LaraX?

Rowan Amore

I have something sort of shaped for the new body.. My only problem right now is finding a good quality body skin that works well with it..

I tried the ones that came with it and there isn't much range for the darker tones to choose from..Those are pretty much the Venus line tones with a little bit different shine on them.. I just can't handle the absence of red blend in their darker tones in that line.. They feel more like fantasy tones than human tones..hehehe

It would be really perfect if ITgirls came out with a LaraX for their Queen line..  I tried the Lara 5.3 version on my LaraX and it looks really strange in the collar bone..Like I had handlebars inserted just under my skin.. hehehe

The search continues!! \o/

hehehe I know there is something out there and Imma find it..:D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I have something sort of shaped for the new body.. My only problem right now is finding a good quality body skin that works well with it..

I tried the ones that came with it and there isn't much range for the darker tones to choose from..Those are pretty much the Venus line tones with a little bit different shine on them.. I just can't handle the absence of red blend in their darker tones in that line.. They feel more like fantasy tones than human tones..hehehe

It would be really perfect if ITgirls came out with a LaraX for their Queen line..  I tried the Lara 5.3 version on my LaraX and it looks really strange in the collar bone..Like I had handlebars inserted just under my skin.. hehehe

The search continues!! \o/

hehehe I know there is something out there and Imma find it..:D

I'm using itGirls & VELOUR x Picasso skin. I've never looked at the itgirls Queen line, but since the Picasso line is a collaboration between itGirls and Velour perhaps the darker skins in that line might work. I much prefer the Picasso over the Venus line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm using itGirls & VELOUR x Picasso skin. I've never looked at the itgirls Queen line, but since the Picasso line is a collaboration between itGirls and Velour perhaps the darker skins in that line might work. I much prefer the Picasso over the Venus line.

All I could find for Maitreya was the Picasso babe line in Maitreya and they only had the 5.3 in the demos.. I got the Curvy, Slim Muse and Modelesque demos.. That shine just got a little too wild for me in the front around the hips and waist..

It felt like I had a sheer spandex body suit on.. It really stands out on darker tones, where it probably works much better for lighter tones..

Maybe it's a little different with the LaraX version which I heard is in the new pack, but until they put it in the demo I can't buy it.

I've tried using lighter tone skins and just can't do it for some reason.. Plus they really hurt my eyes when I'm working on them.. lol

I have a hard time with bright things on my screen.. my eyes get blurry.. hehehe

ETA: I forgot that I had the ITgirls Queen line in reborn also and it actually works much better than the Maitreya Queen line on the LaraX.. So I think I'm almost set now.:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

All I could find for Maitreya was the Picasso babe line in Maitreya and they only had the 5.3 in the demos.. I got the Curvy, Slim Muse and Modelesque demos.. That shine just got a little too wild for me in the front around the hips and waist..

It felt like I had a sheer spandex body suit on.. It really stands out on darker tones, where it probably works much better for lighter tones..

Maybe it's a little different with the LaraX version which I heard is in the new pack, but until they put it in the demo I can't buy it.

I've tried using lighter tone skins and just can't do it for some reason.. Plus they really hurt my eyes when I'm working on them.. lol

I have a hard time with bright things on my screen.. my eyes get blurry.. hehehe

ETA: I forgot that I had the ITgirls Queen line in reborn also and it actually works much better than the Maitreya Queen line on the LaraX.. So I think I'm almost set now.:)

Yeah, Blush uses a darker skin than Debi and they don't work for her, but Debi uses Chantilly, which is pretty light. But I hadn't tried all the darker skins as Blush is just a medium olive shade, so was hoping they might work for you. I'm glad the reborn skin works with LaraX!

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Yeah, Blush uses a darker skin than Debi and they don't work for her, but Debi uses Chantilly, which is pretty light. But I hadn't tried all the darker skins as Blush is just a medium olive shade, so was hoping they might work for you. I'm glad the reborn skin works with LaraX!

