Humans complaining about heights

Denny Farlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

can not remove quote >_>

how do you remove quotes in edit mode =.=

charlotte still plays troll, i wonder where his/her partner with the troll face is. makes fun to poke reactions out of other peoples eh? you literarly add nothing to this discussion other then accusing peoples of things.

and the rest has more or less the same opinion like me that those normie height standards are just dumb. 

fun is when normies like that have a house on the same A sim with a kid room in it but next door is a BDSM room. i think thats against the ToS since it is not allowed to have adult related stuff near kid places. so, angelinas "they protect themselfs" becomes a whole new meaning aka dont want to get cought on their own.

Edited by Denny Farlight
  • Confused 1

On 1/1/2023 at 4:07 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Although obviously not taken in SL, your profile pic, below, shows 2 anime(ish) characters who look very teen-like.  Perhaps that contributes to region owners assuming your avatar is under 18?   Another pic in your profile also shows a character that looks younger.  

As I said, many region owners may SAY it's height but it may also be several contributing factors in their decision.

e493d0757a1704e391e305acabf19ac4.png

oh nvm ya replied o.o

so you assume based on my profile picture look i like that in sl o_o?

thats a bolt assumption tho. are you aswell (and now start i probably a whole new discussion) one of those peoples which doesnt knows the difference between artwork and real life? because just because i have a drawn artwork in my profile picture does not mean that i look like that in SL nor are shown characters on this picture child characters, its (on the left) chiro which is 26 years old according to my OC lore and (on the right) chira (which is 22 years old). the picture got drawn in the so called chibi kemono style. (now google what that means, kemono is a japenese artwork style.) but i assume that you are one of those peoples which doesnt know artwork stuff. i go even further. in FF14 exists a race called lalafell right? they are like really small. so, according to the FF14 lore are lalafells ADULTS! but you are probably one of those persons which would ignore all that even its written into the FF14 wiki by square enix and calling all lalafells kids xD. that is my opinion about you now simply because you judged on a single picture how i look in second life.

like for example: this is chira as neko. https://gyazo.com/a0d7bbc4f20c40e2c4f0c55146d07bdb if this looks like a teen or child for you are you trully lost. but i can already imagine your excuses and what you might say, expecially because you was already like "animeish=child" thats how i understood it which is aswell a dumb thing which normies do.

Edited by Denny Farlight
added screenshot of neko chira oo.

16 hours ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

SL is not built to mimic RL human proportions. The scales are all off, the sliders are off. To make it worse the default camera height is bad and encourages people to size up so they don't feel like they are watching a short person.

This goal of realism is unobtainable and should be kicked to the curb. SL itself has a different height measurement but everyone goes with Firestorm or some random 3rd party scripted nonsenses that makes the person calc'ed to be 6inches taller or more.

Somehow Firestorm is more accurate than Linden Labs, the actual creators of SL. That's how absurd this height nonsense is. People think it is the height measurement in Edit shape that is off. What if it is the measurement on the prim blocks? Is that legitimately 0.5m tall? This is a company and game made by americans you know...

Just that.

The SL human scale is different from the RL human scale.

Linden Lab never tried to make SL so avatars would be the same height as RL humans. Nothing in the viewer is set up to make this the standard, what we are met with when we log in.

Linden Lab does not even make starter avatars in RL height. 

So, in SL the human height is human height as observed in SL. It is the norm, the standard, that the average human is taller. The average human in SL also have smaller head, longer legs, shorter arms and a lot of other things that is not RL proportions. 

To wish that all other avatars, creators and places should follow RL scale is only that, a wish.

And do those who want all to be RL height, really think we do not know we are taller? We know, but we do not see it as a problem or an issue.

It is not new. Denny is just the latest one, but a pinch more condescending than the others before.

• Like 6

I do not bother to quote all of @Denny Farlight's texts.

