Peeve things that irritate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have accumulated so much stuff over the years, I could easily redecorate a parcel a dozen and more times completely without paying an extra L$.
So, yes,  it would be tempting to stay a while before moving on, just to empty their wallets first a bit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

I have accumulated so much stuff over the years, I could easily redecorate a parcel a dozen and more times completely without paying an extra L$.
So, yes,  it would be tempting to stay a while before moving on, just to empty their wallets first a bit.

😄Also true for me. I was actually mortified when I realised how many houses and landscape stuff I have. Who needs that many? Me...ME I do!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

rezz a flat prim, with one tree in the middle, see if they do it too :)

but more serious .. ignore, don't look, derender or move

Then put a plaque out somewhere that names it, Forest through the Trees.. hehehe

They'll think it's art.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm starting to think the "copycat" behavior is a form of "gaslighting".

If the forums and some groups are any good indicator-it will be a very successful form for some people and on some people. If it works-people won't stop doing it. That's how people who need attention act. 

• Like 1

Because I'm petty, I would tear down everything I have (usually Victorian theme, lots of flowers and trees, etc.) and rebuild in a total opposite style.  Make it hideous. Make it goth.  Make it outer space.  Make it Barbie pink.   If you're planning on moving, why not have some fun with it and see if the copy cat follows suit.

I also have the inventory that makes it possible to do mass changes like that without having to spend a bunch of money.

• Haha 1

I dunno usually I have problems with neighbors putting ugly things up. Big screens. Tall modern buildings in a snowy landscape with mostly cabins. Low skyboxes. Sandboxes with just prims floating around.  The list of ugly views can go on and on...   If their home area looks like yours I'd consider it a backdrop or continuation of a theme and enjoy the view personally. 

Edited by Chery Amore
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chery Amore said:

I dunno usually I have problems with neighbors putting ugly things up. Big screens. Tall modern buildings in a snowy landscape with mostly cabins. Low skyboxes. Sandboxes with just prims floating around.  The list of ugly views can go on and on...   If their home area looks like yours I'd consider it a backdrop or continuation of a theme and enjoy the view personally. 

...... it's not really a continuation though - it's EXACTLY the same down to the furniture, had it been all the buildings, I would have understood - they are awesome but to do it exactly the same with the same things - is annoying, anyhoo de-rendered it ...looking at other lands. 😃 so yay for building! *claps hands*

Use Builder's Buddy or something similar to move everything around frequently.  Save scenes and switch them out frequently.  Put something created by you, including unique textures you created in the mix the nail them if those get copied.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:50 AM, Rick Nightingale said:

They'll just copy it 🤣. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I can imagine the WTF level of frustration, but there's really nothing that can be done. Whatever reason they have for doing it, they likely won't respond usefully to any confrontation about it.

Maybe learn to make mesh and make yourself something unique? Not an easy task from the beginning but perhaps it's a good excuse to take the plunge into creating. Turn the situation to the positive for you.

I still think the OP should put up a sign saying it is the original build -- with the Oscar Wilde quote, of course! -- and date it and post it on social media which will date it and put that link in a notecard giver  -- so that even if they copy the sign "Original" it will be debunked.

Most things in SL changed within 30 days. This person may get queasy looking at doubles day after day, so I think the OP should stand firm and wait for them to go away. 

• Like 1

Once we get proper, fully-working mirrors as a native feature, the answer to everything will be so simple... walls of mirrors on their side and transparency on yours. Then they can see themselves. And how dumb they look.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 12:41 PM, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Because I'm petty, I would tear down everything I have (usually Victorian theme, lots of flowers and trees, etc.) and rebuild in a total opposite style.  Make it hideous. Make it goth.  Make it outer space.  Make it Barbie pink.   If you're planning on moving, why not have some fun with it and see if the copy cat follows suit.

I also have the inventory that makes it possible to do mass changes like that without having to spend a bunch of money.

Let Torley build it. All dayglo watermelon and lime. 🤭

@Clover McGregor

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 5

On 3/17/2023 at 7:41 PM, Lysistrata Szapira said:

This is exactly what I would do in this situation.

Bonus; change it up every week.

Bonus +1: Make a load of (tacky and ugly) stuff myself; stuff that can't be purchased anywhere. If they want to copy that, they'll have to learn more than just how to shop.

Edited by Maitimo

On 3/20/2023 at 8:03 PM, Maitimo said:

Make a load of (tacky and ugly) stuff myself; stuff that can't be purchased anywhere. If they want to copy that, they'll have to learn more than just how to shop.

Exactly this. This is why I make my own stuff. The only way to copy me then is to buy my stuff.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.