LaraX?

Rowan Amore
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/25/2023 at 3:07 AM, Annie Nova said:

So, I've already received a notice from one of my all time favorite creators that informed us that they will be dropping Lara and Lara Petite to focus on LaraX and PetiteX. I was afraid this would happen and I was at Uber tonight, and noticed another creator only had Legacy and LaraX no Petite or PetiteX, so I'm wondering how many more creators will be dropping the old Lara in favor of the new one? 

I suspect that most creators will probably drop Lara in favour of LaraX (and Petite in favour of PetiteX) going forward. Some vendors may choose to support both for a limited time, but I can't see that happening indefinitely.

For example, almost all vendors have dropped support for Belleza's older bodies (Freya, Isia, and Venus), in favour of the new GenX bodies (Classic and Curvy). Similarly, nobody is still creating for the older eBody mesh bodies, in favour of Reborn.

• Like 6

On 11/25/2023 at 7:25 AM, Katherine Heartsong said:

Plus, you might even see the 5.3 stuff becoming cheaper in stores as Lara X gain momentum, just for the long tail sales profits for the creators. And if rigging for the new X is much easier, fashion comes even faster and more petite support, both pluses.

Yep, that is what this diehard freebie fashionista is hoping for! I have a number of female alts who wear the Maitreya Lara 5.3-compatible Lucybody Atenea mesh body, and I have no plans to update them. I endlessly shop for freebies for them at events like the Shop and Hop, and by taking advantage of stores with dozens of group gifts and a free or inexpensive group join, like Scandalize. Those Atenea bodies are going to have clothing and shoes for YEARS, people! 😉

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Yep, that is what this diehard freebie fashionista is hoping for! I have a number of female alts who wear the Maitreya Lara 5.3-compatible Lucybody Atenea mesh body, and I have no plans to update them. I endlessly shop for freebies for them at events like the Shop and Hop, and by taking advantage of stores with dozens of group gifts and a free or inexpensive group join, like Scandalize. Those Atenea bodies are going to have clothing and shoes for YEARS, people! 😉

Have you or others tried LaraX clothing on Atenea to see how they fit?

• Like 1

• Moles

Good morning, gang!

This is a good discussion but it would be much better without some of the abusive language that has been appearing occasionally. Disagreement is the heart of a good debate, but messages intended to provoke an angry or negative response are not welcome here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Have you or others tried LaraX clothing on Atenea to see how they fit?

Nope, I've had no time to try that out yet, but I had been trying old Lara 4.1/5.3 outfits on LaraX, and I have found that about 50% of it I can still be used, if I make good use of the LaraX alpha HUD. Things like T-shirts, bikinis, bars, panties and other skintight clothing, etc. will probably not work, but most clothing with full-length sleeves (or sleeveless!), full-length pants, and non-skintight skirts should all work okay (again, using the alpha HUD). And I expect the same to be true for the LucyBody Atenea mesh body.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vanity Fair said:

For example, almost all vendors have dropped support for Belleza's older bodies (Freya, Isia, and Venus), in favour of the new GenX bodies (Classic and Curvy).

In point of fact, it would be more accurate to say that most merchants had stopped supporting Freya and her sisters BEFORE the FailX Fiasco, because most of their customers didn't wear those bodies much if at all.

I know this because I found many of the stores were only supporting Lara, legacy, and kupra, and had dropped Freya..

Following the fads again, Then Reborn came out and Kupra got the short end of the stick, even though, at the time there were more kupra users than Reborn.

In addition, many of those who dropped Freya did NOT pick up FailX.

In reality, the dropping of one body and the adoption of another by a merchant has very little to do with "new is obviously better" and more to do with "well infamous fashionista blogs spammer Clueless.Nonentity said that blah blah blah is the next big thing, because they sent her a fat pack, free for doing so!".

I know there's at least one merchant who dropped bodies that STILL sell better for FailX a month BEFORE the launch, because they got sent the FailX fatpack free, a month or more before the launch, and they liked the huge ass.

1 hour ago, Vanity Fair said:

And I expect the same to be true for the LucyBody Atenea mesh body.

Ah the good old Lucybody "fits brand x clothing" thing...

"Hey everybody! If I stick this Italian breadstick in this size 12 gumboot, it FIITS! If I cover it with a hessian sack, close my eyes, and squint..."

33 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
2 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

For example, almost all vendors have dropped support for Belleza's older bodies (Freya, Isia, and Venus), in favour of the new GenX bodies (Classic and Curvy).

In point of fact, it would be more accurate to say that most merchants had stopped supporting Freya and her sisters BEFORE the FailX Fiasco, because most of their customers didn't wear those bodies much if at all.

Sadly, my female alt LoveXiaoying, still uses Freya. Only "sad" if your statement means I should switch.  Lazy lion is lazy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sadly, my female alt LoveXiaoying, still uses Freya. Only "sad" if your statement means I should switch.  Lazy lion is lazy.

I cover shopping events and weekend sales, and plenty of shops still do new releases for Freya. And there's years of back catalog for her. You could easily outfit an alt on what there is. I don't know how long that will be true for, but if you love the look stay with the body. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I have to say, this is the most entertaining thread I’ve seen on these forums in a looong time.

I'm especially fond of seeing how inventive the funny names for bodies a certain contributor doesn't like can be.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

I'm especially fond of seeing how inventive the funny names for bodies a certain contributor doesn't like can be.