Thank you Ya, it's working really good so far and plus I can adjust the tone.. It's been my favorite body skin so far for awhile now.. I'm really glad it's working too. :)

I think since they worked the crotch area on the new LaraX that the LaraX version in Picasso probably doesn't look like the 5.3 version does on the LaraX.. If you have the 5.3 version in your skins you got, try them on the LaraX and you will see what I'm seeing with the demo..

the 5.3 version on the LaraX, when you get around the hips and waist ,crotch area it looks liek how light bends around a black hole.. hehehehe

I doubt they would release something like that for the LaraX version, so it has to fit better with the LaraX version.. You would have noticed it for sure already if they didn't fix it, I'm sure..

I'll try those again when they get that version in the demos. :)

• Like 2

I finally got around to checking out LaraX naked.  I can live with it, especially since I don't normally wear things that would show those golf divots/dimples.  I use Amara Beauty's free body skins, and it looks ok (I don't need HD nips because again, I don't show my nips.).  I just don't like Velour's tones.  None of them seem to match what I want to wear, and I've tried them all. 

• Like 5

Here is my first draft.. I still have to make some adjustments because I'm still getting a little crunch but a smoother crunch than before.. I just have to face it, I'll just have to be a bit taller than I like, because it just won't do my height that i really like.. But neither would 5.3 So that's ok.. I also think it has a lot to do with the animation stands that I am using as well.. I'll probably find some that run better and see if I can keep where I am at..

Either way I enjoyed making a new look from  head to toe.. It was a nice relaxing day and also enjoyed tweaking the new body.. I can tell it's gonna be fun to work with. I got a really good feel for it today and the slider reactions..:)

Ceka's first LaraX test.png

CekasfirstLaraXtest2.thumb.png.759aaff642b1a693c105ef24d8dde821.png

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think that Nuve has a modifiable fullbody tinting layers (EVOX &  SL UV) free at the store, so you can blend red into the tone.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 3

So, I've already received a notice from one of my all time favorite creators that informed us that they will be dropping Lara and Lara Petite to focus on LaraX and PetiteX. I was afraid this would happen and I was at Uber tonight, and noticed another creator only had Legacy and LaraX no Petite or PetiteX, so I'm wondering how many more creators will be dropping the old Lara in favor of the new one? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

So, I've already received a notice from one of my all time favorite creators that informed us that they will be dropping Lara and Lara Petite to focus on LaraX and PetiteX. I was afraid this would happen and I was at Uber tonight, and noticed another creator only had Legacy and LaraX no Petite or PetiteX, so I'm wondering how many more creators will be dropping the old Lara in favor of the new one? 

I have heard that creators complain about the rigging. The information we got now, was that the rigging ifor LaraX s changed, so it is easier to rig for.

I can understand that. And if the difference is really big, maybe many creators will drop Lara.

Maybe a creator with the new dev kit can comment on the rigging? Is it much better now?

@Salt Peppermintyou are a creator?

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Cougar Sangria said:

This is an edit to my former post...

All "Maitreya items" in the "Maitreya store" will be updated. No date has been announced. I own just about every single item in the store, lol. That said, I have no idea if the updates will be free. I don't expect it, and no one else should either.  I am grateful to the creators/designers that I frequent who will continue to design for LaraX.  I will also continue to wear my Lara 5.3.  No plans to shelf her at this time or in the future.

17 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm not speaking for Maitreya, but in all the years I've shopped at Maitreya, I've never seen her charge for an update. 

When Maitreya Lara came out, a lot of the standard sized clothes was updated to Lara for free. Not all, and it took several months. But free.

I even got the Shearling boots by posting a polite notecard to her. I bought the original sculpted ones in december 2010, and it wasn't in the redelivery terminal. That is service, ladies!

I have a lot of bodies, but not the newer ones. I bought Belleza too, but dropped it when it took so long to fix some issues. I loved the GenX Classic, but the price pushed me away. Belleza run sales so often now, in hope to get more to buy it.

