Farewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Ian Mercury said:

I'm leaving this forum. I really don't like the way people react to each other here. All the best and have a nice Second Life.

Just ignore mean and insensitive responses is my advice, Ian.  They're probably just having bad gas this morning.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ian Mercury said:

I'm leaving this forum. I really don't like the way people react to each other here. All the best and have a nice Second Life.

Use the "ignore" feature to block all the mean people, then you get a much nicer version of the forums. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 8

Stick around, there are a lot of great people here, even the ones who disagree with you over certain topics.  Banlines and security orbs in general, are often very heated and people get very passionate over them, same with the threads encouraging any kind of change to how SL operates and are best to be avoided if you want to avoid heated discussions.  

13 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

its like any other forum, the in crowd gangs up and picks on the outsiders.

*waiting to be ganged up on* 😂

giphy-downsized-large.gif

/me prepares torch and pitchfork 😜

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Stick around, there are a lot of great people here, even the ones who disagree with you over certain topics.  Banlines and security orbs in general, are often very heated and people get very passionate over them, same with the threads encouraging any kind of change to how SL operates and are best to be avoided if you want to avoid heated discussions.  

/me prepares torch and pitchfork 😜

yes everyone seems to agree that SL is a mess and needs to be fixed, but any suggestions on how to fix it will be met with nooooo you cant do that, it will upset the status quo 

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added couple of words
  • Like 4

@BilliJo Aldrin

Yep, it gets really heated.  

/me looks around cautiously 

I would still like to see more builder's tools available, including the ability to build in mesh (I think voxels) in the world, an improved interface for dressing our avatars that can be interfaced with the marketplace to preview items, the list goes on and on.  Don't even get me started on how I would like to see phasing used to give people privacy on their property, while giving explorers the ability to explore without bothering anyone.  

/me runs away

giphy.gif

Beware the rabbits BilliJo! 

They got huge, sharp-- eh-- they can leap about-- look at the bones!

Edited by Istelathis
Reason for edit?¿ Cause I said so! 😜
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ian Mercury said:

Well, I hope you return after a break. There are a handful of very mean-spirited posters here but most people are nice. You can use the ignore function to block unpleasant people and walk away from the threads that get overly heated.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Ian Mercury said:

I'm really sorry to hear this, Ian.

Maybe stepping away for a bit might help? I've done that too.

Yes, there are . . . "difficult people" whom I wish I could better avoid here.

But there is also a lovely community of really nice people who make it all worthwhile. I've made many very real friendships here.

The point is, you've got over 1k posts here. You're part of that community, and one of the voices that makes it worthwhile. We're diminished without you, so I hope you'll reconsider.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Yep, it gets really heated.  

/me looks around cautiously 

I would still like to see more builder's tools available--

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've never really considered any forum regulars rude, mean, etc. Whatever way one wishes to word it. They are blunt, they have differing views at times and aren't afraid to state those views. That isn't' being rude or mean. It just seems that people have forgotten that people aren't always going to agree with them and that's perfectly okay. It is okay to express differing views and to discuss them without either party completely shutting down. At least that is how it should be.

I'm a sensitive person. Very sensitive. The great thing about this community is we all have freedom of choice to partake or not. I stick to threads that hold my interest and take part where I feel comfortable to do so. When I find myself getting a bit too emotionally invested in these forums, I take a break from them. It happens. Of course it is your choice whether you leave or not, but the forums are still a huge source of valuable information so perhaps use it as the tool it is meant to be. You don't have to take part in the forums if you are uncomfortable, but it would be a shame to throw away an entire site of information that actually helps more than it hinders. Most of the regulars here offer so much help to others and one another. I've gotten tons of help here over the years I've been part of this community. I guess I just see things differently. Of course there have been a few bad apples in the bunch over the years, but I find they are very few and far between.

You don't have to be bestfriends with us in the forum community to use the forums for your benefit. Just saying. I wish you well.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.