LaraX?

Rowan Amore

On 8/4/2023 at 4:58 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Well, since Salt is a creator for Maitreya Lara clothing, she probably has a good idea of the rigging problems the previous dev kit had and the areas where Maitreya has told creators there will be changes in the new body and new dev kit. Salt and Pepper clothing tends to fit very well and often close to the body, so I think she knows what she's talking about.

The official Maitreya CSR says "none of your clothing will fit, except some shoes, and totally opaque  stuff where you can alpha out everything underneath it..."

A Merchant says "I haven't had my new dev kit yet, but obviously the CSR who's actually SEEN the thing is wrong..."

Mhmmm, I know where I'm placing my bets...

They messed with the shape of the legs, they messed with the shape of the crotch, they messed with the shape of the hip, they messed with the shape of the ass, they messed with the shape of the waist. they messed with the shape of the shoulders, they messed with the shape of the arm, they messed with the whole structure of the skeletal rig,

ALMOST NOTHING WILL FIT.

• Like 1

I dunno if this is the right forum thread but here goes. My friend tried Senra Jamie and she cant get her hands to animate naturally. It looks like default hands. Tried everything, detach all, build from ground agan, reset skeleton, animation, change ao, remove ao... She tried to wash the dishes and other animations and the hands started to work after that but soon again went back to "default hands". Nothing works so back to Maitreya. Is it a glitch with the new body? handsSenra_001.thumb.png.07493326823bdb553d578a7a3af450fd.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

I dunno if this is the right forum thread but here goes.

Not really.

But - there can be several reasons the hands aren't animated, using a non-bento AO or just any animation that doesn't animate the hand bones, or a very high priority animation that 'defaults' the hands to the infamous 'starfish' shape. If said animation was prompted by a temporary source (such as a temporary attachment or sitting on something), it should go away by right-clicking the avatar, going to avatar health, and resetting skeleton and animation.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

I dunno if this is the right forum thread but here goes. My friend tried Senra Jamie and she cant get her hands to animate naturally. It looks like default hands. Tried everything, detach all, build from ground agan, reset skeleton, animation, change ao, remove ao... She tried to wash the dishes and other animations and the hands started to work after that but soon again went back to "default hands". Nothing works so back to Maitreya. Is it a glitch with the new body? handsSenra_001.thumb.png.07493326823bdb553d578a7a3af450fd.png

Lovely look I will say just need quick fix.

For Senra hands  The Ao from Tuty can fix that also.  Tuty - LUCKY GIRL BENTO AO Priority 3(just wear gift at tuty middle of the store ) It needs the bento ao movements to keep the hands  swaying. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ubunil/163/108/136

But also person  made this fix to hands   https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/bento-hand-fix-starfish-hand-fixer-add-to-worn/19048327

I

Edited by PearlettaStone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

They messed with the shape of the legs, they messed with the shape of the crotch, they messed with the shape of the hip, they messed with the shape of the ass, they messed with the shape of the waist. they messed with the shape of the shoulders, they messed with the shape of the arm, they messed with the whole structure of the skeletal rig,

Good thing you will still have access to the current body and your entire wardrobe of current clothing and you can still lighten your SL wallet with new clothing as long as creators continue to rig for it. 

You lose nothing.  Current content will not suddenly become unusable.  If something new comes out that you just have to have and it is only rigged for a specific body that you don't like, it's no different than clothing only rigged for Reborn or Belleza.  Use the other body or don't get the clothes.

It sure is a shame that there are so many different bodies to choose from and that people like different things.  Choice is just awful.   /s off

Do you need a cup of tea?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The official Maitreya CSR says "none of your clothing will fit, except some shoes, and totally opaque  stuff where you can alpha out everything underneath it..."

I don't trust your "quotes", so I'll wait and see for myself. 

I'm not using Lara currently, because once I saw the bad shoulders and armpits, I couldn't unsee them. Since Lara X is supposed to have fixed these problems, I'm willing to try it and see if some of my existing clothes for Lara will work with it.