If GenX had started with a price in Maitreya price range, (and maybe a 1000 refund to previous customers), I would have bought it. I think I posted that it was prettier than Lara, but I would wait and see how much content that was made for it. Now it is too late, Lara is fixed and I do not need a better body.

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Probably, merchants don't upgrade to v5 Autohide, because they would ACTUALLY have to GO to Maitreya and collect the free autohide kit off the wall next to the body vendor, and then change their workflow, edit their template "root prim with scripts in" that they link to all their meshes etc.

Basically, to avoid spending 10 mins updating their production line, so their new content would be Real Lara 5.x compatible.

Are you saying that people who are faced with the possibility of changes to their usual procedures either ignore them or work themselves into incoherent balls of fury about them rather than taking time to understand them?

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Annie Nova said:

I have noticed a few of mine have as well, but I'm on the side of "that's okay" going forward. I applaud that move.

There are literally tens of thousands of outfits available for Lara, and at the best stores several hundred. I have not met anyone who can afford every single clothing item at any major store, and I'd like to meet anyone who has bought everything for Lara 5.3 at even some of the minor retailers like Seniha, Candy Kitten, Lunar, Ricielli, erratic, Ecru, Neve, Just Because, COCO, amias, Dead Doll etc.

My own thinking (and not everyone will agree) is that there is plenty of clothing for 5.3 to last years more in SL without exhausting your wardrobe choices.

Plus, you might even see the 5.3 stuff becoming cheaper in stores as Lara X gain momentum, just for the long tail sales profits for the creators. And if rigging for the new X is much easier, fashion comes even faster and more petite support, both pluses.

Sorry @Annie Nova I don't think I answered your question at the end there. How many more creators? Probably most of them, given that rigging for Lara X is easier, which saves them time, effort, and struggle, and results in more clothing easier for a better ROI on their time.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I have not met anyone who can afford every single clothing item at any major store, and I'd like to meet anyone who has bought everything for Lara 5.3 at even some of the minor retailers like

That is one of the most fatuous arguments I've heard yet.

Nobody buys every outfit at every store because THEY DON'T LIKE every outfit. I didn't buy every outfit at Muse, because there were some I didn't like, that didn't suit my look or match my taste.

I own almost no Addams, because their stuff just isn't my style, I don't own most Blueberry, and i own nothing from most of the vendors you just named. Not my thing.

Equally, the assumption that so many hundred merchants are bringing out LardaX fit clothes a month therefore it's "easy to assemble a wardrobe" only holds true if people have no filters, and buy anything, regardless of colour, style or price point.

This is NOT how it works., go back and read the thread about the FailX body launch wiith "100 merchants" especially the bit where people complained there were no decent [insert type of clothing here] amongst the 100 plus offerings.

What use are 200 new clothing items if only ONE is in a style and colour I would be willing to be seen dead in, and that one item isn't enough to make an outfit, say a single leather skirt. And then you have to wait 6 months or a year or two years for somebody to release a top that goes with that skirt. And then wait another 18 months for a pair of boots you like to go with the skirt and top and make "an outfit".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I also think it has a lot to do with the animation stands that I am using as well.

This is definitely a big thing at shorter heights, a lot of animations are just far too exaggerated for avatars under 6 feet tall. I notice it a lot, you have to shop very carefully.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

This is definitely a big thing at shorter heights, a lot of animations are just far too exaggerated for avatars under 6 feet tall. I notice it a lot, you have to shop very carefully.

Ya, I'm almost certain that's what it is.. It'll give me an excuse to go shopping.. Like I ever really needed an excuse.. hehehe

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

I think that Nuve has a modifiable fullbody tinting layers (EVOX &  SL UV) free at the store, so you can blend red into the tone.