My only comment to him and his arguments is the Danish saying:

"Skik følge, eller land fly". Translated to "Observe custom, or flee country". A more common saying is "When in Rome, do as the Romans do".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is not just the fear of a ban from Linden Lab that makes adult place owners nervous. It is also all the other visitors that comes in there in their adult gear or their birthday suits, to meet an avatar that does not even reach their pierced nipples.

The do not want to be seen next to that avatar. They are uncomfortable. They will not have their picture taken in the proximity of that avatar. 

So do the owner want a happy gang of likeminded, tall people having relaxed adult fun together, or a smug, small person who makes others want to leave?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

28 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So, in SL the human height is human height as observed in SL. It is the norm, the standard, that the average human is taller. The average human in SL also have smaller head, longer legs, shorter arms and a lot of other things that is not RL proportions. 

what? to which places are you going? whenever i am at human/normie sims have they to like 70% of the time SUPER LONG legs, SUPER LONG arms, their heads look like they come from a top model place, the lips look like vacuum cleaners (tho i think the lipgloss causes that o.o) their torso is so tall that you sometimes could fit a normal real life human into their torso and dont even let me talk about when it comes to breasts, butt, thighs and hips o_o.

but like some peoples said here already "maybe you go to the wrong places" iunno i dont really "aim" to go to specific places. i am sometimes bored and just do sim hopping. some peoples understood me aswell in like "i want to stay there" no, its just literarly me exploring every now and then and like 50% of the time when i hop around get i imed with one of the following messages:

furs are not allowed here. <-- its fine, would just change avi.

if i enter as neko:still same as the first one, iunno why nekos get still seen as furs tho but i simply remove the ears and tail.

and the most frequent one, you are too short. (and god, my neko chira is according to the appereance info 193cm)

and i say again, i do not argue with the owners, i often only say that i´m just sim hopping and explore. 

and again, the only owner to which i complained was the one which said "its a real life based sim" but they had 2meter+ avatars in the sim and i wouldnt even call it complaining, i simply asked a question why they are 2meter+tall but its a real life based sim xD. and in my opinion deserved they to get that asked. 

but yea, in general when i hop around or fly around on mainland run you into weird places. and then are there those places where you think the owners sit on the entrance and just waiting to ban someone aka you enter the sim and 5 seconds later got you ejected/banned those are the worst when the owners give you not even the chance to see/read the rules xD.

Edited by Denny Farlight
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Linden Lab does not even make starter avatars in RL height. 

I didn't bother to test too many of them, but a few female ones I did test are somewhat normal. Around 1.775 m (5 ft 9 in) for quite a few, not counting the shoebase (that adds another 10cm). Agent height (which is what LL viewer reports) is ~15m shorter and is incorrect, despite what some posters in this thread think.

17 hours ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

This goal of realism is unobtainable and should be kicked to the curb. SL itself has a different height measurement but everyone goes with Firestorm or some random 3rd party scripted nonsenses that makes the person calc'ed to be 6inches taller or more.

Not everyone wants to be a 2.1m tall amazons and 2.4m giants, nor enjoys having them around. Some do, and it's your/their choice.

17 hours ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

Somehow Firestorm is more accurate than Linden Labs, the actual creators of SL.

It is. And considering just how many things LL did wrong over the years, especially at the start of SL, that now take them years to fix, it shouldn't surprise anyone. Hard coded last names that took current LL staff years to fix is a good example. Being stuck with 512mb VRAM as the max possible option for the texture memory buffer is another one (when FS and some other viewers got it right ages ago) is another.

Even if stick to the proportions/height alone, the fact alone that you end up with a T. Rex-like arms if you go above certain height, because the arms length at 100 is not enough after a certain point, is a very good example how inaccurate LL designed avatars back in the days.

If that's how you like to look, then it's your choice. And to some of us it's a laughable caricature look, and that is what should be" kicked the curb" instead. Good thing there's plenty space in SL for everyone to enjoy things and find like-minded people that might share same views on height, shapes, mesh vs prim building and many other topics that often divide people who've been around forever and got used to how things were back in the days and new users that might enjo realism a bit more.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 2

@Denny Farlightlong text again. Short answer: Why do I see so few super tall avatars? I do not go to adult places.

