LaraX?

Rowan Amore

30 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Oh well, it's an impressive product and I'm pretty sure abandoning it will just mean that the official Lara X Flat takes over from where it leaves off. AFAIK Lara 5.3 Flat never really made the same impact but there was always that competition from V-Tech.

It's not surprising that Maitreya don't really want the competition though.

Lara Flat never really took off at all, and as a wearer of both V-Tech and Flat, it's definitely got some problems - nipple placement among them, which was always a pain when shopping skins. V-Tech, on the other hand, just worked - I wore male skins on it just fine.

Basically, V-Tech is about as well-supported as that niche market can be, and if they don't intend to update to LaraX, I'll keep wearing the V-Tech/5.3 combo for those looks until I feel like moving on (likely to Anatomy). There are some stores that carry Lara Flat, but I've just never been fond of the overall fit and lack of clothing support (which isn't anyone's fault as it's damn near impossible to keep up with so many mods).

Now that Anatomy moved into that space as well, I wouldn't be surprised if former Flat/V-Tech wearers started to drift in that direction. It's a full body with male and female neck fits and feet options and the ability to make very feminine and very masculine shapes - basically what I've been looking for all along.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

So glad to see the Ison top from Dubai even is already updated with LaraX & LaraX Petite! I'm wearing the Legacy pants, and yes, the shape is quite close, although the rigging is just different enough that you need to use alpha slices. That's good news for us who are waiting for more pants to be available. This was my Legacy shape with very little changes.

image.thumb.png.7968ae5f4cbd558dc210f751cf519c38.png

It's reassuring to see people say that Legacy sizes sometimes fit LaraX with a bit of alpha. Most of the non-ancient clothing I have has Legacy sizes, so I'll try them. Persephone is currently wearing Lara sized Unbothered jeans and boots and a Legacy sized Unbothered sweater, all from Blueberry. There's a little clipping at the back of the neck, but overall, it looks ok. Persephone usually wears clothing that covers most of her body, so using alphas to hide the body beneath works ok much of the time. I'm still looking for a good LaraX  bikini, but for now I have BOM and the included LaraX lingerie.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given my reduced time inworld these days and how little I've been shopping lately, I may just stay with my current Lara & clothes for quite a long while.  I already have more clothes than I could wear in a few years, even if I never re-wore anything.  I'm not sure I can justify throwing out all of the stuff I already have that I have not even worn yet.

The Lara body is a perfectly good body with more content out there still  than any other body.. About all I'm gonna do for now with this new body is grab clothes that may have been updated to the new Maitreya body..

With all that Maitreya stuff we have, we are bound to end up with enough updated clothes for the new body..

I know I'm not in a hurry as well as may never change over.. Maitreya Lara 5.3 is a good body and been the one I used more than any of the others still..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

About all I'm gonna do for now with this new body is grab clothes that may have been updated to the new Maitreya body.

Same.

Now that I have my X body into some decent shape, I'll just slowly gather back my favourite outfits from those vendors (redelivered or new designs that are the same style) until I reach a tipping point where I can comfortably switch over. No rush, as others have pointed put most of us have enough different outfits for 5.3 we'd never really need to buy new ones anyway.

My one concession is to not buy anything for 5.3 again.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 5

Reading some of the comments...

Over in Maitreya Discord, a comment was made about the dimples...that will be addressed in an update... I don't know when, though.  I have no issue with it, as my skin is darker.  It seems to be more pronounced with light skin tones with little to no shading.

Maitreya Vintage Jeans...Has been updated to LaraX. If you have these, hit the redelivery button at the store.

Dead Doll has updated a sweater at Equal 10 and a pair of shorts at Anthem events to include LaraX size.  If you have purchased these, hit the redelivery button at the store.

All Maitreya Items in store are to be updated.  No date has been announced.

Edited by Cougar Sangria
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Rachel1206 said:

20231121b_MaitreyaMeshBody-LaraX.thumb.jpg.f883333399033be351ff7b8ed2dfa1b1.jpg

The new Maitreya Mesh Body - LaraX, I find it a beautiful body with more mature forms.

Large 8K portrait on Flickr.

That's curvier than the take I posted here.

As I said before, if I didn't know this was LaraX, I would have guessed this is Erika. (Erika does come with all the cool grown up toys, so that's why I bought it lol...) 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Same.