I'll check over there also because I'm always in search of new body skins.. But I did remember having the Itgirls Queen line also for reborn, which works perfect for my LaraX.. I was so relieved that happened.. hehehe

• Like 3

Oy... I wonder where I should go next to catch some LaraX threads, so many good suggestions here. Maybe I can wait a bit, I'm noticing I can use some of my current Lara stuff with a bit of alpha work, like the pics I posted earlier today. The most I've spent thus far for this weekend is on a new head, figured it was time to add another lol... 

Edited by JeromFranzic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JeromFranzic said:

Oy... I wonder where I should go next to catch some LaraX threads, so many good suggestions here. Maybe I can wait a bit, I'm noticing I can use some of my current Lara stuff with a bit of alpha work, like the pics I posted earlier today. The most I've spent thus far for this weekend is on a new head, figured it was time to add another lol... 

Ya, We need a thread just for things being updated to LaraX.. Maybe I'll make one..

ETA: KK  I went and made one..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I have noticed a few of mine have as well, but I'm on the side of "that's okay" going forward. I applaud that move.

There are literally tens of thousands of outfits available for Lara, and at the best stores several hundred. I have not met anyone who can afford every single clothing item at any major store, and I'd like to meet anyone who has bought everything for Lara 5.3 at even some of the minor retailers like Seniha, Candy Kitten, Lunar, Ricielli, erratic, Ecru, Neve, Just Because, COCO, amias, Dead Doll etc.

My own thinking (and not everyone will agree) is that there is plenty of clothing for 5.3 to last years more in SL without exhausting your wardrobe choices.

Plus, you might even see the 5.3 stuff becoming cheaper in stores as Lara X gain momentum, just for the long tail sales profits for the creators. And if rigging for the new X is much easier, fashion comes even faster and more petite support, both pluses.

Sorry @Annie Nova I don't think I answered your question at the end there. How many more creators? Probably most of them, given that rigging for Lara X is easier, which saves them time, effort, and struggle, and results in more clothing easier for a better ROI on their time.

That's fine Katherine and I do agree that there is a ton of clothes out there, I just I'm just being stubborn lol I have the new body but just have not had time to do any real looking at it and I have gotten a few clothes that are including the new body so I suppose it's a win/win. 🙂

• Like 1

So, to get the shape I wanted, I had to lengthen the torso and legs a little. I'm taller than usual. It's a little like a whole new avatar. But I don't mind it. It looks more like the Belleza Gen.X shape I fashioned using my original Maitreya body shape than my Maitreya body was. And I have to say that the Lara X boobs on the non-petite model don't crumble down at a lower level. So I can wear the main body and have a modest/moderate bust. 

• Like 5

i have too many outfits i love on the old maitreya body, so I'm not ready to swap to the new body just yet. it's going to be tiresome having to sort through what i own to figure out what is, or isn't being re-rigged for the larax. new body does have better shoulders. and that's the biggest improvement for me. i just don't have the energy to sort my inventory and get stuff redelivered just to have nicer shoulders.

I stuck with slink's male body until slink closed. however, i was thinking of swapping before bc lots of the clothes wasn't really my style. i still haven't dropped the slink heads yet, I love the heads. typically i just stick with bodies i own already until it's support isn't there anymore, or finding clothes i like is a hassle. when it comes to maitreya's old body, there wont be much of a issue finding clothes.

i try to keep my mesh bodies i use to a minimum. keep myself sane. heads are a different story though, i have so many.

• Like 4

If you keep the packages for clothing in their folders, wear the package and pull out some other sizes into the folder to try them on LaraX. Legacy sizes tend to fit pretty well for clothing that covers the pelvis or shoulders. 

One thing I'm going to be deleting is most of my old LaVian outfits in Standard mesh sizes, though some of those standard sizes fit my LaraX pretty well too. 😊 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Is there any word on the Lara X Flat?

Per NC from Onyx:

"The Flat Chest Add-on has not yet been made compatible with LaraX. We hope to complete that the coming weeks. As soon as we finish that, we will release it like the Petite"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1