A couple of years ago, I logged in an alt if I wanted some adult fun.

Why an alt? Well, some guys are really clingy, and using Marianne there would mean asking to meet me the moment I logged in.

Marianne (third from left) is just a little shorter than the height adult places prefer. If I go to Doux and want to buy hair, I can see females shorter and taller.

My shortest avatar meet other female avatars the same height as her. But they have much wider hips and bigger breasts. Short and thicc is fashionable. She has never, ever been given snide remarks, asked to change her appearance or asked to leave. Because she never tries to go to places without clothes, that has adult furniture in the bushes.

I could say 1.60 is common RL female height, and name a lot of actresses from Korea that are 25-30 years old and look like 16. I could argue and get banned.

The avatar that I used for adult places is closer to 2 m. It also makes the couple animations fit better. If I should go there in my RL height of 1.66, the animations would be way off.

619330775_altsjuly.thumb.jpg.6fd502d4c4fd493cce169169ea70f2f1.jpg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

@Denny Farlightlong text again. Short answer: Why do I see so few super tall avatars? I do not go to adult places.

A couple of years ago, I logged in an alt if I wanted some adult fun.

Why an alt? Well, some guys are really clingy, and using Marianne there would mean asking to meet me the moment I logged in.

Marianne (third from left) is just a little shorter than the height adult places prefer. If I go to Doux and want to buy hair, I can see females shorter and taller.

My shortest avatar meet other female avatars the same height as her. But they have much wider hips and bigger breasts. Short and thicc is fashionable. She has never, ever been given snide remarks, asked to change her appearance or asked to leave. Because she never tries to go to places without clothes, that has adult furniture in the bushes.

I could say 1.60 is common RL female height, and name a lot of actresses from Korea that are 25-30 years old and look like 16. I could argue and get banned.

The avatar that I used for adult places is closer to 2 m. It also makes the couple animations fit better. If I should go there in my RL height of 1.66, the animations would be way off.

619330775_altsjuly.thumb.jpg.6fd502d4c4fd493cce169169ea70f2f1.jpg

so, it seems you do not really read my posts. so will i do now with you and not really read your post either and say only 1 thing.

the avatar i posted is 193cm tall. if that is small for you leave your basement and go out into the real world and learn how the average height irl is and stop sitting in your basement which you probably do since 2009. stop trying to forbidd me things. my avatar is clearly of legal height. its peoples like you in SL which live in the year 2009 and think 250cm is the standard in SL. bad news for you tho. ever since the maitreya body hitted the marketplace started some normies to realize "oh *****, i might be a bit too tall". its nowadays not longer that bad. but yea, peoples like you are the issue in SL.

Edited by Denny Farlight
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The key word here is adult. 

Avatars who go to places that are created only for adult activity, tend to have taller avatars. They have heard rumors that they are reported if they are under a certain height, they just want to play safe.

If I should generalize, I would say that males who are in SL only to get pixel adult fun, are huge. Maybe it is insecurity, they will compensate for something. So I my avatar who go there, adapt to their size. My time in SL is too short for arguments. I just don't care.

The only men I meet in adult places, that is worth having a conversation with, are shorter, like 2 m-2.10. They can type more than Hi, how r u and asl.

And English isn't my #1 language, but at least I try to do better than that.

I see a lot of attractive men and women outside of adult places, where females are 1.8 or males 2 m - 2.20. They are usually much better put together also, especially the men. The men in adult places tend to use Tellaq or Aesthetic, black hair, deep tan, piercings, tattoos and maybe a few clothes. I got tired of seeing them. They do nothing positive for me.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The key word here is adult. 

Avatars who go to places that are created only for adult activity, tend to have taller avatars. They have heard rumors that they are reported if they are under a certain height, they just want to play safe.

If I should generalize, I would say that males who are in SL only to get pixel adult fun, are huge. Maybe it is insecurity, they will compensate for something. So I my avatar who go there, adapt to their size. My time in SL is too short for arguments. I just don't care.

