Why can we have an option to hide the age in our profile?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

As amazing as that would be, I can't see it happening. Maybe by sheer coincidence, if we're lucky, lol.

That's kind of what I am meaning.. It will be nice if we can find  some needles in the haystack.. hehehe

I doubt it would be something on purpose, although it would be nice if there is some workable footwear.. Something we can at the very least tweak to fit..:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lewis Luminos said:

This whole thing smells to catfish.

04c1b2ebd9b88ec2f397d623a390e1c0.jpg

I thought it's a possibility as well, Lewis; but, a post just the other day did lash out at oldbies in an adhominen attack so she may be on the up and up.  I find negative stereotyping of oldbies or newbies utter poppycock.  It's the way you interact inworld that matters and many of us find real friends here.  Some may say that it isn't real but SL is an extension of our real life and a sharing of ourselves at times.  As far as me being an oldbie, there are people newer than me who know way more about SL and how to's or what to do.  I mostly socialized all those years ago and my main knowledge is how to dress, how to shop, how to find and AO and how to TP.  Probably, all very basic things.  Just because I am an oldbie people could assume I have vast knowledge about SL which I really don't.  Real life is a busy one, too.  Maybe she could try a Go Fund me if she has enough rl family and friends as it isn't that much money.  Tell your family and friends SL means a lot to you because it's a hobby and a social outlet and you need let's say $100 hundred dollars to start.  That's not that much money if a lot of people help in a Go Fund Me type of thing.

Edited by EliseAnne85

I have only ever had one derogatory comment made because of the length of time I have been on SL (16 years later this month). Most have been more along the lines of "Wow, you've been on SL a long time, what was it like back then".

I have an alt who is almost two years old and, aside from obviously not getting comments about my SL age, I haven't noticed any difference in the way she is received compared to my original SL self.

19 hours ago, Wanda Starlight said:

Sometimes I think I might change my avi back to her original name just to accentuate my SL age. Whenever you see anyone with the name Zenovka, you know they've been on SL for years.  I don't feel like spending the money to change it again though.

It's part of the reason why I changed my name back to Misfit. I had purchased a name change, it was fun for a while there. A Premium Plus perk is cheaper name changes so I changed it back. 

I honestly see no reason to hide your SL age, unless you are trying to hide your real life age. For example, I can't pretend to be 18 or 22 years old in real life when I have an SL account that is over 16 years old, now can I? I have never experienced any discrimination as a result of having an older SL account, it has always proven to be a conversation starter and people show interest.

• Like 3

Im glad this thread made me read some of the Jira "feature requests".
Its among other curiosities like:

"Whenever i teleport somewhere, im not fully rezzed for others in the same moment. I feel embarrassed and would teleport away if i would know about my appearance. Therefore I would like to see myself the same way others see me."

No, i didnt make this up, its there. Some people really think its a good idea.
I really feel for the Linden employee who has to read all that genius ideas.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

"Whenever i teleport somewhere, im not fully rezzed for others in the same moment. I feel embarrassed and would teleport away if i would know about my appearance. Therefore I would like to see myself the same way others see me."

This is why we wear BOM undies. Nodnods.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

And why some of us don't !\o/

:P

Joke's on them. Their system bodies rezzes faster in all their "lips on back of head" syndrome & crooked sliders glory before the rest of their mesh parts do.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
english is hard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Im glad this thread made me read some of the Jira "feature requests".
Its among other curiosities like:

No, i didnt make this up, its there. Some people really think its a good idea.
I really feel for the Linden employee who has to read all that genius ideas.

Poor thing would never teleport anywhere.

4 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Joke's on them. Their system bodies rezzes faster in all their "lips on back of head" syndrome & crooked sliders glory before the rest of their mesh parts do.

I actually find those backwards heads really creepy.  I'd rather just see naked body parts flying about.

SL residents seem to become more paranoid each time I return, even getting to the point of militant about privacy.

With people looking to hide their presence on mini-maps, removed from searches and now hiding avatar age...

Might as well go full steam and demand the ability to make you avatar invisible lol

18 minutes ago, HRH Andrew said:

SL residents seem to become more paranoid each time I return, even getting to the point of militant about privacy.

With people looking to hide their presence on mini-maps, removed from searches and now hiding avatar age...

Might as well go full steam and demand the ability to make you avatar invisible lol

I agree some  go too far, but privacy isn't a crime.  People who share everything think that everyone should, and that's not how it works.

On 1/10/2023 at 9:23 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

There is the Lucy body as well, which a lot of Maitreya things fit..

It's gonna be interesting to see if any things on the market already fit on the NUX.. it'll be kind of neat looking through my inventory testing out different bodies products to see if any of those things fit well enough for a NUX. :)  

The nice thing is they are gonna be BOM so  hopefully a lot of skins match up really nice right out of the gate too and don't fit them strange.

I can only get a few things to actually work well with this setup... I sent my alt in for a free head and lucy body but had to buy the 250L BOM applier... but, there are many glitches in clothing I have found. Not extensive research... but is there a trick?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

I can only get a few things to actually work well with this setup... I sent my alt in for a free head and lucy body but had to buy the 250L BOM applier... but, there are many glitches in clothing I have found. Not extensive research... but is there a trick?

Not really, a lot has to do with how well things are rigged and things like that.. I can get a lot of my things to fit that i own. there is a lot out there that is rigged for Maitreya that doesn't fit Maitreya well either.. That can be a factor also..Most things made for Maitreya that fit the lucy are looser on lucy than they are Maitreya, especially in the bottoms.

ETA: just to add, because I was testing out some other things with different bodies tonight..

If you take a shape that you have made for Maitreya and put on your Maitreya body. Then look at the body from behind and then switch to your lucy body.. You will see how much thinner the Lucy body is compared to Maitreya.. I could probably fit an alt with the same shape wearing a lucybody, inside my body if I were wearing maitreya and we had the same shape.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.