Women's expectations: Unrealistic

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The source in this case is secondary to the validity of the points raised and to what degree any particular person can acknowledge that they may be engaging any of those unrealistic expectations or whether they are even unrealistic.

9 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

When I read the article, I don't see anything backing up the "points" other than the "source" saying them. So, in this case, the "source" IS the "points."

You are the source backing up one or more of the points, to whatever degree you feel you might have any of those unrealistic expectations. If you don't have any of them, then my post is not for you. Simple really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

A piece of rubber works also.. I actually have a thing that is made of rubber that is meant for opening jars..

Another also has a handle for the ones that I can't really open myself without help.. It works really good and i use it more than anything just because it's so much easier.:)

I used to use one of these:

inspire-uplift-easy-grip-jar-opener-defa

And in looking for the above image I discovered what a kitchen utensil that was given to me is actually for!

Jar-Wrench.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I used to use one of these:

inspire-uplift-easy-grip-jar-opener-defa

And in looking for the above image I discovered what a kitchen utensil that was given to me is actually for!

Jar-Wrench.jpg

Mine with the handle is more like the one on the bottom.. It works really good..

The jars that really give me a hard time are those damn big pickle jars. You'd think one of those terminator robots got a job in a pickle factory tightening jars or something..

hehehe

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ted McGregor said:

You just bang the jar on the bottom and turn the lid off ... Is it really THAT difficult ? :|

Yup, I did that too for a while, until that jar of mayo decided to break at the bottom .....
With more luck than wisdom, I had not a single scratch on my hands, but cleaning the floor took a while.
Now I use sanding paper.

• Like 1

Seems like problems and challenges should be different here. Anyone can look however they want. What is left is your personality and how you interact with others. If you're a nice, engaging person, I don't think you'll have trouble here. Try the Thundr app. If you aren't able to meet women, I think the approach should be examined. Figure out how to make a sincere connection with someone, the rest should come easy after that.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Or that she had an unrealistic expectation that she was sufficient for all his needs and he wouldn't wander?

LOL

Yes. His affair was undoubtedly her fault, because, well, "man have appetites, need to sew their wild oats," etc., right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

There's actually a psychological term that I can't remember for when people have too many choices so they continue trying to get the best at the cost of a good option. A few analysts have applied it to modern online dating.

You're referring to the Choice Overload Bias or The Paradox of Choice I believe. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

How did we get several women arguing with each other in a thread addressed to men?

Sure, but in the meantime it's become a really useful thread for those of us who have trouble opening jars! Which is actually a more real problem than women's "unreasonable expectations."

Me? I have "unreasonable expectations" that jars designed to be opened can be opened by anyone with even moderately strong hands.

Priorities, Persephone, priorities!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have "unreasonable expectations" that jars designed to be opened can be opened by anyone with even moderately strong hands.

If it were easy to open, the seal wouldn't protect the contents from the air and it'd spoil faster.

We can officially close the thread as the question has been answered, women do have unreasonable expectations!

My job here is finished.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

My

I don't want to appear too picky with unrealistic expectations, but I find your forum pic of a weird looking griefer kind of...creepy.

* If you're concerned about getting dates, this might be one place to start -- that pic.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

We're talking jars, Arielle, not "cans."

Please pay more attention.

(ALTHOUGH, actually, a discussion about how to get really crappy can openers to work properly would also be useful!)

Ok well since i had an unrealistic expectation people could make the jump, here is a jar of parasitic worms in a easy to open jar instead :)

worms-07_custom-f964c5e66eb22577b0ba0e0a

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

We can officially close the thread as the question has been answered, women do have unreasonable expectations!

My job here is finished.

I do find it amusing that so few men joined in to agree with that, though. Perhaps it's not a position many on here hold.

Or, maybe they're just letting you take all the heat for saying that. 😏

chris-evans-not-going-there.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.