The only men I meet in adult places, that is worth having a conversation with, are shorter, like 2 m-2.10. They can type more than Hi, how r u and asl.

And English isn't my #1 language, but at least I try to do better than that.

I see a lot of attractive men and women outside of adult places, where females are 1.8 or males 2 m - 2.20. They are usually much better put together also, especially the men. The men in adult places tend to use Tellaq or Aesthetic, black hair, deep tan, piercings, tattoos and maybe a few clothes. I got tired of seeing them. They do nothing positive for me.

oh, now go we the grammartroll route. nope, i stay with what i said, peoples like you are the problem in SL. because of peoples like you get peoples which are for example 160cm in real life and want that to be in sl for whatever reason too, banned because you think they do ***** shenanigens o_o. if you poke my english more will i loose even more respect torwards you and type even more worse. 

i make something clear. i do not have something against it if someone chooses to be a giant in SL. its their choice, its what they want to be in SL. the problem is that this height stuff gets forced upon others. aka the human community says "everyone needs to be 2meter tall to be seen as adult" and they try to force that upon EVERYONE!!! if you dont follow it get you threatened  with a report to linden labs etc. which is the next level of harassment which the human community does. the problem here is that MOSTLY the human community does this. you see this rarely in the fur community (unless you use a kemono avatar) and even more rarely in the anime community. 

THAT is the problem. AGAIN, i do not have a problem that the human community choosen to be giants in SL. i have a problem with it that they try to force it upon everyone which does not fit their standards.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Denny Farlight said:

so, it seems you do not really read my posts. so will i do now with you and not really read your post either and say only 1 thing.

the avatar i posted is 193cm tall. if that is small for you leave your basement and go out into the real world and learn how the average height irl is and stop sitting in your basement which you probably do since 2009. stop trying to forbidd me things. my avatar is clearly of legal height. its peoples like you in SL which live in the year 2009 and thing 250cm is the standard in SL. bad news for you tho. ever since the maitreya body hitted the marketplace started some normies to realize "oh *****, i might be a bit too tall". its nowadays not longer that bad. but yea, peoples like you are the issue in SL.

Maitreya mesh body is not even on the Marketplace. I bought it the day it came out,13th December 2014, In the Maitreya mainstore.

I read your posts, but it is pointless to quote the wall of texts and the same arguments. You do not budge. That is fine. But do not expext others to bend... You are just rude, condescending and want adult places to bend to your will.

I do not forbid you anything. You do your thing and go to places where you are welcome. I am not some guardian in adult places. I am sure it is many adult places where you are welcome and they like your avatar. If you were 1.93, maybe it is something else. 

If you meet others with condescending attitude and assumptions, maybe that is what gets you banned.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Denny Farlight, I think your English is better than mine. I never thought you would type asl. Your write long and clear posts. I had another type avatar in mind. I am baffled, that you thought I meant you. Please belive in this, no matter what else you think of me.

I did not quote everything, because it is the same arguments.

I do not think I can make you change your mind, so it is a bit pointless to go back and forth, do you agree?

I am just not bothered by SL height, and I say that loud and clear. I respect the wishes of those who own places. Their rules. No arguments. If I find the rules are silly, I don't mouth back. I leave, or I adapt to the rules.

I do not want to continue this. I am not happy when you call me one who sit in my basement and normie. And I don't want more of that.

I do the same here as I do in SL. I continue to be in the thread, or I leave. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Denny Farlight said:

Some stuff not addressing what I actually said

If you had read and understood my post, you'd see I did say the picture wasn't  from SL.  A lot of people have no idea whatsoever what any of these anime character represent.  They see they LOOK like teen type characters.  It's NOT on them to know the backstory or even care.  

What the venue owners go by is how your avatar looks.  You haven't posted a.picture of the current look you have that keeps getting you tossed out.  What I said was that the picture in your profile MIGHT contribute to why people think your character is underage.   Anime character and others similar to that have faces that are, by proportional standard in RL, childlike.

