LaraX?

Rowan Amore

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Sorry but none of the butts pictured as being too big/round seem that way to me.  What's with the flat butt thing?  I thought only male avatars were obsessed with not having any butt.

There are actually lots and lots of people who want tiny butts. Spend any time in MLF helping people with their shapes and you'd see it's quite common.

• Like 6

I'm starting to suspect that what the issue is under the skin is that whatever passes for a spine and coccyx in the rig (?) isn't long enough and the top of the butt curve is too high for that reason.

Look at this side by side I just took ... while the butt sticks out a touch more than I'd like it's the overall shape that's not correct. There's no gentle curve into the roundness from the top down (where you spine curves out), it just balloons out very suddenly. That's not how human bodies look, the curve into your tush has a downward slope not a sudden outward jutting. It's like the angle on the tailbone from the spine is too aggressive.

That's my issue, almost more so than the actual size. (Also need to lengthen my arm by 1 or 2 to get the wrist in the right spot)

tush.thumb.jpg.ee631b7ea5084ced5a94fc71470c1f3b.jpg

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Sorry but none of the butts pictured as being too big/round seem that way to me.  What's with the flat butt thing?  I thought only male avatars were obsessed with not having any butt.

It's not so much the butt being flat as it is the whole hip section of the body being a lot curvier than 5.3. 

40 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Well then it's some other combination of sliders working in tandem because I can't get anywhere near flat no matter how I try. I've gotten my proportional shape back (my 8:1 artists ratio re: torso length, hip width, breast height, etc) everywhere else, and the shoulders are now much better, but that curvy tush is maddening. I'm told it's cute, but maddening to me.

You know how deformer packs usually have 1-3 steps that are usually what you'd use and then perhaps as many more that take things someplace mad? To achieve the aforementioned backside, I'm using the 6th step of my thigh gap deformers. Without the deformer the femurs are practically scraping against each other. But because the deformer forces the thighs apart without doing much to the hip I'm free to squish it good and then push the legs back apart. The same deformer with 5.3 and my shape for that would let a bus through.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I'm starting to suspect that what the issue is under the skin is that whatever passes for a spine and coccyx in the rig (?) isn't long enough and the top of the butt curve is too high for that reason.

Look at this side by side I just took ... while the butt sticks out a touch more than I'd like it's the overall shape that's not correct. There's no gentle curve into the roundness from the top down (where you spine curves out), it just balloons out very suddenly. It's like the angle on the tailbone from the spine is too aggressive.

That's my issue, almost more so than the actual size. (Also need to lengthen my arm by 1 or 2 to get the wrist in the right spot)

Comparing that butt to the drawing, it looks like they put the bum in upside down.

Also, is that drawing transferable? I'd like a copy if that's possible.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm with you on that one, but being a member of the big booty beaches (woooo!) club has kind of skewed my perspective on this issue. Some bodies are definitely too exaggerated in that area for my tastes, but I find LaraX to be pretty compact and realistic (for me) in that zone.

On Lara 5.3, I'm pretty sure I was pushing the butt slider to about 60 to get where I needed to go and I didn't touch my shape whatsoever when trying on X. Kind of afraid to because it looks so dang good right where it is.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Pretend you are doing some skinny "tiny boobies" Real Lara Petite shape, zero body fat, etc, and then you downgrade to Not-Lara-Anymore LardButtX, and now you look like a deformed cherry halfway down a wooden cocktaiil stick...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

0ae503175295c7aa98341052b513f483.thumb.png.445298840080d3c9aca7b9d4d25db727.png

my shape looks like this on LaraX. I consider this a flat butt. It looks like that because my leg muscle setting is at 95. Butt is at 27, fat at 0. I am going for an athletic look (like in, what female Olympic runners have, not bodybuilders hehe), and the only way to get any muscle definition in the leg is to up the muscle to almost a 100. So, it won't work for skinny folk, who like to be skinny allover, but it does help the butt not stick out like on Katherine's picture

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

my shape looks like this on LaraX. I consider this a flat butt. It looks like that because my leg muscle setting is at 95. Butt is at 27, fat at 0. I am going for an athletic look (like in, what female Olympic runners have, not bodybuilders hehe), and the only way to get any muscle definition in the leg is to up the muscle to almost a 100. So, it won't work for skinny folk, who like to be skinny allover, but it does help the butt not stick out like on Katherine's picture

Since I was using the shape for my Reborn, my leg muscles were at 50 and hip width was 40 and my butt was actually set at 10 before using the deformer.  Anything lower than that actually increased the hip width visually.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Snapshot-025.png

Woop, just grabbed an updated top that now has LaraX rigging. I no longer only have bras to wear!

.. Now I'll just need some trousers .. 

One of my most favorite top styles. I bought the fatpack! 

And I must say your avie looks amazing!

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Look at this side by side I just took ... while the butt sticks out a touch more than I'd like it's the overall shape that's not correct. There's no gentle curve into the roundness from the top down (where you spine curves out), it just balloons out very suddenly. That's not how human bodies look, the curve into your tush has a downward slope not a sudden outward jutting. It's like the angle on the tailbone from the spine is too aggressive.

Off topic: umm, I need this proportion chart 🤩 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I can't tell for sure looking in this pic because it's a side shot. But to me it seems as though the crotches aren't lined up. Maybe you're lining up the curve from the butt to the thigh moreso than the actual pelvic area. Also, the bottom of the knee on the picture appears to be above your avatar's knee.

Having made the Baskerville Proportion Tool set, I too am very familiar with the 8 head proportion model. Sometimes, well oftentimes, we have to nudge parts because our mesh bodies just aren't human. :) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Ooh what is the top? was it a free update?

Gawk, and yes free update. I didn't own it yet though, so I bought the FP. Love it!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/GAWK-Phoebe-Turtleneck-Top-BABYBLUE-for-Maitreya-LaraX-PetiteX-Legacy-Perky-Petite-eBody-Reborn/24583637

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I can't tell for sure looking in this pic because it's a side shot. But to me it seems as though the crotches aren't lined up. Maybe you're lining up the curve from the butt to the thigh moreso than the actual pelvic area. Also, the bottom of the knee on the picture appears to be above your avatar's knee.

Having made the Baskerville Proportion Tool set, I too am very familiar with the 8 head proportion model. Sometimes, well oftentimes, we have to nudge parts because our mesh bodies just aren't human. :) 

That's partly the angle it was taken. The camera's not perfectly 90° on either the body or the prim, and is slightly higher and pointing downward than it should be. It's very very close looking from the front.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Play a bit with the hip lenght, add/make it longer and your bootie doesn't look that bubbly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

This is mine shown with the proportion tool. I have not used any deformers to get this shape.

slimmerbutt.thumb.png.0ff5a20e13be7a0a1bba09e5bf2e214f.png

The crotch arrow matches the pelvis in front; however, the curve of the butt to thigh is lower than the pelvis, which is normal.

slimmerfront.thumb.png.c964dd5da4fd5ebfcf752f3e2ed57bdf.png

Based on breast size and shape that's the Petite body?

• Like 1