prevalent here?

Theresa Tennyson looks up, then over to the left.

Snowflakes are fallin' early this year. Huh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.