ETA.  I did go back and look at the SL character you posted.  It has an anime-like face which as I said, has facial feature (as most anime and such character have) that are proportionally not adult.  THAT is the look many venue owners do not allow.  That she has boobs is irrelevant also.  I had boobs when I was 14.  

The point being...your overall look plus your sunny disposition and NOT just your height probably contribute to your bans.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you had read and understood my post, you'd see I did say the picture wasn't  from SL.  A lot of people have no idea whatsoever what any of these anime character represent.  They see they LOOK like teen type characters.  It's NOT on them to know the backstory or even care.  

What the venue owners go by is how your avatar looks.  You haven't posted a.picture of the current look you have that keeps getting you tossed out.  What I said was that the picture in your profile MIGHT contribute to why people think your character is underage.   Anime character and others similar to that have faces that are, by proportional standard in RL, childlike.

There was a case that got a fair bit of media coverage a couple of years back, the police had raided a guy's home and nicked his computer, and he was tried for having thousands of pictures that were alleged to be prawn-o-graphic representations of minors. I can't quite remember how it went, but it turned out the guy was working as a manga translator, and no one was entirely sure how to determine the age of anime characters. Or if drawings of physically implausible humans were at all to be considered an issue for law enforcement to be concerned with. 

--

Went to look it up, the case appeared in 2010, and whilst the local and regional courts both found him guilty, he was later freed by the Swedish Supreme Court. Also there was a whole lot of debate with experts from various fields chiming in on this and that, but it seems there was never any agreed upon consensus on whether drawn manga characters could be considered basis for criminal offenses. 

Like 70% of the content of the article is about how dozens of experts from different fields feel it was right or wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

There was a case that got a fair bit of media coverage a couple of years back, the police had raided a guy's home and nicked his computer, and he was tried for having thousands of pictures that were alleged to be prawn-o-graphic representations of minors. I can't quite remember how it went, but it turned out the guy was working as a manga translator, and no one was entirely sure how to determine the age of anime characters. Or if drawings of physically implausible humans were at all to be considered an issue for law enforcement to be concerned with. 

--

Went to look it up, the case appeared in 2010, and whilst the local and regional courts both found him guilty, he was later freed by the Swedish Supreme Court. Also there was a whole lot of debate with experts from various fields chiming in on this and that, but it seems there was never any agreed upon consensus on whether drawn manga characters could be considered basis for criminal offenses. 

Like 70% of the content of the article is about how dozens of experts from different fields feel it was right or wrong. 

Which is exactly why a lot of venues don't allow any type of anime(ish) characters and honestly, I don't blame them.  Especially in adult/sex places, it's better to be safe, IMO.

LL ToS refers to characters who APPEAR to be minors which is anyone under 18.  They do not care what age you SAY your avatar represents nor how tall it is.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Denny Farlight said:

in real life

page 7 and you keep hammering on this  ... we'r in SL, rl is irrelevant for the sizes of avatars.

If you want to dress up in a to young looking style for privately owned places, you simply have the risk to be violating their standards. Quite easy.

I just posted a quite young looking version of me in another thread, i will never with that look go to places where the circumstances are in a way i'm not wanted or should not be for being in a situation with adult activities.

we have to look into the mirror ; am i dressed up for the location, or not ? We'r guests on other peoples regions,  be aware of that, for yourself, the other visitors and the owner.

My adult appearances are all between 180 and 210 .. never encountered a problem. While under 2m often already is seen as small on some locations. My look is adult, if that gets questionable, owners can play on safe and prevent getting in trouble, or getting a bad name.

• Like 5

There is a group of things that many will go by..  Profile is something that can tell a lot about an avatar and influence land owners one way or the other about your avatar..  Not just pictures but groups and what is said in it.. Then also overall appearance of your avatar..

This is my husbands avatar.. Not inworld husband because I don't need two in my life.. hehehe  Then mine compared in size to his..  It's pretty  close to where we line up in RL.. He might actually be a little shorter in SL..