Now that I have my X body into some decent shape, I'll just slowly gather back my favourite outfits from those vendors (redelivered or new designs that are the same style) until I reach a tipping point where I can comfortably switch over. No rush, as others have pointed put most of us have enough different outfits for 5.3 we'd never really need to buy new ones anyway.

My one concession is to not buy anything for 5.3 again.

I'll still be buying for 5.3 I'm sure.. Because I'm not even sure I'll be switching over.. I'll tinker with it, but until I really want to make a look for it, it's probably gonna sit for awhile..

I'll grab updates because I just like doing that anyways.. hehehe

I just really am not happy with what I'm seeing with the butt..  I'm a smaller avatar and things tend to go crunch in some places.. the butt is crunching more now than before, so that's probably gonna hold me off for a bit, unless I can work something out in the next couple of days that I'm happy with.. that and getting the bewbs to feel a bit more natural like I have them on the 5.3..

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I'm still using a shoulder kit deformer from (Small).

With shoulder deformer to the left, default shoulders to the right.

So, all the damn carping from people about Real-Lara's "dreadful shoulders", and how we needed to burn the brand down and start over with "better shoulders" and the end result is so awful, people still need shoulder deformers.

What a joke.

I'll not be converting to LardaX, I redelivered, tried it on, vomited, took it off and deleted it. My biggest regret is from listening to stores I like and shop at regularly screaming "Real Lara is dead, we embrace the Larda Downgrade, convert or die!".

Still, it means I'll spend a lot less from now on.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

laraxxx.thumb.jpg.6e7aa0e6aab8ee185ff694fac512afa9.jpg

i thought it was just me but seems not going by this pic

the Velour skin cleavage shading is different on each breast. The right breast cleavage shading is darker than the left. Seems a bit like didn't spend an equal time sunbathing on each side

i have never had a Velour before so am wondering is this different shading a standard feature of all Velour skins or just those in the LaraX pack ?

is still quite a nice skin tho altogether compared to some others that I have tried

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elleevelyn said:

i have never had a Velour before so am wondering is this different shading a standard feature of all Velour skins or just those in the LaraX pack ?

Some of the lighting and shine on the Velour (and sister) line of skins is highly questionable. Good brand, lots of choice, but demo everything. You may not like the highlighting on their skins, I don't, but that's a very personal opinion.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Some of the lighting and shine on the Velour (and sister) line of skins is highly questionable. Good brand, lots of choice, but demo everything. You may not like the highlighting on their skins, I don't, but that's a very personal opinion.

They rely too much on shine for me also..I would much rather have more details than shine.. less is more when it comes to painted on shine on a body skin, in a world where we have material layers for that. hehehe

• Like 7

5 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

Unlikely. Creator's take on Maitreya can be be found on store's flickr. TL:DR version: Maitreya ignored him for years, he didn't/doesn't even have an official devkit, and he finally got fed up with it.

That's so disappointing. I love my V-Tech, pretty much my whole inventory is made to work with it, and Maitreya's flat is just plain ugly. It doesn't even look human from the side. I don't know what they were trying for but it's awful. At least V-Tech Reborn is getting serious support.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

That's so disappointing. I love my V-Tech, pretty much my whole inventory is made to work with it, and Maitreya's flat is just plain ugly. It doesn't even look human from the side. I don't know what they were trying for but it's awful. At least V-Tech Reborn is getting serious support.

From the Discord they said that Lara X Flat is still being worked on so maybe it will be more to your liking :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Still, it means I'll spend a lot less from now on.

They already changed their tone claiming both old and new Lara will get support. I pretty much bet this statement was born out of shock over the lack of "hurray" from the userbase. How do I arrive at this conclusion? Because it does not seem to be thought through very well.  Let's consider what this boils down to: Of course we all know that in the end product support is not up to Onyx but the market to decide. So I guess it's up to creators to decide whether old Lara has a future. Funny enough that also means same is true for LaraX. ...

... Methinks someone has to rethink their policies for handing out devkits.

So, my understanding was that the new Lara x Petite was now going to be a single body, and not the regular ("X") body plus add-on. But I'm only seeing a "Lara X Petite Add-on" in the redelivery, not a "full body" version? The notecard also says this:

"Alongside your new LaraX Petite (Full body or Add-on) body, you will also find the original Lara Petite (Full body or Add-on) body in your extras Unpacker HUD."

