Kickin' it old skool (show off your vintage finery!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was trying to find cute photos of my avatar(s), but didn't have much luck, for another thread. Found this one I like from 2013. Wearing pyjamas made by my favourite pyjama maker back in the day. The cat is still alive and kicking in my inventory. I get her out from time to time to check her. 

temp laugh.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I threw out most of my old stuff, but I'll have a look through my inventory and see if there is any of it left.  When I started in SL, one of my favourite outfits consisted of black slacks and a white top, both decorated with lace and embroidered tulips (well, they were supposed to be embroidered, but they looked like they were painted on).  I might still have it........

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Helen Zenovka said:

I threw out most of my old stuff, but I'll have a look through my inventory and see if there is any of it left.  When I started in SL, one of my favourite outfits consisted of black slacks and a white top, both decorated with lace and embroidered tulips (well, they were supposed to be embroidered, but they looked like they were painted on).  I might still have it........

Well, I found it, and the outfit is called Tulip, as are the jacket, shirt and slacks, but the flower pattern doesn't look much like a tulip unless you use your imagination.  Also, the lace pattern at the foot of the legs wasn't as obvious as I recall it being.  Nevertheless, I still like it.  I probably got it around 2007 or 2008, and I haven't worn it for a decade at least.  As with a lot of old outfits on mesh bodies, you need to wear BOM add-on parts unless you want it to look like your nipples are standing to attention.

Here it is:

Snapshot.thumb.png.9a578038ff9df96b5a469108d99b2252.png

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

At last I found what used to be my favourite hair, haven't worn it for more than a decade (and even typing that makes me feel really weird). I loved the way it "felt" when I wore it, the way it swished around my body even just with the slightest movement caused by my AO. Wasn't even aware back then how it cut right into my avatar's body. It had lots of colour options too. 

swishy 1.jpg

swishy 3.jpg

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.