That wasn't really by design to make us close to what we are, it just kind of happened.. hehehe

52606948235_e11160e370_k.jpg

It's also pretty close to how I line up with a lot of people in SL, especially men.. Some i think are even taller too..

I don't really ever notice that I'm small in SL until i get out in the world and start exploring.. I go to lots of places that  don't allow child avatar, like some beaches.. None of those beaches, which some are nude  and adult beaches, never tell me to leave.. In fact a lot of times the staff will IM me and welcome me  and sometimes just chat for a little bit and tell me if I have any troubles to let them know..

I think if I was ever asked to change or leave because of being too small.. It would come down to, Do I really want to stay or not.. If so then it's no trouble to add more height.. A lot less trouble than fighting about it or getting bent out of shape about it..

If I didn't think it was worth it, I would just go somewhere else..

I have similar problems in RL, like never leave home without purse because my ID is in there.. I get carded any time I buy anything that requires an ID.. I sometimes even get a triple take of my ID to make sure it's not fake..

My husband almost got in a fight with a guy at a store because he wanted some beer and was on the phone, so I went in to get it, The guy gave me a hard time.. Then he came out of the truck to see what was going on and they guy said something smart ass like, She seems way too young for you.. He about flipped a lid and was about to go at the guy, but I seen it coming and got in the middle..

So, it's par for the course when your small in RL too.. hehehe

In here we have the option to adjust to the different worlds we explore in SL.. That or  roll with the punches if we don't want to adjust.. 10 times out of 10 we're going to lose to a land owner.. Because it's their house..

I know in RL, nobody comes to my house telling me how to run it.. Even my husband  knows that's walking on shaky ground.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 7

Lalafells are indeed damn cute and fully adult, but they really do look like little walking potatoes. Yes, I said it.

Anyhoo, at this point by now, (well, long before this point), I would've just flicked my height slider to the right and kept it moving. Being on the taller side means so little in SL overall.

I usually rock about 7 feet/213cm or taller plus hover to compensate for my high platforms and heels, depending on the avatar (usually taller for my monsters and creatures, a bit shorter for the furry critters, frog is about 7ish feet) and navigate around and actually do things without any issue. I may have had to resize some of my furniture up here and there or adjust my sits/poses, but I've not yet gotten stuck in any doorways or anything as buildings in general seem pretty huge. My cam's fine, running around my house is fine, etc. Dancing may prove to be an issue, but I don't really care about that to begin with. My height would be the last thing preventing someone from trying to waltz with me. Especially on my Nemesis.

Realism is already out the door and down the block for me to begin with, so heights are essentially meaningless as far as I'm concerned. Go nuts. Be a giraffe (I'm considering this) or a potato (not considering this). If a sim owner complains, just tp out and be done with it, or adjust your height and roll with it.

• Like 7

On 12/28/2022 at 1:11 AM, Denny Farlight said:

ok, this gets really annoying and it brews in me for about a decade now.

i hope a mod doesnt slaps me for bringing this up but seriously, the human community (or aswell called normie community) is CRAZY. 

i can not go into any sim without getting called teen and/or child avatar. you may wonder now and ask "how tall are you?" i am 181cm tall (just like i am in real life) which is, for the US peoples which use the different height thing 5'9. its a total legit height irl, infact. my country (which is germany) has across all genders an average adult height of 156cm to 194cm. to translate that for the US peoples, 5'1 to 6'3. 

but the human community is ridicioulus in SL. everyone is like 2meters (or even taller, aka 6'5+) and if you are not 2meters tall are you for them a child avatar. the worst i´ve ever seen so far in SL was this https://gyazo.com/07e62345ac91958d668bd42a302032f8 a honest question to you human peoples IN WHICH COUNTRY IS 220cm (7'2) normal adult height? and in which country or land on this world are teens 175cm tall? (5'7) and ON WHICH COUNTRY ON EARTH REACHES A TODDLER THE CROTCH OF AN ADULT!!!????? wtf is WRONG with you guys?