So were IS this "full body" version???

30 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, my understanding was that the new Lara x Petite was now going to be a single body, and not the regular ("X") body plus add-on. But I'm only seeing a "Lara X Petite Add-on" in the redelivery, not a "full body" version? The notecard also says this:

"Alongside your new LaraX Petite (Full body or Add-on) body, you will also find the original Lara Petite (Full body or Add-on) body in your extras Unpacker HUD."

So were IS this "full body" version???

When I clicked on Redelivery at the store, the website showed me LaraX, Petite Add-On, and Petite full body. I asked for it to redeliver all three and I got boxes for all three. I did not, at the time, try on the full body version, but I got a folder/box for it. 

I'm not sure why I had all three available for redelivery.

Edited by Kitten Inshan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kitten Inshan said:

When I clicked on Redelivery at the store, the website showed me LaraX, Petite Add-On, and Petite full body. I asked for it to redeliver all three and I got boxes for all three. I did not, at the time, try on the full body version, but I got a folder/box for it. 

I'm not sure why I had all three available for redelivery.

Huh, so it was a different redelivery item? I'll have to look again!

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Huh, so it was a different redelivery item? I'll have to look again!

I just went in world to double check, and yes, I got three folder/boxes. One of which is Petite X full body, and I just put it on. 

It's the redelivery at the store. I never even tried redelivery through HUD because group chat said Petite needed to go through store. Not sure if that is correct or not, but...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kitten Inshan said:

I just went in world to double check, and yes, I got three folder/boxes. One of which is Petite X full body, and I just put it on. 

It's the redelivery at the store. I never even tried redelivery through HUD because group chat said Petite needed to go through store. Not sure if that is correct or not, but...

You are absolutely correct! Duh!

Thanks Kitten!! ❤️

• Like 1

Tried LaraX, I'm really happy with it. They fixed the thing I had problem with, the thick arms and wrists and yes shoulder tweak is great too. I liked the old butt/hips better (some of us just like smaller/flatter asses), but I managed to shaped it now how I like it. Didn't have much problem finding clothing to fit it also, only bought one top made for LaraX rest are old Lara stuff and one Legacy shirt(Legacy seems to fit the booba better). I don't really wear skimpy clothing so that's why it's probably way easier to find stuff to fit and I got no problems alphaing things out, I do that anyway with my main Legacy body also. I'm probably too lazy to change over again (changed to Legacy last year), but will see.

Larax looks.png

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

They already changed their tone claiming both old and new Lara will get support. I pretty much bet this statement was born out of shock over the lack of "hurray" from the userbase.

LardaX launched on Monday, and all the "kewl kids" on the Cultist discord are raving about it, but last night I chatted to half a dozen friends, while at my usual hangout, and 3 of them weren't aware there WAS a LardaX at all,  2 didn't know it had been launched yet, and 1 had already decided they wouldn't touch it with the wet end of somebody ELSE'S 10 foot cesspit stirring stick.

How do I arrive at this conclusion? Because it does not seem to be thought through very well.  Let's consider what this boils down to: Of course we all know that in the end product support is not up to Onyx but the market to decide.

Maitreya now claiming they will still support Real-Lara means sod all, after they worked their butts off, convincing a bunch of merchants to drop Real-Lara faster than a hot dog turd.

So I guess it's up to creators to decide whether old Lara has a future.

<sarcasm mode> And that's going really well </sarcasm mode>

One brand I USED to shop at, has said that they will NOT update their back catalogue to LardaX, and that the "old Lara fit items" will be "gradually" retired.

Other brands I USED to shop at, won't be updating the back catalogue, and won't make for Real-Lara going forward.

Another brand I USED to shop at, has said they WILL update their existing products to LardaX, BUT... If you want the LardaX size, you have to RE-BUY the L$ 2k fatpacks, as it wont be in redeliveries of your existing purchases.

What really gets me is the number of merchants who seem GENUINELY SURPRISED, when they hear that now they no longer plan to make clothes for the body you use, you have NO reason to shop there.

These people seriously think I'll spend money on clothing for a body I don't use and won't use.

The coming months will see a lot of disappointed merchants, as a sizeable share of their customer base STOPS shopping with them.

• Like 2