I find it already funny that some creators aren't using the naming scheme of the body. Instead of using LaraX or LaraX Petite, it's already named by some Maitreya X Lara or Maitreya X Petite. I don't understand why some have such issues of using a given name scheme. The moment Maximilian of LOGO started to update his range to EVO X, I asked him what the name would be of the range, and that name is what I am using now for the shapes I made for his heads: LOGOX, not LOGO EVOX or LOGO V2.0 or whatever I could name them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dorientje Woller said:

I find it already funny that some creators aren't using the naming scheme of the body. Instead of using LaraX or LaraX Petite, it's already named by some Maitreya X Lara or Maitreya X Petite. I don't understand why some have such issues of using a given name scheme.

They're also using LX, LXP, MX, MXP etc on signage and even descriptions. LaraX is the right thing in my mind (and also makes MP search easier).

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

They're also using LX, LXP, MX, MXP etc on signage and even descriptions. LaraX is the right thing in my mind (and also makes MP search easier).

Bear in mind, that there's an upper limit to the names you can give an object.

So by the time you added the name of your brand, and the name of the outfit, and the name of which PART of the outfit it is, there might only be room for "ML" for a Maitreya Real Lara, or LE/LP for Legacy/Perky.

So what do you call the LardaX versions? LX/LPX/LPF, Xl/XP/XF, LX/PX/FX, or just call it NO?

26 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

Not funny because I actually went looking for merchants thinking they're band new stores only to find such stores do not exist.

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Bear in mind, that there's an upper limit to the names you can give an object.

So by the time you added the name of your brand, and the name of the outfit, and the name of which PART of the outfit it is, there might only be room for "ML" for a Maitreya Real Lara, or LE/LP for Legacy/Perky.

So what do you call the LardaX versions? LX/LPX/LPF, Xl/XP/XF, LX/PX/FX, or just call it NO?

Oh, really ... There is a skin creator, of whom I will not name, that has convulated her naming scheme in such way that you don't know that you have a skin for CATWA HDPro, Genus, Genus 4K, EVO X, which makes it dang hard to shift through all the skins you have of that creator and test them each time if it's the skin for such heads, this while she could simple used a naming scheme of her brand, model and head/bom type. That is thinking forward to your customers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I don't think joke names that stigmatize people above 'average' size are funny, but that's just me.

What's above size?  I haven't really kept up with this thread other than noting the new X thing is supposed to get rid of the lumberjack shoulders...and that is a good thing!  I hate the pics I've taken of myself where my shoulders look so bad.

* Maybe they should call all the previous Lara bodies LaraJack due to the enormously large, weird shoulders (after lumberjack)...hehe

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dorientje Woller said:

I find it already funny that some creators aren't using the naming scheme of the body. Instead of using LaraX or LaraX Petite, it's already named by some Maitreya X Lara or Maitreya X Petite. I don't understand why some have such issues of using a given name scheme. The moment Maximilian of LOGO started to update his range to EVO X, I asked him what the name would be of the range, and that name is what I am using now for the shapes I made for his heads: LOGOX, not LOGO EVOX or LOGO V2.0 or whatever I could name them.

Many refused to get it right with the first body since It was very common to see "Maitreya" instead of "Lara" used individually and interchangeably. People are terrible at getting the name right, apparently.

A single word/name that is unique is definitely preferred (for search purposes) so I hope LaraX takes hold. MaitreyaX would also work but is pretty ugly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I know of one that uses M to signify Maitreya Lara which... I don't like but it works, only issue is that it kinda looks like M as in Medium but you don't see 'standard' sizes of anything any more so no big deal. I did take issue with them using "M+" to signify Maitreya Lara Petite though, really not sure what that is about!

I really wish LL would implement some kind of extra metadata for objects in SL where the name wouldn't really matter so much, a clothing object could be special in that it could contain extra information on what body it is supposed to fit and your inventory could handle this in a much prettier and friendlier way. Marketplace could read this same metadata and list the compatible bodies in the side bar etc...

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 2

Quoting Onyx from Discord, "Instead of a logo you can also just write "LaraX" and "PetiteX" or "LaraX Petite" on your posters." 

I've been using LaraX and PetiteX when searching the MP. But I have to say, when I've seen LX and PX on vendor covers, it just looks so very clean. I think over time it will stabilize. It's just so new, and creators are scrambling to get things released.

• Like 3

So, this is my original Lara 5.3 body and shape. 

aqSuC2v.png

And this is what Lara X looks like. 

KdImZLI.png

A little less girl next door, a little more runway. It seems like the newer bodies look better at longer lengths. Like I said upthread, I had the same experience trying to adjust my everyday shape to Belleza GenX. I might scale the legs down a little before I wear it out and fine tune it a little. But Lara X certainly looks nice without the clothes. Not that I go without them much these days. 

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I suspect that most creators will probably drop Lara in favour of LaraX (and Petite in favour of PetiteX) going forward. Some vendors may choose to support both for a limited time, but I can't see that happening indefinitely.

For example, almost all vendors have dropped support for Belleza's older bodies (Freya, Isia, and Venus), in favour of the new GenX bodies (Classic and Curvy). Similarly, nobody is still creating for the older eBody mesh bodies, in favour of Reborn.

I've actually seen eBody Curvy &, I believe eBody Classic at events and new release sections of their main store (with no sign of Reborn on the advertisement); and I've seen some clothing makers sticking with Freya over GenX.

I do notice you put "almost" instead of only "all".

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.