I get that you like the current shape, but not all of us do. Sux for you. Maybe you'll find another mesh body that you like better, like I did with Isis,...then with Freya,...and hopefully now with Lara X, because Gen X Classic isn't ideal for me either.

26 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

If something new comes out that you just have to have and it is only rigged for a specific body that you don't like, it's no different than clothing only rigged for Reborn or Belleza.  Use the other body or don't get the clothes.

I face the same problem with using Freya as my favorite body and with having a bunch of non-EvoX fantasy skins that I like, but not once did I complain about it on the forums. What good would that do?

I'd ask in a store group if they're going to support the body I have. If the answer from a CSR or owner is "No", then I respond with a sad face emoticon & might or might not drop that group. When Nuve stopped making new skins for the classic Belleza bodies, but came out with new fantasy colors that I liked, I bought 2 for Belleza Gen X, because I'd bought a Gen X Classic Lite on sale as my back-up body for Freya.

I will still wear Freya for as long as I can, because I have tons of skins and clothes for this body that I like. I still wear non-Evo X  skins sometimes, because Lelutka included an Evolution option on their Evo X heads. Yay! for choices. I'm happy with my virtual Barbie doll and her many, many virtual clothes. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don't trust your "quotes", so I'll wait and see for myself. 

If you trust mine, here's the official announcement in case anyone's not touching FB with a ten foot pole.

The short version - whether or not clothing fits will depend on a few factors per item, but the position of your shape sliders can make a difference, too, so play with that as well.

79aff1df1135f21d337d33545e9bba23.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

If you trust mine, here's the official announcement in case anyone's not touching FB with a ten foot pole.

The short version - whether or not clothing fits will depend on a few factors per item, but the position of your shape sliders can make a difference, too, so play with that as well.

79aff1df1135f21d337d33545e9bba23.png

Not really sure we can say that something fits by using alphas either, if we're going to say that then a whole bunch of stuff 'fits' a lot of bodies but of course it doesn't.

From what we're hearing I don't think making Lara 5.3 clothes fit Lara X is a priority at all and that's fine with me.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

8 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Not really sure we can say that something fits by using alphas either, if we're going to say that then a whole bunch of stuff 'fits' a lot of bodies but of course it doesn't.

From what we're hearing I don't think making Lara 5.3 clothes fit Lara X is a priority at all and that's fine with me.

Well, I'm always running around in outfits not specifically fit to my body (I wear mens clothes on Lara here and there), so I'm personally fine with using alphas to make shenanigans happen.

That said though, I've got enough wardrobe to tide me over until Lara X starts getting more content made and I'm still buying for 5.3 since that won't be going anywhere for a long time. I'll swap versions as needed, but I don't feel like I'm losing anything at all. I'm just gaining an extra fit (that might even look better in mens clothing...wouldn't that be hilarious).

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

I've been using Maitreya Lara since like 2015 and my whole inventory organization plus CTS Wardrobe is centered around it, so I'm a little nervous about Lara X. I'm going to need to redefine some tagging and lose some old items that I love. However, I'm also kind of excited because this will be a new journey that I've wanted to try but been unwilling to invest in a new body. Very curious to see the reception Lara X gets! 

Same. I am using TAGs for Petite and Perky and deleted anything about Lara original (well there might still be a few remnants) when I switched to Petite. I will be adding a new TAG for Lara X Petite so that when I switch bodies I know which clothes are for which body when it is specific to Lara X.

I haven't stopped buying anything for Lara.. The LaraX is going to be a different body, but there will be a good transition period if 5.3 does get phased out.. Which I can't see it getting phased out completely since it has such a huge part of the market now..

I'm definitely not tossing that body or it's stuff.. Maitreya is going from having 1 body to four bodies in one update..

I'll be keeping an eye out for what my favorite creators do, because many of the others rigging for a lot of bodies, will just be getting things out there with the LaraX name on it  for sales.. Where the really good ones are going to be putting out the good stuff..

Plus I want to see if some rig for both.. I think a lot of people think it's going to be a happen over night thing , when it's going to take much much longer than that..

