Kickin' it old skool (show off your vintage finery!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was encouraged by @Marigold Devin to start this thread. Find some pre-mesh clothes, high-prim furniture, and other old stuff that are lurking in your inventory and show them off. You can also throw in some old pictures of what your SL looked like from way back when. :D

Here's an old suit from Shiki complete with sculpty collar and cuffs.

vintageshiki.thumb.png.f6c12ab74e835dc23694d9c4f6e8b84a.png

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 19
  • Haha 1

Well, I still have loads of old stuff in my inventory, so this thread is right up my alley. I have chosen designers who are still active today, to show that they have always been talented.

• Tres Blah Sequin Dress, this is soooo well textured.
  • LAQ HB Updo (worn with an EvoX hairbase)
  • Zaara earrings and cuff

Snapshot_062.jpg

• Like 19

I wanted to cry when I went back in my Flickr and saw how much I had deleted of the hair and clothes a long time ago.

I tried to recreate looks, but it is gone... almost all of them. 😢

But I found one hat with hair. Guess when I bought it? in July 2011. That's old!

(fd) Flying Fortress - Blonde 7

No editing, just cropped.

plate shelf_017.png

• Like 21

Well, well, well... I found an outfit with so few parts that I had them all. 

*League* Gartered Bikini Sculpt -Blue (spine)
ZC : Rajasthani turban - red
p.c; Cheetah's Pride Set

I bought the turban 2009, the bikini 2010 and the necklace/earrings 2011.

plate shelf_018.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 13

Remember when fashion shows in SL were a big thing? Remember when Paper Couture was HUGE, and had a release cycle, with shows for the releases, and tons of hype?

This is a Paper Couture dress, hairstyle, and earrings, gee must be around 2007. I wish there were more mesh items in this sort of style.

Snapshot_063.png

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

I've worn this 3-piece plastic bracelet almost every day since 2010. 

Plastic Bracelet 2010.jpg

And the World's Largest Paintbrush was made in Jan 2007 and has been on display for many years in the basement at Egotherapy.

World's Largest Paintbrush.jpg

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 17

This was fun. Since I clean my inventory OFTEN and still have less than 70K after sixteen years including all my store and art stuff and LOTS of backups of backups --- I can't do completely "vintage" but everything here is a decade or more old.    OK  NOT my body LOL.  So not going there. 

image.thumb.png.33031881b889c5b0b76edd03d83f9516.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 16

5 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Bump 💥

Wondering if we're going to see Marigold's giant baby again 👶😂 Bonus points for any pics taken in the Arcadia Asylum launderette, or Freebie Galaxy 🙂

I was having a rummage late last night in my inventory and indeed found that ugly baby (why have I not got rid of it?! 😂). I must have chucked a load of stuff out. I could find lots of low prim stuff from Lokview, and an 8 prim house, but I was sure I'd got a ton of high prim things from Enkythings back in the day. Just looking through some stuff stored on DVDs etc from 2007/08, might help me find things in my inventory next time I'm logged in. 

Found a photo of me with friends at Enkythings 2nd January 2008. Everything was 1L$ or free and you would be paid randomly a few dollars while you walked around the store. (That's me in the middle.)

02.01.08 Sleeps, me and Beddown (as Lycan Fairey!).jpg

Found the giant babies! And an old fish tank with built in stereo (did we all have one?)

temp laugh.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I was two weeks into SL in this photo, back in April of 2021. IIRC the first person to critique a photo of mine was @Scylla Rhiadra. I was wearing this outfit in its original form, but that was a previous photo. I can't tell if I've improved in my SL photography, but whatever. :)

Everything I'm wearing here was assembled entirely with the starter avatars.

2023-07-31_05-33-18.jpg

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

I was two weeks into SL in this photo, back in April of 2021. IIRC the first person to critique a photo of mine was @Scylla Rhiadra. I was wearing this outfit in its original form, but that was a previous photo. I can't tell if I've improved in my SL photography, but whatever. :)

2023-07-31_05-33-18.jpg

Please tell me I said nice things! It's a lovely shot, especially for someone only 2 weeks in!

And yes, your photos have improved! (As have mine, thank god.)

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Then there was that time in early 2009 where I lost all sanity and got married

Lil Dress2

Definitely worth it just to wear that glorious gown. Stunning!

(Also, that could be another photo thread - wedding days, wedding gowns.)

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2023 at 4:02 AM, Marianne Little said:

I wanted to cry when I went back in my Flickr and saw how much I had deleted of the hair and clothes a long time ago.

I tried to recreate looks, but it is gone... almost all of them. 😢

But I found one hat with hair. Guess when I bought it? in July 2011. That's old!

(fd) Flying Fortress - Blonde 7

No editing, just cropped.

plate shelf_017.png

I have deleted so much of the old sculpties, flexis, and other old stuff as I thought system layers wouldn't make a comeback since the advent of mesh. I only kept a few stuff from designers I liked.

8 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Bump 💥

Wondering if we're going to see Marigold's giant baby again 👶😂 Bonus points for any pics taken in the Arcadia Asylum launderette, or Freebie Galaxy 🙂

I remember the Freebie Galaxy. I don't quite remember the Arcadia Asylum; are they still around?

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Then there was that time in early 2009 where I lost all sanity and got married

Lil Dress2

Sounds like you had a wild time in Vegas. ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JeromFranzic said:

2023-07-31_05-33-18.jpg

You looked fabulous! The way you put this outfit together so well, I wouldn't have guessed they all came from the Linden Library.

• Like 4

Hard to believe this was over 10 years ago.

My favorite profile shot of all time. Catwa flexi hair and one of my favorite dresses. I can't seem to remember the name of the creator. Pixel something .. maybe Pixel Dolls??? She made the prettiest lace dresses.

blushportraitsep11.png.e58f92cbcf3de5e383f747b50252ddd4.png

And here with my best friend and long time partner. This was the beginning of my love of tattoos.

az_blush_june_2012_4x3.thumb.png.fb5e031f065e38bf6b1a48ac3b56c341.png

Ahhhh the days of pre-mesh. We didn't look so bad!! :P

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I remember the Freebie Galaxy. I don't quite remember the Arcadia Asylum; are they still around?

Freebie Galaxy is 🙂 I still ❤ it, I think LL should make it a listed sim! There was a place inworld where you could get all of Arcadia's builds for free (which is what she wanted)...I'm not sure if it's still around but I hope so, as the ones that appear on Marketplace are sometimes sold for a profit against her wishes.

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

There was a place inworld where you could get all of Arcadia's builds for free (which is what she wanted)...I'm not sure if it's still around but I hope so, as the ones that appear on Marketplace are sometimes sold for a profit against her wishes.

Arcadia's work can still be seen on the original location where it all started, yet much of her stuff seems gone or is no longer availiable or the spot is being redone.

What Arcadia did there herself is mostly gone I'm afraid .. :|

love_001.png

love_001.jpg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Calleta/201/227/32

love_002.jpg

If you are interested in obtaining her freebies ( and those of Aley Arai, her subsequent avatar supplying meshes to the masses ) :

love_009.thumb.jpg.33a9b8e2cd9a063f8fb14d30935121b9.jpg

Arcadia Asylum Library & Aleymart Freebie Center

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.