the worst experience i had with a human person in sl (aka normie) by the way, if anyone asks, i am a neko, both male and female versions and my female is even taller then my male but got called child avi (shes like 191cm aka 6'2 with b cup breats but i think my breasts are for normies not huge enough to be adult). anyways, back to the worst experience i had with a human in sl was, they IM me, telling me "hun, this is a real life based sim, nekos nor furries are allowed here". ok, i was fine with that and removed tail and ears. i asked if it is ok now, she said yes. so, i asked her "if this is a real life based sim, why is everyone so tall, infact, you are like 2meters and the male next to you is even taller, thats not really real life like" they then banned me from the place and imed me saying "you look srsly like a teen" and i asked back "wtf? i am 181cm tall, show me a real life picture where a teen is 181cm tall o_o" they then blocked me, a friend of theirs (tho i assume it was an alt account) wrote to me "you cant apply real life height into SL" .. ofcourse you can -_- you human peoples are just too used to the default cam position and feeling small with 180cm. 

and this is what a lot of peoples say. its a problem of the default camera setting. so peoples make themselfs so tall that it fits. a huge problem is aswell that literarly ALL furniture creators went along with this and make furniture for giants. like, i often stand next to furniture and am literarly 181cm tall (yes i know, i said that a lot by now) but the furniture is so frigging huge that i literarly look like a child next to it. its a huge problem aswell.

like a few months ago went the rumor around that LL was on one of their meetings talking about making 159cm (5'2) as minimum height for Adult sims. it went around like a fire, some places even adapted to it. like nilles hangout which literarly kicks peoples which are like 2meter tall and have their minimum height set to 160cm. then recently got the ToS updated. a lot of peoples said the 159cm thing is now official but i can find it nowhere in the ToS.

fact is, Linden Labs needs to do something against this. its HORRIBLE.

ok i am done with my rant. srsly humans or normies, leave your basement for a week or two and learn how tall adult peoples in real life are.

Linden Lab isn't going to do anything about this and set no such rule as has been said.

You could consider if anything else about your behaviour or groups or profile or pictures could be inviting this reaction. And so should everyone else in this thread. Look inworld. People often forget to do that on the forums. It's always enlightening.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

18 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

Not everyone wants to be a 2.1m tall amazons and 2.4m giants, nor enjoys having them around. Some do, and it's your/their choice.

My ava is 1.67m by SL measurements, by firestorm it is 1.84m. In inches that is 6.7inches of difference. Shoe bases add about that much.

Despite that height my arms ARE long enough to wipe myself and I got 30 more points in the slider to make'em even longer...! 😝

It is.

Firestorm is not. It is an overhyped viewer.

And considering just how many things LL did wrong over the years, especially at the start of SL, that now take them years to fix, it shouldn't surprise anyone. Hard coded last names that took current LL staff years to fix is a good example. Being stuck with 512mb VRAM as the max possible option for the texture memory buffer is another one (when FS and some other viewers got it right ages ago) is another.

Even if stick to the proportions/height alone, the fact alone that you end up with a T. Rex-like arms if you go above certain height, because the arms length at 100 is not enough after a certain point, is a very good example how inaccurate LL designed avatars back in the days.

All "accurate" measurements in SL is based on LL's own prims. How certain can you be of that 0.5m cube being actually 0.5meters when LL has messed up so many things-- as you say. People are measuring avatar heights with the same broken code LL used to build this uviverse. How you trust the cube to be exactly 0.5m like in RL, but trash everything else is beyond me.

If that's how you like to look, then it's your choice. And to some of us it's a laughable caricature look, and that is what should be" kicked the curb" instead. Good thing there's plenty space in SL for everyone to enjoy things and find like-minded people that might share same views on height, shapes, mesh vs prim building and many other topics that often divide people who've been around forever and got used to how things were back in the days and new users that might enjo realism a bit more.

My avatar is perfectly fine and normal looking. ;)

776912870_profilepic2a.png.ba230191d13002391651d636599685cb.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.