Keep an eye out for the good stuff and let those that are just throwing something out there that lacks in good quality, fall to the way side..

I'd love to see some of my older things updated, but if not, I'll still always have my 5.3's for those. :)

• Like 7

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

The last I had heard was, some time before Black Friday.. So any time from now until before then.

Long time to look for a new body - I wonder if the premature reveal already hurts outfits sales.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Long time to look for a new body - I wonder if the premature reveal already hurts outfits sales.

I think when that was said, it was to give room for the latest possible release time.. But it can come way sooner than that..

I'm sure it is having some impact on sales..  Myself, I'll probably still use both bodies and hopefully there is a rigging for both in a lot of the outfits and other things to come..

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 7:54 AM, Zarabeth Zenith said:

I've returned to SL after an extended hiatus and have been using the Maitreya body exclusively during my two years back in the virtual world. In the past, I've only saved and switched between different Evo-X heads, but now I'm curious if it's possible to save and switch between various bodies effortlessly. I understood a previous poster to say that switching back and forth between bodies is a nightmare.

I have already saved clothing sets that I may wear again, but I'm not sure if the same approach can be applied to bodies....for example, saving a clothing set wearing Lara 5.3 and then switching to an outfit wearing Lara X (when she is available) or any other body.

While this may seem like a simple question to some, I would appreciate guidance and insights from the experienced members of the community.

Thank you for your time and expertise. I look forward to learning from your valuable input.

I can assure you it's no more of a nightmare than any other object you switch out in an outfit, such as hair. Consider the new body as you would a new wig and proceed accordingly. Don't update old outfits, just use it in new ones if it suits you. 

I switch between bodies and avatars on a daily basis with no issues whatsoever.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Cayenne Republic said:

I can assure you it's no more of a nightmare than any other object you switch out in an outfit, such as hair. Consider the new body as you would a new wig and proceed accordingly. Don't update old outfits, just use it in new ones if it suits you. 

Switching bodies is more complicated than switching hair because it can change the skin and clothing that you need to wear.

I think switching between Lara and Lara X will be relatively painless. It looks like we won't need to change skins. We will probably need to change our HUD. People who set their body shape sliders near the middle may not need to change their shape or clothing, but might need to use alpha cuts or an alpha layer. 

If you wear strappy clothes such as mesh lingerie, you'll probably want to switch to a Lara X size.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

I wonder how many times SL body makers are going to crash face first into the same old design trap. If none of the old clothes fit, it'll take years for this body to take off, if it does at all.

See also: Slink's new bodies (failed), Belleza's new bodies (failed), endless other hopefuls, of which all failed, and notably not Legacy which had the alternative mesh that supported Maitreya clothing.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

I wonder how many times SL body makers are going to crash face first into the same old design trap. If none of the old clothes fit, it'll take years for this body to take off, if it does at all.

They think it's different this time because it's free, I highly doubt that changes much. Only the future will tell.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Cayenne Republic said:

Hmm let's test  that claim...

Ok here goes, I'm going to change my hair... and...

I'm wearing a different hair, phew that was easy!

Now we swap out a mesh body and here we go...

Old body off, old body hud off, new body on, new body hud on, swap out your shape because the new body with the old shape looks like she ate all the pies, change your physics layer, because the new body's ass will wobble right out of any clothing if you don't, none of the effing clothes fit, whole outfit off, look for a new outfit, don't have a new outfit because the new body hasn't had enough clothes made for it yet for you to HAVE a new outfit unless you only ever wear blue jeans, t-shirts, trainers, or floral print sun dresses...

So mow I'm standing around naked and looking like a fat assed stranger, not so effing easy.

"Easy as changing hair" claim DISPROVED!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

See also: Slink's new bodies (failed), Belleza's new bodies (failed), endless other hopefuls, of which all failed, and notably not Legacy which had the alternative mesh that supported Maitreya clothing.

Maitreya aren't stupid enough to charge for this, that's the difference.

Every single existing customer gets the update, that is why I'd be extremely surprised if this doesn't result in content being released for it almost immediately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1